• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be stupid? There's nothing inherently dangerous about the process, and it's a celebrated coming of age ceremony. I was actually disappointed that it wasn't larger, more open, and grander in nature. I would expect the chamber itself to be in the middle of a much larger arena or stage of sorts, which would allow the entire community to gather around awaiting the results as it reopens.

There's plenty dangerous about the process, you simply do not know what's going to come out of the chamber when it's over. Not very good planning to put something that could potentially create a Hulk or Black-Bolt level of power in the middle of your damn city. I'm just speculating but I would imagine what they stumbled into was just one temple area and that they weren't even close to the main part of the city.

duckroll

There's plenty dangerous about the process, you simply do not know what's going to come out of the chamber when it's over. Not very good planning to put something that could potentially create a Hulk or Black-Bolt level of power in the middle of your damn city. I'm just speculating but I would imagine what they stumbled into was just one temple area and that they weren't even close to the main part of the city.

It doesn't matter what comes out though, that's the point. They wouldn't be putting random dudes into the chamber. It's not an experiment, it's not a prison. It would just be parents and elders watching children go into it and come out transformed. There might be an unpredictable element to it, but nothing they wouldn't be able to handle.

I think the bigger question is why the structure was build in such a narrow and confined way (I know, I know, ABC has no budget, etc, lol) because a big open area would be just the sort of thing you want for kids to come out to after Terrigenesis, especially for fliers or those would need more space to manifest their powers.

tomtom94

But the really bad parts of Thor movies are on Asgard.

I always greatly preferred Asgard's Shakesperean hamminess and sci-fi aesthetic to the stuff on Earth, as much as they came up with some good humour it doesn't make up for how awfully done the Jane Foster stuff is. YMMV of course.

eastx

He's still trying to save face from being extremely wrong about The Inhumans not being introduced on Agents of Shield.

Ohhh, that's funny. :)

Yeah, would be nice to see more of the temple or city in the next episode, but there's no telling if they'll do that.

Peru

I always greatly preferred Asgard's Shakesperean hamminess and sci-fi aesthetic to the stuff on Earth, as much as they came up with some good humour it doesn't make up for how awfully done the Jane Foster stuff is. YMMV of course.

Well the earth stuff is bad, sure. But the Asgard parts are worse. They could've done something with it, anything. It's just a horribly built world. Random magic evelators and thingymabobs popping up everywhere, tacky Avatar colors and unmotivated mystical events shaking the characters to their core.

He's still trying to save face from being extremely wrong about The Inhumans not being introduced on Agents of Shield.

If you want to believe that, fine. I thought it was pretty clear from how the last episode ended that the show is done with the city/temple/whatever

Quick

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZda4NErErw

Anthony Mackie reveals that Captain America: Civil War will shoot in Puerto Rico and Berlin as well as Atlanta.

I'm hyped. It was too long a wait between First Avenger and Winter Soldier, and now we're just a little over a year for Civil War.

giphy.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The talks are supposed to go down this month. Just enough time to cast a Peter Parker given that Sony plays ball & Marvel knows who they want.
I hope so much that this is still happening. I am watching Amazing Spider-Man while typing this and I hate it so much :(

Gartooth

The talks are supposed to go down this month. Just enough time to cast a Peter Parker given that Sony plays ball & Marvel knows who they want.

Are you referring to that "Spider-Man summit" thing from the Sony Pictures leak? Its been hard for me to keep up with all that went on during it, but wasn't it proven to be faked?

Neoxon

I hope so much that this is still happening. I am watching Amazing Spider-Man while typing this and I hate it so much :(
The Amazing Spider-Man 1 is actually not bad, it's 2 that's a train-wreck.

Are you referring to that "Spider-Man summit" thing from the Sony Pictures leak? Its been hard for me to keep up with all that went on during it, but wasn't it proven to be faked?
I kept track of the Sony leaks for the most part & I do recall the Spidey Summit being one of the first emails leaked. I'll do some digging to see if something came up about the email itself.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

I kept track of the Sony leaks for the most part & I do recall the Spidey Summit being one of the first emails leaked. I'll do some digging to see if something came up about the email itself.
Forgot the 2. I am watching the second ASM movie^^
Still, I think ASM1 isnt that good, either.

Gartooth

Nah its okay. I looked it up and it seems like it was real and was happening as of late November. I got confused because I thought talks fell through, but apparently Sony is still planning something.

Neoxon

Nah its okay. I looked it up and it seems like it was real and was happening as of late November. I got confused because I thought talks fell through, but apparently Sony is still planning something.
Basically, we won't hear about if the talks worked out until February at the earliest unless Kevin Feige wants to get the hype going as soon as possible. And honestly, I have a gut feeling that Spidey will join the MCU. Given everything that's happened with Sony, they need something that's guaranteed money (& TASM2 didn't exactly make much profit) & something to get back in good graces with the fans. Plus if I recall, Sony proper isn't happy that talks didn't pan out earlier. All the cards are falling in Marvel's favor, it's more of if Marvel can seal the deal in time.

The "earth" stuff in the Thor movies is terrible. Two movies into a romance with Jane Foster and I still don't understand why Thor isn't hooking up with Sif or at least Kat Dennings

agree the earth parts are easily the worst parts of both thor movies, and thor should be hooking up with lady sif.
Jaime alexander>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>infinity natalie portman

Gartooth

agree the earth parts are easily the worst parts of both thor movies, and thor should be hooking up with lady sif.
Jaime alexander>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>infinity natalie portman

If Thor and Captain America movies go the way of Iron Man in which they are relegated to Avengers after completing their trilogy, then I can say that I really felt there was a lot of wasted potential with the Thor movies.

Quick

Banned

I hope they flip the script on that if they do go that route.

Yeah, I've read it. I'm just hyped that we're getting another solo Cap movie in a much shorter time from Winter Soldier.

I remember watching The First Avenger, and it was just awesome. I knew The Avengers was coming out the next year, but I also really wanted the next solo Cap film to come out. WS came out two years after. But now? We got WS in 2014, AoU in 2015, CW in 2016.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Korten

Banned
Does anyone else hope they never make a live action version of the Young Avengers? Maybe it's just me but the idea of kid/teen-versions of the main teams always struck me as kind of... well dumb.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Does anyone else hope they never make a live action version of the Young Avengers? Maybe it's just me but the idea of kid/teen-versions of the main teams always struck me as kind of... well dumb.

Well they already have...

-The kid from Iron Man 3
-Scott Lang's daughter

iosefe

while it sounds cool, it seems the spidey summit hasn't happened yet. unless the tweet mentioned in the comics is unsubstantiated

duckroll

Latino Review is inconsistent and generally plain wrong when they come up with "massive scoops" which outline huge future plans. It's clickbait crap. I remember when they were sure that Iron Man 3 was going to lead into Guardian of the Galaxy with Tony Stark going to space. Or that there are big plans for the Hulk being sent into space at the end of Avengers 2 and Phase 3 having a PLANET HULK and WORLD WAR HULK focus. Just nonsense.

They did get some Guardians of the Galaxy scoops spot on, but those were actual descriptions of the trailers and so on, which means they actually had a source which had access to marketing material early. That sort of thing is far more believable than someone having a source to the entire outline of the next bunch of movies, most of which haven't even been written yet. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom