• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Neoxon, bro, you really need to do a double take before posting whatever Marvel related stuff you find. It's getting a bit out of hand :p

Been making avatars of the MCU stars (similar to my Pratt avatar) if anyone wants them.

iw3C5cU.png
LeysSvp.png
Anuaitp.png

CLAIMED BY RICHIEK:
ndrFHZu.png

E the Shaggy

The internet backlash to Cumberbatch being picked as Strange is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

"He's too much like the character!"

Pachimari

I didn't like the Cumberbatch casting at first, and to be honest, I don't think I had heard of him until he were rumored for the Dr. Strange role, but he is quickly growing on me!

Anth0ny

I heard they are shooting Cap 3 in Atlanta.

According to that casting call that just came up for ASM3, a film supposedly set for release in 2018... they are also shooting in Atlanta. At the same time as Cap 3.

Is it happening?

Neoxon

I heard they are shooting Cap 3 in Atlanta.

According to that casting call that just came up for ASM3, a film supposedly set for release in 2018... they are also shooting in Atlanta. At the same time as Cap 3.

Is it happening?
That casting call was from November, apparently. But that is an interesting theory.

Neoxon

Should I make a thread about the news, because the thread on the casting call to begin with was locked.

I do feel sorry for those who bought into the casting call though, mainly those who actually paid for it.

Sort of a random post but has anyone had any thoughts on Thor: Ragnarok? I'm assuming that it'll be the destruction of Asgard but surely Thanos must have something to do with it although I'm not sure if I'd want him to have a leading-role in the film as I assume said destruction would be to recover the Tesseract.

I think that way after Avengers 3/4 they can just say 'and then Thor went off to settle/find a new home-world for the Asgardians or at least rebuild the old.

rexor0717

Sort of a random post but has anyone had any thoughts on Thor: Ragnarok? I'm assuming that it'll be the destruction of Asgard but surely Thanos must have something to do with it although I'm not sure if I'd want him to have a leading-role in the film as I assume said destruction would be to recover the Tesseract.

I think that way after Avengers 3/4 they can just say 'and then Thor went off to settle/find a new home-world for the Asgardians or at least rebuild the old.

Aren't they holding the Tesseract right now? Thanos or his goons are going to show up to all the places with infinity stones and get them back.

Aren't they holding the Tesseract right now? Thanos or his goons are going to show up to all the places with infinity stones and get them back.
Unless the end of the film is Thor escaping Asgard with the Tesseract to Earth (the last Infinity Stone Thanos needs by Infinity War - perhaps?) all beaten, bloody and generally fucked up which leads to Thanos needed to come to Earth, he gets it in that part then that could explain the gap between the films.

Dai101

Banned

The Tesseract is indeed in Asgard, along with the Infinity Gaunlet and who knows what other stuff in Odin's vault.

My thoughts are that the events that cause Ragnarok will be initiated by Loki's poor leadership, and Thor will be preoccupied saving other realms from Surtur's armies. Essentially it will be up to Loki to save Asgard, he will attempt to do so, but Thanos will invade at a pretty inopportune moment and kill him to get the Tesseract before Ragnarok can be stopped. Assuming Loki had found a way to take the Odinforce for himself, Thor would inherit it and use it to drive Thanos away but would die failing to stop Ragnarok.

Thanos will be pulling strings somehow to get the tesseract, Loki will end up allying with him to "save Asgard", Asgard will crash into the Midwest like in the comics and that'll set up some storylines for Agents of Shield as well as place Loki with Thanos for Infinity War in the Mephistos role.

Thanos will be pulling strings somehow to get the tesseract, Loki will end up allying with him to "save Asgard", Asgard will crash into the Midwest like in the comics and that'll set up some storylines for Agents of Shield as well as place Loki with Thanos for Infinity War in the Mephistos role.

Well, I'm morbidly curious how SHIELD would depict Asgard, given that the Kree city it was hyping for several episodes amounted onscreen to a couple generic caves and a generic chamber with a pedestal in the middle.

E the Shaggy

I half think Thor dies in Avengers: Age of Ultron and has to battle his way out of Hel/fight Surtur during Ragnarok.

I really appreciated Marvel, in their press conference, recognizing that Thor: Dark World wasn't great and calling Ragnarok Thor's "Winter Soldier".

eastx

Well, I'm morbidly curious how SHIELD would depict Asgard, given that the Kree city it was hyping for several episodes amounted onscreen to a couple generic caves and a generic chamber with a pedestal in the middle.

You do realize they haven't gone into the city yet, right?

That temple wasn't apart of a city at all. They assumed it was a city based on looking at the design but in reality it was just a big temple.

i haven't paid attention to everything but here is how i think A2 will go:

- Something happens, Thor, IM, Banner go check it out
- They meet the Twins, Twin mindfucks them and shows them future with Thanos winning, wielding Gauntlet -> shot with them defeated and Caps shield broken
- Banner freaks out -> queue Hulk Buster scene
- IM freaks out too, still PTSD from new york, remembers Chitauri army, wants to prepare to defend earth from Thanos -> finds AI builds AI bots with Banner
- That's why Cap said the thing about trying to end a war before it even begins
- Thor recognised the Infinity Gauntlet from the Vision, rushes home and tries to find it -> secure it (we know Heimdall is in it)
- IM invites Avengers to demonstrate his new Robots that will defend the earth vs. Thanos (that's why Colby is there, she worked on them)
- Something goes wrong, main Ultron rebels
- They fight him for an hour, Ultron goes to Wakanda, blabla Vision
- They defeat him somehow
- Humans get mad because Avengers destroyed Earth fighting against their own creation -> Civil War

tomtom94

I half think Thor dies in Avengers: Age of Ultron and has to battle his way out of Hel/fight Surtur during Ragnarok.

This is something I've been thinking for a while. It would be hilarious if they dealt with the issue of people finding the Earth stuff in Thor boring by just leaving Earth behind.

Peru

This is something I've been thinking for a while. It would be hilarious if they dealt with the issue of people finding the Earth stuff in Thor boring by just leaving Earth behind.

But the really bad parts of Thor movies are on Asgard.

duckroll

That temple wasn't apart of a city at all. They assumed it was a city based on looking at the design but in reality it was just a big temple.

I thought they said most of the city had already been submerged underground. It's just a bunch of really old ruins. It hardly matters, since it was all clearly abandoned a very long time ago.

duckroll

I think for safety concerns it would be pretty stupid to put a terrigenesis chamber smack-dab in the middle of your city.

Why would it be stupid? There's nothing inherently dangerous about the process, and it's a celebrated coming of age ceremony. I was actually disappointed that it wasn't larger, more open, and grander in nature. I would expect the chamber itself to be in the middle of a much larger arena or stage of sorts, which would allow the entire community to gather around awaiting the results as it reopens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom