• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latino Review is inconsistent and generally plain wrong when they come up with "massive scoops" which outline huge future plans. It's clickbait crap. I remember when they were sure that Iron Man 3 was going to lead into Guardian of the Galaxy with Tony Stark going to space. Or that there are big plans for the Hulk being sent into space at the end of Avengers 2 and Phase 3 having a PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK focus. Just nonsense.

They did get some Guardians of the Galaxy scoops spot on, but those were actual descriptions of the trailers and so on, which means they actually had a source which had access to marketing material early. That sort of thing is far more believable than someone having a source to the entire outline of the next bunch of movies, most of which haven't even been written yet. :p

Even so, I would think that this would dispel more of the the specific aspects, namely the spoiler stuff they wrote. While the general aspect regarding the thread title itself seems to make sense.

I mean while Spidey would seemingly have more impact in Civil War.. the timing of the negotiations between Marvel and Sony seem like they would lean for a much later introduction of Spidey were the deal to go through. And looking at their slate of releasess.. IW would be the most appropriate spot for him to enter, wouldn't it?

curb

Banned
They did get some Guardians of the Galaxy scoops spot on, but those were actual descriptions of the trailers and so on, which means they actually had a source which had access to marketing material early. That sort of thing is far more believable than someone having a source to the entire outline of the next bunch of movies, most of which haven't even been written yet. :p

A broken clock is right twice a day.

Neoxon

Latino Review is inconsistent and generally plain wrong when they come up with "massive scoops" which outline huge future plans. It's clickbait crap. I remember when they were sure that Iron Man 3 was going to lead into Guardian of the Galaxy with Tony Stark going to space. Or that there are big plans for the Hulk being sent into space at the end of Avengers 2 and Phase 3 having a PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK focus. Just nonsense.

Yeah, they've kinda been 50/50.

Yeah they were wrong about some things but right about other things.

So could be wrong. Could be right and none of there info counters what we already known.

FoneBone

Back in 2012, they were also very insistent ("FOUR different trusted sources") that Black Panther would be Marvel's second 2012 movie. This was only a few weeks before Marvel instead announced GotG.

Neoxon

It's official, Quick & I will do every MCU movie OT through 2016 (plus Daredevil). Maybe beyond if we're up to it.

Made some more avatars if anyone wants them.
0M5LSCQ.png
F6jxJow.png
MyYAj0D.png
6rbV9Tf.png

http://oscar.go.com/nominees

Captain America The Winter Soldier & Guardians of the Galaxy get Oscar noms for Best Visual Effects and GOTG gets the Best Makeup and Hairstyling nom.

Nice!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
With that, I wouldn't be too surprised if we got news that Ruffalo is going to be in there as well. This is practically an Avengers movie at this point anyway, might as well go the full gamut.

Considering the rumors that
Hulk will be shot into space at the end Age of Ultron
, I don't think so.

eastx

We know he's going to appear in someone's solo movie between Age of Ultron and Infinity War Part One. Doesn't really work if he's not on Earth (as James Gunn already denied his appearing in GOTG2).

There are plenty of ways that it could work, such as him popping up in Thor or whatever. They can bring him back to earth before Infinity War.

You can only reserve up to December 2016 right now. I'll leave you Thor: Ragnarök if we get GotG2 & Black Panther once 2017 reservations become open.
I'm OK with just Thor. Hopefully I'll be working by then, so I'll only have time for the one film.

Edit: I had no idea there was a reservation system put in place hahaha.

duckroll

I should probably chime in as a moderator to clarify this before it gets out of hand in case anyone is actually taking this seriously.

OT Rules, your thread would be locked in an instant.

This here, is NOT true. The function of "claiming" an |OT| is not that of a dog pissing to mark its territory for the sake of it. It is meant to encourage community interaction, and as a heads up as to who might already be putting effort into working on certain upcoming threads so people don't waste their time doing double work for nothing.

If others want to work on a thread or have ideas about it, collaboration is always encouraged. The attitude of wanting to monopolize something for the sake of doing that is not the spirit of the system here. Let it not be suggested or implied that the moderation team is interested in babysitting such squabbles. If people are childish enough to want to race each other to make an OT regardless of what the community at large would be best served by, then these people should not be making OTs in the first place.

I know people are mostly kidding around here, but I just wanted to make that clear. It is NOT a race. It's not about making a thread for the sake of making it. It should be because the person(s) making the OT reserved it in advance to give them more flexibility to prepare and deliver an informative and good OT without having to race for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom