• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I'm out. This muggy heat at my house is just making playing Frantic all the more annoying and frustrating today. Feeling shitty all around.

Exentryk

Only a matter of time before hacks make it to online?

aaqdt.gif

Uo3mydy.gif

Exentryk

As long as it stay away from online I guess. But since I only plan to stick around in GAF or other friend tourneys, it shouldn't matter much.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Been busy in the past few days, so I haven't been on much. I'm free now, but it looks like no one's on.

Oh well. I'll play some tomorrow for sure.

Roo

Is GAF kart dead? Checked and nobody was playing in frantic or standard.

Contemplating selling the game now :(

A little premature thing to say don't you think? EVO consumed all weekend and monday is probably the worst day to play any game considering it's the start of workweek.
Just like Burning Justice, I've been busy lately with some freelance work and doing social life but I'll probably play all day tomorrow.

Dr Prob

Banned
Same kind of thing happened with MK7. Community rooms were super busy for a while, then only at specific times then finally I think people were only playing in there like once a week. Happens with all the big releases here, really. The world of GAF moves quickly!

Going to have to rejigger the FL, get some more people on there who play worldwides. Have a few who are always in full rooms, but hammering on the button until a spot opens up is less than ideal, and just randomly going into rooms is a crapshoot.

Same kind of thing happened with MK7. Community rooms were super busy for a while, then only at specific times then finally I think people were only playing in there like once a week. Happens with all the big releases here, really. The world of GAF moves quickly!

Going to have to rejigger the FL, get some more people on there who play worldwides. Have a few who are always in full rooms, but hammering on the button until a spot opens up is less than ideal, and just randomly going into rooms is a crapshoot.
What killed MK7 was the same thing that's killing MK8... the move to Community. Barely anyone checks this board so it just becomes an "out of sight, out of mind" situation where GAF forgets about the game.

A bunch of us met up in WW last night (before we started getting comm errors) since the GAF lobbies were dead.

The quality of the Mt. Wario webm is beautiful moolamb :D

MK8 GAFcc had a good run

remember that first week when you had to choose 2-3 different rooms cuz so many people were on

ahh the good ol days

Roo

Too bad for new players that don't have many GAF friends.. Their chances to get in a room with the rest of us are even lower.

Big happenings on the MK8R page! Dude has solved the riddle of the second log (1:10)!

Like the Einstein of jumping off logs.

I've been taking that route for a while but I don't hit it as consistently now that I'm using bike. It's actually safer on bike to slide down in between the trees so you don't accidentally drift into that wall.

The part that surprised me is that it looked like he cut that first shortcut down by just catching the topmost edge of that mini-ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom