• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
So, once the DLC arrives, do you guys think we should expect it to come with stamps for the new characters, tracks and time trials using said characters as bosses for each new track?
I thought it was a given thing but I don't doubt one bit Nintendo would omit something so obvious

Similar to this:
Mario_stamp_side_MK8.png
Hot_Air_Balloon_stamp_MK8.png

I don't know about stamps but they would have to add new time trials for the new tracks. I think that's more or less a given.

I'm annoyed that the upcoming MK8 bundle is Walmart-exclusive. I'll be using Amazon credit to help pay for my Wii U so yeah.

But, I want SM3DW so I'm thinking of just seeing if I can get that one instead.

octopiggy

Just finished playing for the night and I'm under 50 coins off the 10,000! I will finally get that last part tomorrow. This is without a doubt my most played game so far this year.

Nearly at 7,000VR too.

So, once the DLC arrives, do you guys think we should expect it to come with stamps for the new characters, tracks and time trials using said characters as bosses for each new track?
I thought it was a given thing but I don't doubt one bit Nintendo would omit something so obvious

Similar to this:
Mario_stamp_side_MK8.png
Hot_Air_Balloon_stamp_MK8.png

I would be surprised if they don't include more stamps with the DLC.

backlot

You get a win for every person you finish ahead of in a race, and a loss for every person you finish behind. So, for example, if you come in 4th in a 12-player race, you will get 8 wins and 3 losses for that race.

No idea about the balloon thing, I don't play Battle much.

But I've counted and it doesn't work out like that. I have no idea how it actually works.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
But I've counted and it doesn't work out like that. I have no idea how it actually works.

Ah, you're right. I just tested it--got first in an 11-player race, and only got 5 wins. So I'm not really sure!

EDIT: Just tried again. Got first in a 10-man race, and got 8 wins this time. The only possibility I can think of is that maybe people are quitting in the middle of the race, and it's not counting wins against them.

Ah, you're right. I just tested it--got first in an 11-player race, and only got 5 wins. So I'm not really sure!

EDIT: Just tried again. Got first in a 10-man race, and got 8 wins this time. The only possibility I can think of is that maybe people are quitting in the middle of the race, and it's not counting wins against them.

I imagine it's either that or they factor in VR in some way.

bon

I'm in the GAF room and nobody is there.
come on guys i want to try out albino Yoshi with his new Mercedes.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
All right, I'll come in for a bit.

I imagine it's either that or they factor in VR in some way.
In both rooms, I was the highest-VR player in the room by a significant margin (I'm at about 9700, everyone else ranged from 4000 to 8000). Didn't look like there was a big difference between the two rooms.

Oidisco

Non-Frantic Gaf tournament, I've wanting to come back to this for so long!

Now watch me get slaughtered by green shells anyway...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Drifted the wrong way for a bit at the tree section. Good thing I had that horn!

EDIT: All right, time to eat dinner. May be back on later. GGs, all!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
...The heck? Playing random WW, and I just got randomly matched up with Prob...

EDIT: Lost my lightning to a lightning. That's a new one. Guess I wasted time checking for stars...

EDIT 2: ...comm error...

EDIT 3: ANOTHER comm error. Yeah, they certainly made the online more stable, all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom