• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

Gattuso

...Let me take a moment to apologize for any bitching I have made towards my shitty luck. I respect your patience.

i'm used to my luck being really bad in general with anything, including life so it never really gets to me haha. like today for example: I was supposed to go to work today and meet my driver at the usual spot since i'm a driver helper at ups. it was also pay day so he had my check waiting for me. well our truck at home decided that it wanted to stay locked in park. shifting gears to reverse, neutral, drive, etc didn't do anything as the car refused to move. as an added bonus to everything we tried to get it to work, the parking brake handle broke off completely in the process!

Roo

i'm used to my luck being really bad in general with anything, including life so it never really gets to me haha. like today for example: I was supposed to go to work today and meet my driver at the usual spot since i'm a driver helper at ups. it was also pay day so he had my check waiting for me. well our truck at home decided that it wanted to stay locked in park. shifting gears to reverse, neutral, drive, etc didn't do anything as the car refused to move. as an added bonus to everything we tried to get it to work, the parking brake handle broke off completely in the process!

you remind me of that guy from that Lindsay Lohan movie "Just My Luck"

>.>

Holy shit, I forgot about that race xD

Green shells: Perfectly straight road and fences? F that! let me bounce in a physically impossible angle to hit that ffdgh guy, he doesn't mind!

Wish I could've saved that race >.>
That's basically the game's lag compensation.

This game's lag compensation might be more fucking stupid than Splatoon's, and *that* game has some silly things.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Lets see...Goodbye anyone who's not Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Toad, Yoshi, Bowser, Rosalina, DK, Wario, Waluigi, Koopa, Toatette, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach.....Dry Bowser lol.

Hell Naw!

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. WarioWare's Wario
7. Captain Falcon
8. Star Fox's Fox
9. Samus
10. Link
11. Zelda
12. Ganondorf
13. Pikmin & Olimar
14. Villager
15. Isabella
16. R.O.B.
17. Pit
18. Marth
19. Ike or Robin
20. Kirby
21. King Dedede
22. Duck Hunt
23. Ness
24. Shulk or Riki
25. Donkey Kong
26. Cranky Kong or Diddy Kong
27. Little Mac
28. Takamaru
29. Pikachu
30. Charizard

Extra Button for Mii (like MKW)

Third Party Characters (if it happens)

1. Sonic
2. PAC-MAN
3. Mega Man

I already have some good idea for some tracks.

ffdgh

Hell Naw!

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. WarioWare's Wario
7. Captain Falcon
8. Star Fox's Fox
9. Samus
10. Link
11. Zelda
12. Ganondorf
13. Pikmin & Olimar
14. Villager
15. Isabella
16. R.O.B.
17. Pit
18. Marth
19. Ike or Robin
20. Kirby
21. King Dedede
22. Duck Hunt
23. Ness
24. Shulk or Riki
25. Donkey Kong
26. Cranky Kong or Diddy Kong
27. Little Mac
28. Takamaru
29. Pikachu
30. Charizard

Extra Button for Mii (like MKW)

Third Party Characters (if it happens)

1. Sonic
2. PAC-MAN
3. Mega Man

I already have some good idea for some tracks.

No no I meant those characters I stated would be almost guaranteed to be in a nintendo kart game for the mario reps...and I'm having a hard time imagining charizard and pikachu driving a bike lol.

Also you left out Rosalina.

Whatever it is, watching ffdgh getting hit in such a ridiculous way sure was fun lol

You say fun
I say impossibly asinine. >_>
http-makeagif.com-media-6-11-2014-nhY5Tk.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
No no I meant those characters I stated would be almost guaranteed to be in a nintendo kart game for the mario reps...and I'm having a hard time imagining charizard and pikachu driving a bike lol.

Also you left out Rosalina.

Rosalina is high likely. I would says Rosalina and Mii could replace Pikachu and Charizard since Game Freak is more likely to not allowing the team to include pokemon characters.

Roo

I obviously can't remember the exact thing but it went something like this:

VYR2N0g.png

and the worst part is that it not only happened once, but twice in the same race in the exact same spot lol

ffdgh

I obviously can't remember the exact thing but it went something like this:

VYR2N0g.png

and the worst part is that it not only happened once, but twice in the same race in the exact same spot lol

Nah it wasn't that crazy but it's just as stupid. The shell literally came right back at me in the same direction I threw it...in the same spot twice somehow...fucking tires

gk2NHKt.png

Roo

Nah it wasn't that crazy but it's just as stupid. The shell literally came right back at me in the same direction I threw it...in the same spot twice somehow...fucking tires

gk2NHKt.png
I vaguely remember you being on the left side of the track, right after the last turn.
Oh well, no one can deny green shells are something else in this game :p

Oh, it was that then? I think some of these courses' "straight" edges aren't actually straight in order to encourage ricocheting.

Alternatively you consistently hit those gaps in the sides in a weird way. Those are dumb and I have no idea what that course has those.

So... that was an interesting session tonight, my friends. Here is my top highlight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arlxbRLhqV4

I... I... got FIRST in Grumble with a full KartGAF room! ME! Thanks to that blue! :-D

Also this GIF made me hate you guys even more

e9bq85.gif

And... EMBRACE THIS!

cti8os.gif

Lastly, but not least, my full recorded session can be found here:

http://www.twitch.tv/coasterfreak225/v/34372993

Just be aware that the video may get removed within 2 weeks.

Enjoy!

Edit: Oh and you guys should try MK7... it's legit. Thanks, Nathan!

Roo

I think I figured out what was wrong with my capture device. Not that I expect many people to watch, but since everyone else is doing it, I'll go ahead and post last night's races from my perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dCzM-_JgUc

EDIT:

"Highlight" of the night:

dammit4twow8.gif

I just watched that race.. How the hell did that even happen?
You didn't even reach first place when it locked on you.
Merrick and the other dude were still racing when it hit you.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
oooh I want to get in on the action! :O Mario Kart 8, that is :3

I can play, but not until Monday night, unfortunately ;(

add me though!

NNID: MegaBubble

Top Bottom