• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Strikers Charged World GAF Cup

Koren

Dash Kappei said:
I didn't see this, sorry for your loss :(
Thanks (and also to Maxmars). You see, you have a good reason to accept my offer. As I said before, I'm going to my parents' house, and I probably won't be able to play wii till next thursday (maybe monday evening, not even sure). Other players will probably prefer actually playing someone rather gaining a victory for a missing opponent.

I can still play you outside of the tournament, and I'll join for the next one. So please accept ;)

Good luck to all ;)

Haunted

My condolences, Koren. Looking forward to see you in the next Cup.

So, it's because of unfortunate circumstances, but welcome to the Cup, Dash! I was thinking we needed some football enthusiasm to heat up Group A! :)
I've already added you to my friends list. have fun and good luck!

Thanks for the games, maxmars. Hosting worked perfectly, the games went 99% lag-free on my side. And I sent you a PM apologising for that last goal. >_< :lol

fresquito

My condolences as well.

On a brighters note, tomorrow I will try to set up the matches with my rivals. The first match against Drake, that's a start! :lol

maxmars

Hope that you people have been practicing hosting, I've got Tanasten request, thanks for the match by the way, and hosted a couple of times with haunted, that I mistook for another gaffer (sorry).. From now on let's start playing the tournament!

Tomorrow I will update group a with Dash details.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
maxmars said:
Hope that you people have been practicing hosting, I've got Tanasten request, thanks for the match by the way, and hosted a couple of times with haunted, that I mistook for another gaffer (sorry).. From now on let's start playing the tournament!

Tomorrow I will update group a with Dash details.

Damn, the forum has been giving me 505 errors all day long!
Hopefully they'll sort it out, anyway I wanted to teel you that my
Mii name is DashK GAF (I've updated it so it is easier to spot me as a NEOGAFfer).
Obviously same code as before.

Ah, dunno if we'll need it, but my Skype name is dam.rock country Italy (even for chat pre and post game, 'cause I'm not sure my headset still work... maybe I'll buy a new one)

nli10

I have free time again!!

Added Y'all and will arrange to find you online.

Seeing as my first listed opponent (Tanasten) is in today's top 10 and I have 2 whole points it's going to be fun!

Haunted

nli10 said:
I have free time again!!

Added Y'all and will arrange to find you online.

Seeing as my first listed opponent (Tanasten) is in today's top 10 and I have 2 whole points it's going to be fun!
:lol

I'm not in the Top 10, so I'll play you now, if you have some time. ;)

Just got beaten soundly by Drake - I've made it much too easy for him to score. >_<

Drake - you were the home team, you have the honours of officially pronouncing the results . :p

edit: you've even beat me to the post. :lol

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:
My condolences, Koren. Looking forward to see you in the next Cup.

So, it's because of unfortunate circumstances, but welcome to the Cup, Dash! I was thinking we needed some football enthusiasm to heat up Group A! :)
I've already added you to my friends list. have fun and good luck!

Thanks!
I'll add everyone in the thread tonight.
Also, it'll be fun if we stated wich team do we root for in real life (or even simpathize), for me (as if it wasn't obvious) it's F.C. Internazionale (InterMilan for you non italian I guess... god we hate this name!) and... ehmmm, ITALY (woot!) :)

materazzi2.jpg

Don't hate me just 'cause I am a world champ, :D
since I'll loose every match in this tournament, :lol
I'm really crappy at the game but just let's have some fun! :)

maxmars

Sorry I can't update the list right now, but please Group A acknowledge that Dash plays in place of Koren for this tournament and be known that the following matches for this week:

Kkg1701 - Koren
Kawaii - Koren

Will now be:

Kkg1701 - Dash Kappei
Kawaii - Dash Kappei

Data for Dash is as follows:

GAF: Dash Kappei
Mii nickname:
Dash Italy
378058 368821

Cap Luigi
Vice Cap Yoshi

Toad
Toad
Mole
Bones
Boo

maxmars

Yeah one thing I wanted to add is that this tourney is all about getting to play with each other. Some of you are very good and certainly deserve the tag you will earn, but for most of us this should be the excuse to share something about our hobby.

If you want this first happening to succeed, add each other's FC and start playing regardless of your weekly matches! :D

Dash Kappei

Yesterday I was playing fine, but now... ARRRGH! It's one ****ing hour that as soon as I enter the search for opponents in ranked matches I get dsconneted with data errors... Nintendo really need to sort this out..

Argh, Maxmars, now i got confused with your "3-3-3 it´s easy to remember"-comment :p
Nil10, if you absolutely want to replay the match, i´ll invite you, but i beat you in all of those 3 rounds ^^ Sorry for my little mistake.

nli10

MasterMFauli said:
Argh, Maxmars, now i got confused with your "3-3-3 it´s easy to remember"-comment :p
Nil10, if you absolutely want to replay the match, i´ll invite you, but i beat you in all of those 3 rounds ^^ Sorry for my little mistake.

Nah - thats cool - you beat me fair & square :D I thought the extra match was a good idea - first three matches count for best of 3 - rest are post match friendly!! Was you getting terrible lag too though? It seemed to come in patches.

I think the score was 2-1 then 3-0 or similar wasn't it (not to me) - if not please change.

I played Haunted One (i think :lol ) afterwards and lost twice too - also it seems today I am earning the least shots on goal award. One match I only had 1! Who cares I'm having lots of fun.

Haunted

nli10 said:
I played Haunted One (i think :lol ) afterwards and lost twice too - also it seems today I am earning the least shots on goal award. One match I only had 1! Who cares I'm having lots of fun.
Yeah, that was me. :D Thanks for the games - as long as everyone has fun, it doesn't matter who wins. I totally laughed as you went upside down for that last mega-strike. :lol

nli10 said:
Nah - thats cool - you beat me fair & square :D I thought the extra match was a good idea - first three matches count for best of 3 - rest are post match friendly!! Was you getting terrible lag too though? It seemed to come in patches.

I think the score was 2-1 then 3-0 or similar wasn't it (not to me) - if not please change.

Ah, ok, that´s cool^^
And yeah, especailly the first round was very laggy. But right after the game my notebook went mad, so perhaps it was my fault :-/ Anyway, it was laggy for me as well, so that should be fine (just what isnt fine with my notebook XD)

Ok, yeah, first round 2:1, second round 3:0.

That should be "MasterMFauli: 2 (5) - nil10: 0 (1)" then, right, maxmars?

nli10

Haunted One said:
Yeah, that was me. :D Thanks for the games - as long as everyone has fun, it doesn't matter who wins. I totally laughed as you went upside down for that last mega-strike. :lol

Ever since I figured you could do that I've done them all that way. I like to think it puts people off and usually I still save them. I saved a full speed 4 upside down online to win the match earlier. :D

Only went offline as I'm eating pizza in a sec.

MasterMFauli said:
Ah, ok, that´s cool^^
And yeah, especailly the first round was very laggy. But right after the game my notebook went mad, so perhaps it was my fault :-/ Anyway, it was laggy for me as well, so that should be fine (just what isnt fine with my notebook XD)

Ok, yeah, first round 2:1, second round 3:0.

That should be "MasterMFauli: 2 (5) - nil10: 0 (1)" then, right, maxmars?

Yup - those are the scores. Hopefully I'll get practice in and score more than 1 goal per match :)

The lag worried me as I thought it was my fault at first -then my sister pointed out her cpu was off so it couldn't be us - then she proceded to tease me for loosing... :lol

Haunted

I've just played Kawaii - the results:

Haunted One 2 (16) - Kawaii 0 (2)

Thanks for the games, Roy! I had a really intense match before our game and I felt like I was still 'on fire' when we played.

I'm sorry for the cheap goal at the end of our friendly match. ^_^;

Kawaii

Haunted One said:
I've just played Kawaii - the results:

Haunted One 2 (16) - Kawaii 0 (2)

Thanks for the games, Roy! I had a really intense match before our game and I felt like I was still 'on fire' when we played.

I'm sorry for the cheap goal at the end of our friendly match. ^_^;

I confirm this score :)

No problem about the cheap goal,, i made one like that before you with my Toad :)

Congratz!

Dash Kappei

Kawaii said:
I confirm this score :)

No problem about the cheap goal,, i made one like that before you with my Toad :)

Congratz!

So, when it is ok to play for you?
Tomorrow 20:00GMT?

I'll send you a PM, maybe you didn't receive my other one :)

maxmars

Very good, keep the scores coming..

Oh and sorry haunted one, yesterday I was checking if I could play my tournament match and I had to decline your offer.

Maxmars, today is a little difficult.
Thursday is the last day, but is that ok for you?
Thursday evening, because im away till thursday mid day ^^

If it´s laggy then, well, then it has to be some special failure of our combined connection, as both of us seem to not to have problems when playing with others ;)

maxmars

MasterMFauli said:
Maxmars, today is a little difficult.
Thursday is the last day, but is that ok for you?
Thursday evening, because im away till thursday mid day ^^

If it´s laggy then, well, then it has to be some special failure of our combined connection, as both of us seem to not to have problems when playing with others ;)

Ah ok I wondered where you were, I hoped to see you yesterday night. Good to hear from you. :D

I will do my best to be online thursday at 23:00 German time. I am usually there at that time, every day.
By the way, even if we get 1 star I'd say let's try playing. I am curious to see how it turns out.

Haunted

maxmars said:
Very good, keep the scores coming..

Oh and sorry Haunted, yesterday I was checking if I could play my tournament match and I had to decline your offer.
I thought you were hating on me and never wanted to play again ;_;

j/k, I already figured the tourney (or another scheduled match) was the reason. :p

Man, now that I played my two matches for the week, I'm still itching to continue the Cup (can't wait for Thursday and the next matches). I guess some ranked gaming for training purposes is in order now.

maxmars

Haunted One said:
I thought you were hating on me and never wanted to play again ;_;

j/k, I already figured the tourney (or another scheduled match) was the reason. :p

Ahhh ok. :lol

Too bad you can't give an explanation when you refuse. Even canned ones would be good.

Kawaii

During our game? I had no lag at all.

Thanks for the nice game :) Also thanks for the friendly match afterwards, you really gave me a hard time then.

Score Darth kapei - Kawaii

(1) 0 - 2 (5)

(score)series won - series won (score)

Dash Kappei

So, I'll leave to my opponent the glory of writing down the scores:)

Congrats to Kawaii who's really really good!

I just wanna say a couple of things.

Bear in mind that Kawaii won FAIR and square and that he's definitely better than me at the game in any way possibile.

But ffs the first couple of games were unplayable and the others were sooo bad but at least I didn't have 10 frames per second animation with players skipping all over the filed!:lol
I even tried to let him invite me in the second match (despite me being at home) but was the same altogether... I had a 4 star connection btw.

It was so bad that in one match Kawaii scored three goals with a megastrike simply because I couldn't even move the controller that the 3 balls were already in :lol

Nintendo needs to sort this out, quickly cause it's ruining the enjoyment I get from the game (single player's boring imo), bad thing is that even if I don't get disconnected anymore the connection seems it got worse...

Dash Kappei

Kawaii said:
During our game? I had no lag at all.

Even when I hosted the game at first?

Anyway, important thing is that I had fun (even if with a little swearing on my side:lol ), I just hope it wasn't too easy for you... and even with no lag at all it's not like I'm much better than that ^__^

Congrats again! :)
And I had fun in the 2nd match (even if I think you went easy on me... c'mon admit it!:) :) )

Kawaii

Dash Kappei said:
So, I'll leave to my opponent the glory of writing down the scores:)

Congrats to Kawaii who's really really good!

I just wanna say a couple of things.

Bear in mind that Kawaii won FAIR and square and that he's definitely better than me at the game in any way possibile.

But ffs the first couple of games were unplayable and the others were sooo bad but at least I didn't have 10 frames per second animation with players skipping all over the filed!:lol
I even tried to let him invite me in the second match (despite me being at home) but was the same altogether... I had a 4 star connection btw.

It was so bad that in one match Kawaii scored three goals with a megastrike simply because I couldn't even move the controller that the 3 balls were already in :lol

Nintendo needs to sort this out, quickly cause it's ruining the enjoyment I get from the game (single player's boring imo), bad thing is that even if I don't get disconnected anymore the connection seems it got worse...

How was our second series? You did a lot better in the second series compared to the first.
I had no lag whatsoever.

Oh and sorry for scoring such a lame goal with my toad jumping over your goalie.

Dash Kappei

Kawaii said:
How was our second series? You did a lot better in the second series compared to the first.
I had no lag whatsoever.

Oh and sorry for scoring such a lame goal with my toad jumping over your goalie.

Yeah second series was better but also unacceptable in a game that relies on skills and reflexes... strangely in the second series the worst one was the match where I won (only one:lol ).

I was relived when I saw the toad's goal was an "accident" and that you didn't use cheap tactics :)

Dash Kappei

was playing Maxmars in a friendly match and it was SHIT, worse than with Kawaii.
We were 0 to 0 and I got disconnected... :-/
Is it just me at this point?
I mean, you guys are in Europe right? Not Australia or other PAL territories... so what is going on... they'll sort it out for the second tournament I hope.
I NEVER had nay lag in ranked matches with mt rankedMii... wtf!

Maxmars I'll try again if you're online...

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
was playing Maxmars in a friendly match and it was SHIT, worse than with Kawaii.
We were 0 to 0 and I got disconnected... :-/
Is it just me at this point?
I mean, you guys are in Europe right? Not Australia or other PAL territories... so what is going on... they'll sort it out for the second tournament I hope.
I NEVER had nay lag in ranked matches with mt rankedMii... wtf!

Maxmars I'll try again if you're online...
Man, sucks that it's so laggy sometimes for you. :(

We're all in Europe (when you're playing against maxmars, it's even national. :p), so that definitely can't be the reason.

