• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

TDLink

Thanos bitches!

He doesn't really seem right for Thanos.

Groot could be played by anyone, seems like a waste to get a big name like Vin Diesel and use him on a character that is all CG and says one line in various ways.

Not really sure who they would possibly make him. If he is talking to them now though it is almost certainly for a role in GotG, Avengers 2, Ant Man, or Doctor Strange.

Maybe one of Strange's villains? Ronan the Accuser is also a possibility, I suppose.

J10

Banned
If Vin is Groot he'll probably have more to say than his own name. Groot had some actual dialogue in Annihilation Conquest, so he wouldn't have to go to waste necessarily. He's certainly got the voice for it.
iwlbpOG.jpg

Rocket spit on him because Groot needed moisture to restore himself.

I could also see Vin as Ronan, too.

sharbhund

Today, Marvel announced that they purchased the distribution rights for Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America:TFA from Paramount. That should make future box sets easier to compile:

July 2, 2013

Dear Retailer,

Please be advised that effective 6/30/2013 Marvel has acquired the distribution rights for Marvel Studio’s Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger.

To ensure a smooth transition, Paramount Home Media Distribution will continue to distribute these titles for in-line/reset placement through 8/31/2013 in domestic territories. Effective immediately, Disney will handle promotional placement of these titles with the home entertainment release of Marvel’s Iron Man 3 in domestic territories.

Paramount will continue to honor and service existing distribution obligations.

Additional details pertaining to the transition plan will be communicated over the next several weeks.

Stan Lee keeps on talking about Marvel films in development this week, adding another film to the list even though the rights issues with 20th Century Fox maked its fate not so clear. What is that film? Why the "Silver Surfer" movie of course. Lee says:

"There is no way they won't eventually do a 'Silver Surfer' movie. It may not be for a few years because they're thinking and working on 'Doctor Strange,' 'Black Panther,' 'Ant-Man,' 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' But they'll get around to a 'Silver Surfer' feature because he's a wonderful character."

The Silver Surfer previously appeared on screen in 2007's "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" which grossed $289 million from a $130 million budget.

I bet they could do a smaller budget Surfer film. I don't see him having wide audience appeal but a Silver Surfer movie with the appropriate amount of respect given to the source material could be entertaining. More Hellboy makeup/prosthetics and less CGI metal.

Nakazato

Wait a Fucking second... I randomly deiced to Look at the cast of The Wolverine and see Viper (Madame Hydra) as a villain in it how is this possible.

J10

Banned
Wait a Fucking second... I randomly deiced to Look at the cast of The Wolverine and see Viper (Madame Hydra) as a villain in it how is this possible.

Same way DOFP will have Quicksilver. By ignoring part of her fictional background. She's probably one of those characters both Fox and Marvel could use in movies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Same way DOFP will have Quicksilver. By ignoring part of her fictional background. She's probably one of those characters both Fox and Marvel could use in movies.

....yeah but what property allows fox to use madame hydra...i thought hydra was ..cap/avengers/nick fury comics...

I have to say it baffles me too. Either she falls in that same neutral area that Pietro and Wanda fall under or Fox and Marvel were able to cut a deal. There was a rumor a while back about some kind of deal was being made so that Marvel could use Galactus in future films. It's most likely the former, but I REALLY hope it's the latter.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I know next to nothing about her aside from her affiliation with HYDRA.

http://marvel.com/universe/Viper says she has some (retrofitted?) history with Wolverine and the X-Men though.
The first time I ever remember reading a comic with her in it was in X-Treme X-Men. And considering I never got into the Avengers, any subsequent appearance by her that I know of was in one of their books. Her appearance in that movie isn't weird at all to me.

It's actually more shocking to me that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are allowed to be in the Avengers. I know they're prominent members of that team, but they'll always be X-Men villains in my mind first and foremost.

I have to say it baffles me too. Either she falls in that same neutral area that Pietro and Wanda fall under or Fox and Marvel were able to cut a deal. There was a rumor a while back about some kind of deal was being made so that Marvel could use Galactus in future films. It's most likely the former, but I REALLY hope it's the latter.

I assume it's the former, but even that seems strange to me as well. She does have some history in the past few decades with Wolverine and as an X-villain, but far more of her total history is tied to Fury/SHIELD/HYDRA/Cap, all of which Marvel obviously controls.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch do have most of their published history in Avengers and related books, but since their origins and first appearances are so closely tied to the X-Men franchise, their categorization makes more sense.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I assume it's the former, but even that seems strange to me as well. She does have some history in the past few decades with Wolverine and as an X-villain, but far more of her total history is tied to Fury/SHIELD/HYDRA/Cap, all of which Marvel obviously controls.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch do have most of their published history in Avengers and related books, but since their origins and first appearances are so closely tied to the X-Men franchise, their categorization makes more sense.

She's tied to wolverine thru Gorgon most likely though , but as far as QS and SW go, they've been Avengers since Vol 1 back in the 60's so thats probably why they are both allowed to be in Fox and Marvel films. Black Widow, Hawkeye, Quick Silver and Scarlet Witch all started out as villains and were part of caps kooky quartet.

Guzim

Posted on Vinbook:

Marvel meeting today...

Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed...

P.s. Thanks to Our page, for pushing to make it happen... you know I get tunnel vision with my work... and after that meeting today... wow!

1000847_10151804835863313_1146119410_n.jpg

TDLink

The role is likely GotG or Avengers 2 related. Would probably be too early to talk with anyone about roles relating to the Phase 3 films unless they are the leads and I don't see Vin fitting as Ant-Man or Strange.

Could be one of the "Masters of Evil" for Avengers 2?

Groot is a possibility I suppose but I still think they can give that role to anyone so I am not sure why they would pay Vin the big bucks just for a voice role like that.

The role is likely GotG or Avengers 2 related. Would probably be too early to talk with anyone about roles relating to the Phase 3 films unless they are the leads and I don't see Vin fitting as Ant-Man or Strange.

Could be one of the "Masters of Evil" for Avengers 2?

Groot is a possibility I suppose but I still think they can give that role to anyone so I am not sure why they would pay Vin the big bucks just for a voice role like that.

However, Vin does have an awesome voice for Groot. But I do see your point.

A friend of mine commented on Facebook that his deep desire is that it is Absorbing Man. That would be awesome, but would not fit at all with current MCU plans. And I doubt Marvel wants Hank Pym to be Diesel powered.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Marvel meeting today...

Only the people in the room can tell you what was discussed...

P.s. Thanks to Our page, for pushing to make it happen... you know I get tunnel vision with my work... and after that meeting today... wow!

1000847_10151804835863313_1146119410_n.jpg

Diesel has mentioned interest in playing Vision in the past.

TDLink

Love it. Hoping for a trailer soon, but we probably wont get one until Thor opens.

I am sure there will be some sort of trailer or footage at comic con...and that will probably leak online. The first officially released one probably won't be until Thor Dark World though, yeah.

TDLink

Only news I want out of Comic Con is who is voicing Rocket Raccoon.

Pretty sure we will probably get that. My predictions for comic con are:
  • Mostly focused on Thor
  • New trailer for Thor
  • Scene footage for Thor
  • Q and A with Thor actors and maybe some Cap actors
  • Footage for Cap
  • Full cast reveal for Guardians of the Galaxy
  • New GotG concept art
  • Maybe some GotG set photos/pictures of actors in costume
  • Official announcement of Doctor Strange with a logo
  • Possibly some casting announcements for Avengers 2

Top Bottom