• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
Is there anything worse than seeing a random green shell whizzing around and knowing that despite the angles not making any sense, that it's going to hit you and fuck up your whole race?

EDIT: Lost my lightning to a lightning. That's a new one. Guess I wasted time checking for stars...

So many unlucky/devious shocks in that room. Shocked going above the gears on TTC (somehow fell off the stage), shocked over the jumps on SSC, BDD, CC and SA, twice (in the same race!) while taking the RR SC, shocked in the midst of taking the shroom SCs on CCB, SL and DDD. Shocks, shocks, shocks.
Shocks.

Man the competition online is really insane now. Playing on Worldwide, being in the top 5 is an accomplishment now since everyone knows the shortcuts and are good at the game.

Porcile

Man the competition online is really insane now. Playing on Worldwide, being in the top 5 is an accomplishment now since everyone knows the shortcuts and are good at the game.

What's your rank? I was just in a WW room and absolutely dominated. 1st 90% of the time, 2nd the rest. I suck in the GAF lobby as well.

Toad's turnpike used to be my favourite course to race, I'd always have like a five second lead over everyone else, and didn't even really bother grabbing items half the time.

But now it seems that everyone knows to stick to the inside track. Although I guess the higher your ranking climbs, the more likely you are to be matched up with people who are as good as you.

ffdgh

And then we add insane backspamming to the mix...Not sure if i can take anymore green shell and fireballs after every freaking corner bouncong at crazy angles.

Porcile

Toad's turnpike used to be my favourite course to race, I'd always have like a five second lead over everyone else, and didn't even really bother grabbing items half the time.

But now it seems that everyone knows to stick to the inside track. Although I guess the higher your ranking climbs, the more likely you are to be matched up with people who are as good as you.

Toads Turnpike is a nightmare! Once a guy is in front it's really hard to overtake. Shells are useless on that track as they just crash into the trucks and cars 90% of the time.

RiggyRob

Just unlocked the Sports Coupe, and man does it feel gooooood. Now I can choose a heavy character and make those really tight turns I wanted to make before but couldn't.

Just out of curiosity, what's the optimal stat spread again, 5 speed and 2 acceleration?

Albo

Is there anything worse than seeing a random green shell whizzing around and knowing that despite the angles not making any sense, that it's going to hit you and fuck up your whole race?

So many unlucky/devious shocks in that room. Shocked going above the gears on TTC (somehow fell off the stage), shocked over the jumps on SSC, BDD, CC and SA, twice (in the same race!) while taking the RR SC, shocked in the midst of taking the shroom SCs on CCB, SL and DDD. Shocks, shocks, shocks.
Shocks.

And then we add insane backspamming to the mix...Not sure if i can take anymore green shell and fireballs after every freaking corner bouncong at crazy angles.

I know that feel brahs

EqualDecimalElkhound.gif

another from awhile ago http://www.gfycat.com/LegalLightAbalone# (I can almost still feel the pain from this one)

and a bonus gif of the great netcode

ibvogTtNVly9gD.gif

Roo

Brb.. I need to save that Water Park race :D

that final turn...

Dat bomb-omb at the end.

Lol, stole water park. Roo and Merrick sorted themselves out :D

Yeah.
That reminds me have you made a gif yet?

Well, here it is.
Like I said, I wanted to upload it to youtube but it was taking forever so I decided to make a quick gif.

Long story short, I was second, I threw a bomb, it hit Merrick, I was "hell yeah first is mine" then Exentryk appeared out of nowhere and stole my first, I got second (as intended since the beginning) and Merrick got robbed getting 3rd lol

ibxcSCuq0U9hSU.gif

Edit: I actually went ahead and uploaded it from my PC and it was up in 10 minutes or less. Wii U's uploader is so shitty.
Anyway, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJQwyQ3qMg

DooD1234

Well, here it is.
Like I said, I wanted to upload it to youtube but it was taking forever so I decided to make a quick gif.

Long story short, I was second, I threw a bomb, it hit Merrick, I was "hell yeah first is mine" then Exentryk appeared out of nowhere and stole my first, I got second (as intended since the beginning) and Merrick got robbed getting 3rd lol

ibxcSCuq0U9hSU.gif

Edit: I actually went ahead and uploaded it from my PC and it was up in 10 minutes or less. Wii U's uploader is so shitty.
Anyway, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRJQwyQ3qMg

Wow, that last second robbery. I feel bad for you Roo. How many of you guys still racing? I been playing other games so haven't been able to join you guys. I might hop on tomorrow. Also, VR still bad?

Roo

Wow, that last second robbery. I feel bad for you Roo. How many of you guys still racing? I been playing other games so haven't been able to join you guys. I might hop on tomorrow. Also, VR still bad?

Last night it was only Enforced, Burning Justice, a random guy and myself.
I joined really late, we only played around 1 and a half hour and then I left. It was full two nights ago tho so people will come and go now that the new DLC excitement died down a little.

Just got 9th out of 12 and still got 7VR points. Is that cause I have so few points or because everyone in my group is 3.5k+ and I'm 2k?

Just got 9th out of 12 and still got 7VR points. Is that cause I have so few points or because everyone in my group is 3.5k+ and I'm 2k?
It would be because you have lower points than the rest of the group, yes.

Meanwhile, playing with people with a notably lower VR than you apparently puts in you a high risk low reward type of scenario.

It would be because you have lower points than the rest of the group, yes.

Meanwhile, playing with people with a notably lower VR than you apparently puts in you a high risk low reward type of scenario.

Ahh, thanks for the response. Hell yeah! I am working these guys and gals and getting so many points

DaBoss

Imagine when the netcode becomes good and all of those false hits become real hits. It will be hell, but I don't care, screw false hits.

After that Extra Credits video convinced me that being in first place is actually boring and not fun at all, me and people I talk about this game with have started calling the Blue Shell the "fun".

"Look at how far ahead _____ is. Someone send that man some fun"
"Get out of the way! Here comes fun!"
"Damn you fun! You're horrible!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom