• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like the only person who like the new Rainbow Road. Or at least doesn't hate it.

And I jumped in a worldwide room and am off to a bad start. Got double teamed by a pair of metal Marios.
I like new rainbow road, but can barely stay on it with a bike - first and final turns are brutal. I also have issues with the gravity section on shy guy falls with the 180 degree turn on the wooden portion of the track. Other than that, I wouldn't trade the sport bike for anything.

I like new rainbow road, but can barely stay on it with a bike - first and final turns are brutal. I also have issues with the gravity section on shy guy falls with the 180 degree turn on the wooden portion of the track. Other than that, I wouldn't trade the sport bike for anything.

Ha, this was me about 2 weeks ago :)

Don't worry, you'll be taking those turns like a pro before you know it. I'll pass along the advice I got for the final turn of RR as well. Start on the outside edge of the turn and then cut in sharply so you avoid touching any of the speed pads. That will still take you a little wide but you'll make it safely through every time. Some of the extra handling combo characters make it much easier to navigate too if you're willing to sacrifice speed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I actually started taking the speed pads on RR on my bike. Take it right and you can hug the inside of them for the shortest route while gaining the boosts from them.

Take it wrong and enjoy paying Lakitu his 3 coin fee. But I think I have only messed it up once, and it was because I got hit in the middle of it and lost my drift.

First couple turns before the gliding part aren't any harder on a bike than a kart honestly (I guess - I can't drive karts!), you just have to know when to turn, and when to let go of your drift. I only ever fall off there if I get an unwanted boost.

Skyzard

Banned

It was worth a shot...

I'll jump on since it's not just you sify, you hurt me too much last time

also, side-note - I have so many wiiU games now! just been buying and forgetting about them! Basically just missing wonderful 101, might try and finish pikmin 3 first. Late night amazon shopping...might have to give myself a buying curfew (got worried today in subway when my card failed first attempt :p)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Playing against people better than you using shortcuts and tricks you don't know is only a good thing. That's how you learn! See it, then try it yourself until you can do it too.

Skyzard

Banned
Skyzard, you mother****** ...

mwhaha don't forget the first match red shell finish line too :D

Haha, yh. i was targeting you a lot last time. Can't resist the road rage lol

Ok, I feel like we are square now on mount wario or what the last map (snow) was called.

arggh

Playing against people better than you using shortcuts and tricks you don't know is only a good thing. That's how you learn! See it, then try it yourself until you can do it too.

It's true, I've picked up a few.

Got to grab some food quick after this one but will be back for more tonight.

well played sify, in a bit

Revven

Well, EVO is over and so now I guess I will be on for some racing later tonight (if anyone will be racing around then lol).

Albo

I should stop looking back because people just end throwing peels right in front of me D:<

edit: that was close kak, I was biting my nails looking back at how fast you were appraoching hoping you wouldn't beat me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom