• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Strikers Charged World GAF Cup

maxmars

Toma said:
Dont get me wrong.
I added EVERYONE on here. You are also added. But there may be some problems when adding people at the wrong time. As maxmars mentioned we had to go online at the same time for that. Strange thing because we checked that we added us multiple times. I was in his list and he in mine. First he just had the "connecting..." thing under my name but on my end it was perfectly fine. Then we added each other again and just got a "connecting..." on both sides. In the end I added him again and we went online at the same time. Suddenly it worked ._.
Added you again.

I can vouch for that. It seems as if, sometimes? Every time?, you have to be online together with the other person in order for the system to acknowledge your new friend.

Even worse, Toma could see me fine, while I had him as "connecting..", which is very weird. Then (later) we BOTH saw the other one as "connecting..". Very confusing!

Bottom line, do not assume the other didn't add you back, it may be a matter of having to be online the both of you.

Haunted

Toma said:
Dont get me wrong.
I added EVERYONE on here. You are also added. But there may be some problems when adding people at the wrong time. As maxmars mentioned we had to go online at the same time for that. Strange thing because we checked that we added us multiple times. I was in his list and he in mine. First he just had the "connecting..." thing under my name but on my end it was perfectly fine. Then we added each other again and just got a "connecting..." on both sides. In the end I added him again and we went online at the same time. Suddenly it worked ._.
Added you again.
Had the same problem with CapnDrake for a while. We both deleted and re-added each other , disconnected and went online again - that fixed it. There are still some kinks in the system, imo. I'm just glad that everyone who's in the Cup was recognised properly for me.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I'm having a lot of trouble to go online lately, and had not so much time. I have not found WES or Nil10 who I have to play with. :(

I hope to play versus then today and tomorrow night. Please, be online!

fresquito

fresquito 2(14) - Kkg1701 0(1)

It was a laggy match, specially the second round were lag made made me fail while making the Megastrike (it was a full six shots, but I stopped it halfway because suddenly everything froze). But then Kristian had the same problem and the last two balls entered the net.

BTW, my Waluigi failed a goal without goalkeeper :lol

kkg1701

fresquito said:

It was a laggy match, specially the second round were lag made made me fail while making the Megastrike (it was a full six shots, but I stopped it halfway because suddenly everything froze). But then Kristian had the same problem and the last two balls entered the net.

BTW, my Waluigi failed a goal without goalkeeper :lol

No, the last two got in because I lost my darn pointer :( But yeah in the first round it was almost impossible to catch any of the megastrike shots since when my button press registered it was to late.

Some data from the match:

Code:
fresquito - kkg1701
goals:       10 -  0
shots:       20 -  3
skillshots:  2  -  3
hits:        17 -  25
steals:      5  -  0
mega:       7/10- 0/0
possession: 51% - 49%

Round 2
goals:       4  -  1
shots:       14 -  3
skillshots:  1  -  0
hits:        15 -  16
steals:      4  -  0
mega:       2/6 - 0/0
possession: 57% - 43%

Man do I suck at stealing the ball.

KK

kkg1701

maxmars said:
kk don't be discouraged, if you need some quick victories just add me and play with me. :lol :lol

No worries :) I don't train particurlarly much (got interested in Galactic Civilization 2 again), so I more or less just participate for some fun :)

KK

maxmars

kkg1701 said:
No worries :) I don't train particurlarly much (got interested in Galactic Civilization 2 again), so I more or less just participate for some fun :)

KK

Same here, I don't practice much but I like to play online as it's more fun than playing AI (however good may it be), so please add me to your FC list if you didn't already. :)

Maxmars, is it ok for you today at around 21 German time or 23 German time? (GMT is 2 hours less, i guess)

Laggy or not, let´s try ;-)

@Dash Kappei: I´ll add you later. But normally i add someone when i first have to play against him, so dont worry, if im not online in your list, yet :)

maxmars

MasterMFauli said:
Maxmars, is it ok for you today at around 21 German time or 23 German time? (GMT is 2 hours less, i guess)

Laggy or not, let´s try ;-)

@Dash Kappei: I´ll add you later. But normally i add someone when i first have to play against him, so dont worry, if im not online in your list, yet :)

I can try being online at 23, but if I'm not going to (we're throwing a party for one of my kids), I'll send you a PM here on GAF at about that time. I should be there, normally kids go to bed at about 22:00 no matter what.

maxmars

By the way people, please take the time to add everyone else. It's all in a convenient format in the first page. You will ensure you won't run out of good fellas to play with, not to mention they won't cheat on you.

Capndrake

Okay, I'm having real trouble trying to connect to fresquito. I can see him and his stats just fine but every time I try to invite him the game goes "There is no response". I've tried deleting and readding him and logging off, but nothing seems to help.

EDIT: Capndrake 1(4) - fresquito 2(7)

Haunted

Capndrake said:
Okay, I'm having real trouble trying to connect to fresquito. I can see him and his stats just fine but every time I try to invite him the game goes "There is no response". I've tried deleting and readding him and logging off, but nothing seems to help.

EDIT: Capndrake 1(4) - fresquito 2(7)
glad that it worked out for y... hu-whaa? You lost against fresquito?

Shit, now I have to get lucky to get into the semi-finals even if I beat him (unlikely). >_<

Capndrake

Haunted One said:
glad that it worked out for y... hu-whaa? You lost against fresquito?

Shit, now I have to get lucky to get into the semi-finals even if I beat him (unlikely). >_<
I only won that one game because I got a very lucky MegaStrike in the last few seconds >_<

Haunted

Capndrake said:
I only won that one game because I got a very lucky MegaStrike in the last few seconds >_<
He's that good, eh? :lol I love the game. Going to give it my best in the second week of the Cup.

fresquito

Capndrake said:
Heh, it was a nice match. In fact the end of the first round was so intense, with drake reverting a 0-2 with a great Megastrike.

Sorry Drake, I couldn't play a new match, I had things to do.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Got bored...

By making this thing I recognized something. What Result are the ones getting who couldnt play their game but get the win? I mean.. If in the end the goals would be important so see whos 2nd or 3rd. (I would say 5:0, because in normal football it is 3:0 and we are scoring more goals at strikers)

Anyway here is my boredom. Tell me if anything is missing. I wanted to do a list of the missing games and ended up with the complete ranking ._.

Really Sry if I forgot anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A:
Capndrake 2 (7) - Haunted One 0(2)
Haunted One 2 (16) - Kawaii 0 (2)
Kawaii 2 (5) - Dash Kappei 0 (1)
Capndrake 1(4) - fresquito 2(7)

B:
maxmars 0 (3) - Toma 2 (5)
MasterMFauli: 2 (5) - nli10: 0 (1)

Group A:

__________________Victories__Goals__Points___
1. Fresquito___________4:1____21:5_____12_____
2. Capndrake_________3:2_____11:9____9_____
3. Haunted One________2:2____18:9_____6____
4. Kawaii_____________2:2_____7:17____6_____
5. Dash Kappei________0:2_____1:5_____0_____
6. Kkg1701___________0:2_____1:14____0____

still to play:
Kkg1701 - Dash Kappei

Group B:
__________________Victories___Goals___Points__
1. MasterMFauli_______2:0______5:1______6____
2. Toma_____________2:0______5:3______6___
3. Tanasten__________0:0______0:0______0____
4. Wes______________0:0______0:0______0_____
5. maxmars__________0:2______3:5______0____
6. Nli10______________0:2______1:5______0____

Still to play:
MasterMFauli - maxmars
Nli10 - Tanasten
Toma - Wes
Wes - Tanasten

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
kkg1701 said:
I'm home in our game so I'll be doing the invites :) Might end up having to redo the games since it'll be my first time doing an invite.
[...]
So Wednesday, 20:00GMT

Dash Kappei said:
wed at 20GMT for our match then! :)
Also, if we still don't see each other online, let's keep an eye on PM

Dash Kappei at 19:30GMT said:
Dash Kappe at 18:40GMT said:
Hi mate, about tonight I either need to play 30 minutes earlier (19:30GMT) or postpone it by 30 minutes (20:30GMT).
Let me know wich one do u prefer, I'll check my PM constantly and I'll see you online at the time you decide.

So, it's 19:30GMT and you didn't answer, I guess you couldn't read my PMs on time... :-(
If I receive an answer before 20GMT I'll wait for you online at 20:30 like I was asking, if not I'll just be there at the previous set up time 20GMT. (be there on time 'cause I have to go, thanks!)

Mate, it's 20:18GMT and you're nowhere to be found nor did you answer to my PMs, sorry but I have to go, as the rules stated I guess I'll take a forfait victory but I'd preferred to play our match for sure, since I don't even know if I'll be able to play next week "thanks" to a last minute trip... :-(

Dash Kappei

Toma said:
__________________Victories__Goals__Points___
1. Fresquito___________4:1____21:5____12_____

How is it possibile 12points?

It's just 3 point for every a win (2 out of 3matches to get 3 points), so Fresquito should be at 6 points. So the others are also canned... am I right?
But thanks for your effort btw :)
Maybe I'm wrong , you never know, but here is says:

From OP

* Upon completion of the match, participants will report in the thread their score like this: Wes 2(16) - Maxmars 0(1), where two and zero are the number of matches, while sixteen and one are the number of goals scored.

* Three points for the winner, zero points for the loser. No points for Golden Goal losses

Also, I'd like to know how the forfait thing works in terms of goals scored (even if it won't concern me since there's no way I'll be fighting for the top spots :lol )

Haunted

Toma said:
Got bored...
Thanks for your efforts, but I thought max would be handling the stats part... Also, it's 3 points per won series, not each game in a series counted separately, as Dash pointed out.

I'd like to have one guy do all the organisational stuff. Helps to keep things nice and easy. Of course, that's up to everyone to decide who gets to do this stuff. :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So we are counting a match where one is missing as a 5:0 ?

And another question just came up(Group A). I corrected the stats and what is more important? To have more Victories? Or to have a better Goal ratio? For now I said that the extra victories are more important so the

3:2 (less goals) is better than 2:2 (more goals)

I'd like to have one guy do all the organisational stuff. Helps to keep things nice and easy. Of course, that's up to everyone to decide who gets to do this stuff. :p

I dont have problems keeping track of that thing so if its okay for maxmars and everybody else I would take the job of doing that. maxmars said that he doesnt want to be the starter of this tournament every time and he has more to do than me (and a family). So I dont think that its a particular bad idea to help him out a bit =)
So I just did that chart.

maxmars

Master I see you online but I'm not receivng any invitation. Tried to send you one, sveral times, but it couldn't get you. In the meantime I've played with Tanasten who schooled me..

Edit as for points for single games vs. matches.. What do you guys think it's best?

maxmars said:
Master I see you online but I'm not receivng any invitation. Tried to send you one, sveral times, but it couldn't get you. In the meantime I've played with Tanasten who schooled me..

Edit as for points for single games vs. matches.. What do you guys think it's best?

Sorry, i keep trying to connect, but right now, there´s the "FEhler beim Laden der Statistik" or "Error at loading stats" or whatever it´s called in English.
I´ll try again in 30 minutes.
Just to be sure, you´d be able to play tomorrow evening as well, hm? Dont know what´s wrong, i played today afternaoon and everything was alright :-/

Toma

I would say If there are points for every single game then we dont have problems with this priority between victory and goals. In the end its just the same if we say 3 Points for EVERY single game or 3 points per match and the victories are more important than then the goals.

I would rather see the victories more important than the pure mass of goals.
So we just have to say in which way we want to keep track of that.

*votes for the 3 pts each game*

MasterMFauli said:
Sorry, i keep trying to connect, but right now, there´s the "FEhler beim Laden der Statistik" or "Error at loading stats" or whatever it´s called in English.

I had the same thing too. Can someone explain to me why I couldnt get into the online mode because of that problem but as soon as Ive chosen another Mii everything was perfectly fine?
This makes just just soooo noooo sense to me.

Dash Kappei

maxmars said:

Personally I think there's no meaning in giving away so many points for every Vs match we'll play... I say whoever win 2 out 3 matches gets 3 points and that's it.

Toma

*woot woot*
I just added nli and he was the first one to appear in my list just the moment I entered it. Without any kind of problems.

<3

(I would take a guess that there arent problems if you try to add someone who is online)

tanasten

NLI10 Are you online? I can find you never :(

Edit: ****, I reentered the code again and now it conected to yours!

LET'S PLAY THE GAME FOR THE TOURNAMENT!

But I don't see your Mii's name. Please, re-add me in your friend list.

maxmars

Master, I'm still there for another while so please try again if you don't mind, as for tomorrow I will probably be online, yes, hpefully.

Currently posting with the ds browser please excuse bad syntax.

Just played against Kristian a friendly match.

tanasten

maxmars said:
Master, I'm still there for another while so please try again if you don't mind, as for tomorrow I will probably be online, yes, hpefully.

Currently posting with the ds browser please excuse bad syntax.

Just played against Kristian a friendly match.

Don't forget about our match :D

Dash Kappei

kkg1701
if you want I'm going online now and we can play our match so you wo't get a forfait... dunno if I'll be able to play tomorrow, I don't think so but in case I'll be online I'll let you know.

Toma

tanasten said:
Are you online? I can find you never :(

Edit: ****, I reentered the code again and now it conected to yours!

LET'S PLAY THE GAME FOR THE TOURNAMENT!

Jap I am online. I just try to re enter some friend codes in hope they are online.
You cant see me? I see you online ._.

tanasten

Toma said:
Jap I am online. I just try to re enter some friend codes in hope they are online.
You cant see me? I see you online ._.

Me too.

EDIT: ****, that post was for Nil10! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm a nerd :D

Toma

tanasten said:
Me too.

EDIT: ****, that post was for Nil10! :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm a nerd :D

:lol

EDIT:
his name is "nli" *whistles*

tanasten

I can't see NLI10 Mii's name, but I'm seeing him as busy. Does anybody see him in that state right now?

P.S: ****, I want to be able to chat in the games... :(

Toma

tanasten said:
I can't see NLI10 Mii's name, but I'm seeing him as busy. Does anybody see him in that state right now?

I see him as it would be if he had a match. I see his Mii, his name, his stats and tat red "not available" thing.

P.S: Me too =/

tanasten

NLi10, that was a tournament match or it was a friendly match?

Supposedly I should make a game now, no?

tanasten

Well, I did played a best of 3 versus NLi10 being him the Home.

The result was NLi10 0 (1) - Tanasten 2 (11)

If there's nothing wrong with it, this was the official match that we should have had for this week.

fresquito

About points, I think we should do just like in real soccer. Each match 3 points for the winner, 0 for the loser. Then, goals should be checked if there're ties in the classification. If 2nd and 3rd quallified are tied, then their particular goal average should be checked. For istance, if I lose to Haunted by 4-7 and 1-8, then that's a total of 5-15 to his favor. He should classify even if my goal average is higher than his.

Wow, exciting match, maxmars ^^
After the first roudn i thought that´d be an easy win, then you returned me the "favor" ;-)
Close result:

MasterMFauli: 2 (8) - Maxmars: 1 (7)

tanasten

fresquito said:
About points, I think we should do just like in real soccer. Each match 3 points for the winner, 0 for the loser. Then, goals should be checked if there're ties in the classification. If 2nd and 3rd quallified are tied, then their particular goal average should be checked. For istance, if I lose to Haunted by 4-7 and 1-8, then that's a total of 5-15 to his favor. He should classify even if my goal average is higher than his.

ok for me.

maxmars

Finally managed to play against master, losing 2-1.. Second and third match were 2-4 and 2-1, don't remember the score of the first.

As for points, I would be in favour of giving them every single match. This would give lesser players (eg me) an opportunity to get points, otherwis I'm afraid it's going to be a lot people ending tourney with 0 points which is discouraging.

Edit I mean, some battle for the cup, but some others struggle just trying to finish with more than 0 points. I'd like those to look forward to the tourney as much as those who can win it.

fresquito

maxmars said:
Finally managed to play against master, losing 2-1.. Second and third match were 2-4 and 2-1, don't remember the score of the first.

As for points, I would be in favour of giving them every single match. This would give lesser players (eg me) an opportunity to get points, otherwis I'm afraid it's going to be a lot people ending tourney with 0 points which is discouraging.
Ok, no problem for me :)

Toma

I should sooo train xD
Dash K has justen beaten me to a pulp

EDIT:
Correcting the chart again for the new standard

nli10

tanasten said:

I was busy as I was repeatedly trying to invite you to a match while cooking ( took 30+ attempts before it worked!) - I was supposed to be 'home' I think? :D

Anyway - good matches :) - I learnt lots and then used the skills in ranking to get a win (and then lost to a gaffer straight after!).

All good fun, I have trouble with ball posession I feel.

nli10

tanasten said:
Well, I did played a best of 3 versus NLi10 being him the Home.

The result was NLi10 0 (1) - Tanasten 2 (11)

If there's nothing wrong with it, this was the official match that we should have had for this week.

Yup this was official - closer than I thought it'd be too :D

We really need to be able to send little PMs to people on our friends lists - we can't even wave with our Wii motes except during super strikes... :(

Top Bottom