• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

Roo

Btw Coaster, you definitely should give inside drift bikes a try.
You did great tonight and were almost there in many races but ultimately you were held back by your combo (at least in these specific races)

Trust me, once you see the light, you won't look back.

I actually appreciate small rooms like this one.
It helps to see who has potential from a "racing" pov and who is only here to troll and item rape the rest of us.

I've also noticed Bahamut and Kevin are really good players but can't shine with all the shit happening in our full frantic rooms lol

Enforced

The reason why coaster did good because I didn't play with you guys later at night. :p

And yeah Bahamut did good. Heath and him screwed me over a lot. >.<

Roo

The reason why coaster did good because I didn't play with you guys later at night. :p

And yeah Bahamut did good. Heath and him screwed me over a lot. >.<
All of us do better when you're not around :x

You always get the worst items at the worst possible time making you fall under the second category :3 <3

Btw Coaster, you definitely should give inside drift bikes a try.
You did great tonight and were almost there in many races but ultimately you were held back by your combo (at least in these specific races)

Trust me, once you see the light, you won't look back.

I actually like Zelda bike but it's an inside drift bike. I fucked up so much since I'm so used with outside drifting with karts. I'll give it a try again next time you guys play.

Enforced pls. I did manage to brake and horn Roo to keep your presence in the room :p.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
All of us do better when you're not around :x

You always get the worst items at the worst possible time making you fall under the second category :3 <3

Yeah, I agreed. He hurt himself so much when he played it too personal as you could notice it sometime! :p

It's like he want to get his precious revenges for people who wronged him. :p

Zelda Bike lacks accel compared to the others but you can give it a shot.

As for inside drifter, I get more high places but also more low places whereas with a kart I tend to place around the same spots every time but rarely get high or low positions.

Also Enforced if you could stop throwing your crap backwards at me when somebody's right in front of you then that would be great.

Roo

Yeah, I agreed. He hurt himself so much when he played it too personal as you could notice it sometime! :p

It's like he want to get his precious revenges for people who wronged him. :p
I know right? Like.. If you're one of his "personal" targets and you're behind him, you can bet your ass he will throw his items backwards just to hit you, even if there are 5 defenseless people in front of him.

I know right? Like.. If you're one of his "personal" targets and you're behind him, you can bet your ass he will throw his items backwards just to hit you, even if there are 5 defenseless people in front of him.
He did that many times to me last night even when you were right in front of him. So it could be worse. :X

ffdgh

...Almost every single one of you does this crap at the finish line. >_>

Roo

...Almost every single one of you does this crap at the finish line. >_>
Here's the thing, I do that mostly at the finish line when I'm in the safe zone.
Enforced however does it at every turn, every straight path, every lap, every course if you're on his list.

If it were up to him, blue shells would be a nice addition to his torture collection.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Tu5tKnk.gif

He did that many times to me last night even when you were right in front of him. So it could be worse. :X

HAHAHA!! It was strange when enforced bumped into me when I had triple green shells. It's his fault, not mine but he decided to take it personal and trying to screw me as possible as he could in that track.There is few times where he had triple red shells when there are few defenseless players front of him. Do you know what he did? He tried to threw those shells backward at me instead of those defenseless players. Poor Us :x

Zelda Bike lacks accel compared to the others but you can give it a shot.

As for inside drifter, I get more high places but also more low places whereas with a kart I tend to place around the same spots every time but rarely get high or low positions.

Hmm alright look like I will be experimenting during next session. Guys, I wonder if you could share your combo stats? So I can try to find a combo close to those stats? I know that it could be different between everyone, but at least it could give me a general idea what to look for. Thanks and much appreciated.

ffdgh

Hmm alright look like I will be experimenting during next session. Guys, I wonder if you could share your combo stats? So I can try to find a combo close to those stats? I know that it could be different between everyone, but at least it could give me a general idea what to look for. Thanks and much appreciated.

http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5196/mk8stats.html
Go nuts

Generally I go for atlease 4 acceleration and decent handling

Just use Link/non-Zelda Bike/Leaf Tires/whatever glider puts you at 4 accel precisely

I know you like Zelda Bike but you can't get that 4 accel + excellent speed which is part of the reason bikes are so good on many tracks in 200cc.

Roo

Sport Bike + Leaf Tires + Cloud Glider + Dry Bowser = 4 accel and speed. It takes a huge hit at traction tho iirc.

Sport Bike + Leaf Tires + Cloud Glider + Dry Bowser = 4 accel and speed. It takes a huge hit at traction tho iirc.
That's my preferred bike combo. The speed's really nice and helps a lot.

Except I'm probably switching to Morton because after I tried him a couple nights ago I liked how I could actually see shit.

Roo

Except I'm probably switching to Morton because after I tried him a couple nights ago I liked how I could actually see shit.

Yeah, that's basically the only issue I face while using Dry Bowser. He's too big to properly see what's in front of me, especially in tricky fast paced tracks like Cheese Land, Baby Park, DK Jungle and Yoshi Circuit where you have to worry about your driving as well.

Not that it happens every single time we play these tracks but hitting something I didn't see in time because of his size is quite common.

Exentryk

Yeah, that's the reason I use Morton over Bowser and Wario. I can actually see the track lol.

Coaster, if the heavy combo feels too stiff, you can try starting off with Cat Peach/SportBike/Standard/AccGlider. 3.25 speed, 4 accel, 4.5 handling and good traction. Once you get the hang of the inside drift, you can try for more speed and less handling.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Performance-wise, my preferred bike combo in all Normal rooms and Frantic rooms with lower numbers is Link/Comet/Crimson Slim/Hylian Kite. It only has 3 accel, but it's superior to or equal to that combo in pretty much every other way.

In Frantic rooms with high numbers, though, you really need the extra accel.

Yeah, that's the reason I use Morton over Bowser and Wario. I can actually see the track lol.

Yeah, I've tried using my Mii a couple of times because of this, but it just wasn't worth it for me. Bowser is my favorite Mario character, and I just...do...not...like any of the super-heavy characters other than Bowser.

Performance-wise, my preferred bike combo in all Normal rooms and Frantic rooms with lower numbers is Link/Comet/Crimson Slim/Hylian Kite. It only has 3 accel, but it's superior to or equal to that combo in pretty much every other way.

In Frantic rooms with high numbers, though, you pretty much need the extra accel.
If Enforced is in the room I need all the accel I can get. This is non-negotiable.

Roo

My other favorite heavy character is Extra Juicy Purple Mario. I used to play with him back when WW were actually fun and GOAT Skinny Bowser wasn't available.

Can't stand Duhrton's retarded voice and vanilla Bowser is not really my cup of tea so it's either DB or go all the way down to medium weight and use Green Mario.

Edit: wish King Boo were in this game :/

I think both Wario and DK are way worse designs than just about every other Mario character.

Just sayin'. What? I hate both monkeys/apes and farty people with annoying voices.

ffdgh

Let's just give ever non heavy a metal clone and call it a day. BALANCE!

Out of the options for super heavies barring Mii, wario is my main choice.

Roo

Let's just give ever non heavy a metal clone and call it a day. BALANCE.
Can't wait for Baby Pink Gold Peach to rise.
The statue in Baby Park must mean something.

Seriously though, the fact that they had the balls to "acknowledge" a baby metal version is cringe worthy lol

Gattuso

unfortunately I didn't, so that would only leave me with the last 6 races i'm able to record. (not counting dolphin shoals since it didn't get saved at all)

Top Bottom