Hopefully the next games will be lag-free. I like to win (or lose) because of a skill difference, and not because of technical difficulties. I hope the problems are sorted out when we play next week, Dash.

iirc, I had two really laggy series so far (out of the ~90 I played). One was with a two star connection and one was when I played with a guest together against two other guys online.

nli10

I just played Dash in a friendly :D - It was fairly close (compaerd to most of my matches :lol) but then he got a full speed mega strike with 6 balls... when Luigi was lying on the floor on my screen :lol

Oh well - thats online! Well played - you would have won that game anyway I suspect! No major lag though.

The game I played before that every time I got a decent position on the field the game lagged at about 4FPS and the other guy seemed to be able to take advantage of it. The one mega strike he got off the balls didn't even appear for a good couple of seconds. Have people found out how to make the connection drop when they are playing already :(

Tanaten - you don't seem to have added my friend code from the thread! We can't play if you don't :)

maxmars

Finally managed to play with Toma! For a few days we couldn't add each other but going online together did the trick it seems.

Anyway I lost 0(3)-2(5), both games very enjoyable, close enough to keep me under pressure for the whole time.
Good show of talent, Toma! Can't wait to play more friendly matches if we can manage to be online together!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would like to be added too xD

I am added by 4 people here now ._. (Tanasten added me not either ;), so you are not alone )

EDIT:
The persons who are shown in my list are:

Jaded Alyx
Fresquito
Basti
Maxmars

maxmars

Please everyone add everyone else.. This is so that we get to flesh out our fc list with good people .... Don't waste the opportunity !

Btw Toma, before I lost all of my concentration in the third match, I managed to pry away a victory from you .... I'm very proud of that. :lol

Dash Kappei

Toma said:
I would like to be added too xD

I am added by 4 people here now ._. (Tanasten added me not either ;), so you are not alone )

EDIT:
The persons who are shown in my list are:

Jaded Alyx
Fresquito
Basti
Maxmars

Hey, I've added you and you're in my list since days ago!

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:
Man, sucks that it's so laggy sometimes for you. :(

We're all in Europe (when you're playing against maxmars, it's even national. :p), so that definitely can't be the reason.

Hopefully the next games will be lag-free. I like to win (or lose) because of a skill difference, and not because of technical difficulties. I hope the problems are sorted out when we play next week, Dash.

iirc, I had two really laggy series so far (out of the ~90 I played). One was with a two star connection and one was when I played with a guest together against two other guys online.

No, no, I didn't lose 'cause of the lag, I would've lost anyway: just maybe I could've put up a fight of some sorts, instead of Kawaii simply crushing me :lol
He's really good btw, and it's nice to learn from better opponents.

Anyway, it seems the lag problem concerns just myself, since every friendly match I've played with you guys has been a mess, where raked matches are just fine.
I'll go buy the LAN adapter since I wanted to try it anyway...

Dash Kappei

maxmars said:
Please everyone add everyone else.. This is so that we get to flesh out our fc list with good people .... Don't waste the opportunity !

Btw Toma, before I lost all of my concentration in the third match, I managed to pry away a victory from you .... I'm very proud of that. :lol

:)

Max, since I've read that you're playing from Italy too, did you experience any lag in the match I've got disconnected from?

I'm starting to think that my ISP could maybe reduce the bandwidth later at night... but it doesn't really holds up as an explanation since ranked matches are fine.

ARRGH! Ok, sorry to bother you guys, I promise I will not bring up lag issues anymore ^__^

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
maxmars said:

I am not that good as it may look right now. I just had some lucky games and a bit luck with my shots while you didnt =/

@Dash Whats your Mii's name? But other than the 4 listed above no-one else is listed correctly in my list =(

As I said I would like to check that problems, but this would go far better with ICQ or MSN to talk about that *hints that he wants that to function and that he wants to share his IM*

;P

Dash Kappei

Toma said:
@Dash Whats your Mii's name? But other than the 4 listed above no-one else is listed correctly in my list =(

Quoting from page1:
GAF: Dash Kappei
Mii nickname:
DashK GAF
378058 368821

I see you as Toma - connecting
so you just need to add me back, that's it.
Same for other people in the thread that I always see as "connecting".

Toma

Dont get me wrong.
I added EVERYONE on here. You are also added. But there may be some problems when adding people at the wrong time. As maxmars mentioned we had to go online at the same time for that. Strange thing because we checked that we added us multiple times. I was in his list and he in mine. First he just had the "connecting..." thing under my name but on my end it was perfectly fine. Then we added each other again and just got a "connecting..." on both sides. In the end I added him again and we went online at the same time. Suddenly it worked ._.
Added you again.

Top Bottom