• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

Roo

Some of these tracks are so perfectly laid out for outward drift... wow. But I'm still flying in to walls in most tracks haha.

I'm around, but not sure if anyone else would join at this hour?
Yeah, guess I should wait. Weekend is around the corner anyway.

Also, yeah. Outside drifting is damn easy in this game. NBC and DD are a breeze with a kart/outside drift bike.

Wish there were a combo with the same stats as our current one.

They should give inside drifters Wii-like handling just because it would be hilarious.

It would break the game, but it would crack everybody up.

Some of these tracks are so perfectly laid out for outward drift... wow. But I'm still flying in to walls in most tracks haha.

I'm around, but not sure if anyone else would join at this hour?

I drift outside, even though I tried inside drifting, I screwed so much with inside drifting, it took me a while to practice, but now I hit the wall about 1% of the time with outside, mostly from bumping into other players (I'm looking at you Enforced and Heath!)

Enforced

I missed Nintendo direct on live. I was too busy. >.<
Saw some threads about the news about it though.
Zelda twilight princess HD
raw

Can't wait to play it again in HD. Funny back in September, I asked my cousin if I can borrow his copy of the wii version. But the disc isn't working. Too many scratches. I don't know what happened to mine. I think I left it at Mexico. Curious what other changes in this game other than textures. I hope they will remove auto-shield.

Dat zelda wii u
lhjhbB9.gif

I NEED IT!

As for Splatoon. I need to get back to it. :p

Cloud confirmed for smash
1323.gif

That was surprise and unexpected. Cool to see cloud going to smash bros. Curious what exentryk's thoughts about this. I know you're huge fan of final fantasy. The final fantasy stage look awesome btw. :D

Linkle confirmed for hyrule warriors
Cool that we get to play as female link. I'm waiting for the complete edition for wii u though. I don't want to buy 2 versions.

As for Mario kart DLC
rv0ZTBj.gif

Sorry if that is not allowed but I feel like this thread is my home. :p
Also let me know if the gif is too much for you guys and I'll remove it.

Roo

TPHD was my only disappointment.
It's not like I was expecting anything revolutionary from it but a mere texture upgrade is definitely nothing to be excited about imo. Maybe because Dolphin exists and I already know how it'll look in HD, idk.

Not a big fan of yet another sword character in Smash but all the criticism and hostility towards Cloud and his "right" to be in the game is beyond idiotic.

Other than that, the Direct was ok/average so I have nothing else to say about it.

Edit: oh yeah, a small part of me was actually expecting more DLC for Mario Kart but only characters this time, no tracks.
I envisioned a trailer with Birdo, King Boo, Diddy and Dry Bones driving in Royal Raceway, Twisted Mansion and Big Blue lol

Dat zelda wii u

I NEED IT!

I know, right? That graphic is so gorgeous, when they said 2016, they mean Dec 2016, you watch.

As for Splatoon. I need to get back to it. :p

I was hyped about new maps, that I played for a couple of hours with SplatGAF just now via Discord, let me know if you would like to join Discord SplatGAF chatroom sometime.

That was unexpected. Cool to see cloud going to smash bros. Curious what exentryk's thoughts about this. I know you're huge fan of final fantasy.

I don't play FF but I have heard of the character, looking forward to try him out!

As for Mario kart DLC

Oh well, :-/

Enforced

TPHD was my only disappointment.
It's not like I was expecting anything revolutionary from it but a mere texture upgrade is definitely nothing to be excited about imo. Maybe because Dolphin exists and I already know how it'll look in HD, idk.

Not a big fan of yet another sword character in Smash but all the criticism and hostility towards Cloud and his "right" to be in the game is beyond idiotic.

Other than that, the Direct was ok/average so I have nothing else to say about it.

Probably you got used to see the games on dolphin. :p

Roo

Probably you got used to see the games on dolphin. :p

Well, yeah, that's what I'm getting at.
I was expecting at least a similar treatmeant to Wind Waker with new shaders and improved lighting.. not just upgraded textures.
Nothing fancy but enough to make it pretty and to justify its price and development time. Especially since Tantalus had (will have) over a year to work on it as opposed to WW which was 6 months in development.

Cool for those who will experience the game in HD for first time tho.

Enforced

Will do coaster. If I have time tomorrow. I'll try to be available to play splatoon before 9pm. At 9pm, ill be playing MK8.
also I really want to go to Nintendo world store at New York just for zelda launch.

I edit my mii btw. You guys will find out tomorrow. :p

Enforced

Because I wasn't playing :p

Just got back home from a weekend in NYC, it was a blast. Nintendo World is a heaven... seriously, I stayed there for almost a hour one time, went back 2 more times next day. :-X
So jealous. I want to go there. D:
Are you going to line up for zelda U there? I really want to that next year.

So jealous. I want to go there. D:
Are you going to line up for zelda U there? I really want to that next year.

Nah, I live in Western New York, I was visiting NYC as part of graduate school field trip.

A visit to Nintendo World is a must do for everyone here though. Hope you can go next year!

Exentryk

After that crushing defeat at the hands of Enforced, I don't think if I'll be able to play this weekend.
Going to be out of town, so can't play this weekend :(

I have never really played a Mario Kart game before, but I just picked up a Wii U and MK8.

I'm 19 years late to the party on this, but the Blue Shell is quite possibly the worst game mechanic ever invented.

Roo

After that crushing defeat at the hands of Enforced, I don't think if I'll be able to play this weekend.
Going to be out of town, so can't play this weekend :(

Yeah, #banenforced!
But seriously, we'll miss you this weekend.
Have fun tho :D

I have never really played a Mario Kart game before, but I just picked up a Wii U and MK8.

I'm 19 years late to the party on this, but the Blue Shell is quite possibly the worst game mechanic ever invented.
No.
Blue shells are a necessary evil.

Welcome to KartGAF! Hope you can play with us this weekend. :)

We apologize in advance.

ffdgh

The funny thing is that this is the least obnoxious blue shell in years. The earlier ones are much...much worse and more common.

It's a pain but a necessary evil at times.

First place am cry!
It's all fun and games until 2nd gets triple reds while 1st gets a coin.

Oh but then 3rd gets a Bullet Bill while 4th gets a Lightning so it's all a wash. Afterward, 12th gets a single green shell while everyone ahead of them gets golden shrooms and bullet bills.
Happened to me once fuck this game.

Durden77

Does anyone know what ports this game uses? Haven't been finding too many matches that are full so I'm thinking I need to open them.

Roo

Does anyone know what ports this game uses? Haven't been finding too many matches that are full so I'm thinking I need to open them.

TCP: 80, 443, 6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920 UDP: (Range) 1-65535

These are actually used by the entire (Nintendo) Network so they work for all first party titles, not just Mario Kart 8.

As always, I strongly suggest to add the Wii U to your router's DMZ, enter your internet settings manually and/or set your NAT to Open.

Top Bottom