• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Saoirse Ronan Dismisses THE AVENGERS 2 Role Rumors

65e9.png

You had one job, Whedon.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Interesting read with some fair points.

Marvel Does TV: The Big Challenge Ahead for 'Agents of SHIELD' (Opinion)

Historically, Marvel has managed to find a foothold in markets by offering an alternative to the norm; in comic books, it was imperfect heroes, and in movies, it was the shared universe setting and super-heroes who didn't take themselves too seriously (The comedy of Iron Man and Avengers, I feel, shouldn't be underestimated). The problem is, these days, Marvel is the norm when it comes to superheroes for the mainstream audience; how can Marvel manage to offer a credible alternative to itself that will manage to replace the missing elements from the movies without breaking with a brand that's been very carefully crafted up until this point? Or, perhaps it should be, how will Marvel make people interested in an Avengers story without any Avengers in it?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-agents-shield-big-challenge-586237

anaron

Posted this in the other SHIELD thread so here it is for this one.

For those who heard Maria Hill in the trailer, we heard correctly:

Cobie Smulders' Comic-Con Reveal: Secret 'Agents of SHIELD' Role

SWOim1l.jpg

The news is poised for a big reveal next week at Comic-Con International in San Diego, where ABC and Marvel will screen the pilot for SHIELD. The pilot was not included in the typical freshman series screeners sent to critics in May in an effort to keep the news under wraps. Whedon is slated to be joined by "surprise guests" during the Friday, July 19 panel set for Ballroom 20. It's unclear if Smulders, who will be at Comic-Con for How I Met Your Mother's panel the following day, will participate in the SHIELD session.

"I wanted very much to have Cobie in the pilot because as much as anyone else, she IS SHIELD. She's cool and commanding, and has the dry humor that plays so well with Clark's. Also, if she's in it I get to hang out with Cobie," Whedon said in a statement to THR.

Ant-Man's coming out after Avenger's though.

If he is Vision, they'll probably say he's from a top secret SHIELD program, with it later being revealed (maybe in the post-credits scene) that he was created by Pym, skipping Ultron entirely. They can always do Ultron later if they want, but that might not be until Avengers 4.

Showaddy

If he is Vision, they'll probably say he's from a top secret SHIELD program, with it later being revealed (maybe in the post-credits scene) that he was created by Pym, skipping Ultron entirely. They can always do Ultron later if they want, but that might not be until Avengers 4.

If they really wanted Vision/Pym in Avengers wouldn't they have just made Ant-Man in phase 2 instead of GOTG and let Guardians kick of phase 3 instead? Unless there were problems with Edgar Wright's schedule that I don't know about.

If they really wanted Vision/Pym in Avengers wouldn't they have just made Ant-Man in phase 2 instead of GOTG and let Guardians kick of phase 3 instead? Unless there were problems with Edgar Wright's schedule that I don't know about.
Shooting for Ant Man was shunted back so Wright could shoot The World's End.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Maybe the reason why Vision will be in A2 is because of his connection to Scarlet Witch and we all know that Joss really wanted her and Quicksilver to be in the film.

johnsmith

remember me
It would be smart to introduce Pym in Avengers 2 so that Antman does better at the box office. It'll help dissipate the inevitable "lol Antman who?" effect.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
It would be smart to introduce Pym in Avengers 2 so that Antman does better at the box office. It'll help dissipate the inevitable "lol Antman who?" effect.

Yeah, that seems like the safest, smartest and most interesting option. Even if it's just a cameo.

J10

Banned
The events of Ant-Man's movie could take place earlier in the timeline to account for his and Vision's hypothetical presence in Avengers 2 - maybe Ant-Man plays like a prequel of sorts. Whedon's gonna really have his hands full trying to make room for all these characters. I feel like Thor and Hawkeye (if he's even coming back) deserve a little more meat next time around, and who the hell knows what villains we're gonna be seeing.

They may need to give Whedon 3 hours this time.

faridmon

OK, reading Marvel on Wikipedia is messing up my head. Those alternate universe and dimensional continuity doesn't make a lick of sense, yet I am still reading and reading.
Now that I I have gone through some of the Captain Britain stuff (Bloody Hell!) Is he in any of the movies mentioned?

Top Bottom