• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

ffdgh

Can't wait for Baby Pink Gold Peach to rise.
The statue in Baby Park must mean something.

Seriously though, the fact that they had the balls to "acknowledge" a baby metal version is cringe worthy lol
I patiently await the day to play as a lightweight sized medium weight...or if the balance is even worse, heavy weight lol.
Gold Rosalina please.
I'd prefer cosmic guide as an alt clone personally. Perfect excuse to give rosalina her echo back.

Roo

^^^ don't give them ideas >.>

unfortunately I didn't, so that would only leave me with the last 6 races i'm able to record. (not counting dolphin shoals since it didn't get saved at all)
Oh I see. Shame, had fun last night and wanted to see your pov.
Oh well :p

Enforced

oh hey you're catching up! just a little more to go :D

icxozPYibxvD1.jpg
Wow. I'll probably reach to 1000 hours sometime next year.

This is so awesome... it's one of those times when I wish I live in a big city.

Clicky
oh man. I want to do that.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
So, CTGP-R. We should do it sometime. None of us would have any idea what the fuck we're doing. It would be fucking hilarious.

Wouldn't mind trying it sometime, just for the novelty.

I tried it out once offline about a month before MK8 released, but I don't think I played even half of the tracks in it. Of the ones I did play, the majority were absolute shit compared to the official tracks, but I recall there being a few gems in there.

EDIT: Of course, that would require me getting used to MKWii again... I was an inside-drift main in MKWii as well, but I tried going back to it once a few months ago and I could not play for shit. Inside drift is so different in MKWii than it is in MK8.

Nobody knowing how to drive for shit would be part of the hilarity of course, as would be ranting about the more lackluster courses in the pack. :p

The more for CTGP the merrier.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YQOl6jXikgI
(There we go)
From last night game. I don't what happened at the end. The triple green shells failed me.
Your green shells failed you that race because the only reason you had passed me to begin with was because your green shell was just one pixel away from colliding with my own green shell. So you basically got a miracle shot in by pure dumb luck. So of course your green shells betrayed you like that; you deserved it.

Karma, bitch. :3

So we're at (hopefully) 4 for CTGP-R so far then. Excellent! I did check out CTGP-R for like half an hour last night. The quality of tracks ranges from "This is awesome!" to "I CAN'T SEE WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?" Perfect.

Also right now I'm on 8 and learning to bike by just drilling every course in 200cc Single VS until I can do them smoothly. :X

Roo

Sound fun. I just need to find extra time within graduate school to set things up. But count me in if you can get a room going.
Same. The good news: I plugged my Wii yesterday and it still works flawlessly (dat lil bastard)

The bad news: seems like it's factory reset tho, guess after the Pikmin transfer I deleted what was left on it and I no longer have the SD card used for homebrew (yes outdated as fuck) so I need to get a new one and download everything again.

Using a bad combo involving the boat, and without trying at all, I have been unable to get lower than 4th and that was in a full room and involved me falling off like 3 times.

In 8 I would have had at least a couple races where I just got hit by items for 2.5 straight minutes.

Fake Edit: Just got 6th on Toad Circuit. Would've been 7th but I had a clutch green shell hit at the very end on someone in red monster wheels that hadn't been able to accelerate yet. :3

Done for now, that was fun.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Just downloaded the latest version of CTGP-R, and tried out a few tracks. The tracks are... not nearly as bad as I remember. I guess they got rid of a lot of the shitty ones in the past year and a half?

Also, just found out you have to wait a week for your Wiimmfi account to be activated now. Shit.

Roo

Just downloaded the latest version of CTGP-R, and tried out a few tracks. The tracks are... not nearly as bad as I remember. I guess they got rid of a lot of the shitty ones in the past year and a half?

Also, just found out you have to wait a week for your Wiimmfi account to be activated now. Shit.
MrBean did a massive clean up of tracks a few months ago. He also replaced a lot of "beta" track for the final versions and added the anti-cheat code and an easier way to arrange tracks.

Bean and his brother seem to be more strict about the quality of tracks so that's probably why there are less shitty courses now.

How does getting Wiim-fi to work go again? I forgot and still have to do that.

And yeah, they added more tracks and were at the limit so they had to get rid of some tracks. And, well, naturally they got rid of the shittiest ones.

EDIT: Oh okay, you just try to connect and then in a week you'll be good to go. Fucking hackers making this a thing. :X

Everyone who's interested in CTGP-R, try to get things going sometime this week so you'll be ready next weekend.

Roo

Can't take the leaf shortcut in Cloudtop Cruise for shit ;_;
I tried using Luigi since he has better handling.. Nope
I tried Toad since he has even better handling.. Nope
;_;

Exentryk

Can't take the leaf shortcut in Cloudtop Cruise for shit ;_;
I tried using Luigi since he has better handling.. Nope
I tried Toad since he has even better handling.. Nope
;_;

Try to stay to the right side when you're on the shortcut. Initiate a small drift as you enter the shortcut, but be careful to not slide off to the left and fall. Landing early from the glider helps to line up properly.

Roo

Try to stay to the right side when you're on the shortcut. Initiate a small drift as you enter the shortcut, but be careful to not slide off to the left and fall. Landing early from the glider helps to line up properly.

Haven't tried to land early. I usually land where the beanstalk begins/? Block ends.
Will give it a try tomorrow, thanks.
Roo is struggling?

does that mean I can get more 1st place than roo?
Yeah, Enforced you can get more 1st places than me
JzjfdZQ.gif
JzjfdZQ.gif

JCX

Wild Woods has such pleasant music, don't even like the stage much, but I Play it just to listen. Disarmingly pleasant.

I would like Wild Woods a lot more if that ending part didn't exist. I wouldn't be surprised if that bridge near the end was called "Salty Bridge" because so much fucking bullshit happens there in 200cc.

Roo

So I tried this a couple hours ago with my two mains and it actually worked. I only fell twice and it was because I was not paying enough attention and gave the jumps for granted.

There's also a blurry shadow from one of the beanstalk ornaments that I use as a reference to start my drift and line up to take the shortcut. Thanks Exentryk. You were really helpful :D

Exentryk

So I tried this a couple hours ago with my two mains and it actually worked. I only fell twice and it was because I was not paying enough attention and gave the jumps for granted.

There's also a blurry shadow from one of the beanstalk ornaments that I use as a reference to start my drift and line up to take the shortcut. Thanks Exentryk. You were really helpful :D

Glad it helped :D

Top Bottom