• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Germany is ass late with AoS. The first episode aired two weeks ago.

Wikipedia tells me the first episode aired a year ago, though I doubt too many watch RTL Crime. It's still quite late though and I'm not sure if S2 has aired in German yet. Definitely available on-demand though.

Pachimari

I have been going through the MCU films and shows with my girlfriend and she is amazed at how much she missed when she just watched them as separate entities.

We watched all 6 of the phase 1 films which was easy and quick to get through.
Then we had a bit of a break.
Over the past few days we have watched Iron Man 3 > AoS S1 episode 1-6 > Thor 2 > AoS S1 episode 7-11.

Being my second time watching the first season of SHIELD I'm astounded at how well the show works when you binge watch it. I remember being completely disinterested with episodes 2-9 when I had to wait a week or 2 for each airing.

Do anyone know in which order I should watch it all? I have watched everything so far but I want to do a runthrough again, and is thinking how Agents of Shield fits in with all of it?

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Do anyone know in which order I should watch it all? I have watched everything so far but I want to do a runthrough again, and is thinking how Agents of Shield fits in with all of it?

According to this reddit post and edited slightly by me:

01) Captain America: The First Avenger
02) Agent Carter (S1:E1 - E8)
03) Agent Carter one-shot
04) Iron Man
05) Iron Man 2
06) A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer one-shot
07) Thor
08) The Incredible Hulk
09) The Consultant one-shot
10) The Avengers
11) Item 47 one-shot
12) Iron Man 3
13) Agents of SHIELD (S1:E1 - 7)
14) All Hail the King one-shot
15) Thor 2
16) Agents of SHIELD (S1:E8 - 16)
17) Captain America: The Winter Soldier
18) Agents of SHIELD (S1:E17 - 22)
19) Guardians of the Galaxy
18) Agents of SHIELD (S2:E1 - ongoing)

It might not be correct (I'm sure someone else here can help edit it), but at first glance it appears to be, more or less.

That's in chronological order-ish. It may serve you better to actually watch it in production order.

curb

Banned

04) Iron Man
05) Iron Man 2
07) Thor
08) The Incredible Hulk
10) The Avengers
11) Item 47 one-shot
12) Iron Man 3
15) Thor 2

Hulk goes there? I thought it took place actually between Iron Man 1 and 2. I haven't seen the consultant in a while but does that change where Hulk gets placed?

I thought Stark was on the Avengers Assembly team hence the bar scene in Hulk and then rejected after getting fully evaluated in Iron Man 2.

Maybe I'm totally off.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Hulk goes there? I thought it took place actually between Iron Man 1 and 2. I haven't seen the consultant in a while but does that change where Hulk gets placed?

I thought Stark was on the Avengers Assembly team hence the bar scene in Hulk and then rejected after getting fully evaluated in Iron Man 2.

Maybe I'm totally off.
Don't Iron Man 2, Hulk, and Thor take place roughly all at once? Putting them in numerical order like the reddit post does is slightly misleading.

EDIT: Here's another watching order someone made. Roughly the same.

Anth0ny

04) Iron Man
05) Iron Man 2
07) Thor
08) The Incredible Hulk
10) The Avengers
11) Item 47 one-shot
12) Iron Man 3
15) Thor 2

It might not be correct (I'm sure someone else here can help edit it), but at first glance it appears to be, more or less.

That's in chronological order-ish. It may serve you better to actually watch it in production order.

I actually watched a fan edit that edited together all the Phase One films before Avengers was released. that was pretty fun.

I should try this new watching order before Avengers 2 is released...

You can see the news footage of the Incredible Hulk university scene in the background during Iron Man 2. They pretty much take place at the same time (or in the same week as the official tie-in comic explains).

edit: that's probably what Gameproff is linking above lol but I'm at work and couldn't watch the video

sol_bad

I think it's better to do production order rather than chronological order for anything. It makes much more sense as watching things in chronological order may spoil things in other films/series. Each new film in production order also builds on top of the world from the prior film.

Besides if you watch Captain America first, I'm pretty sure it's ending takes place after the events told in IM, TIH, IM2 and Thor. The entire film is essentially a flashback after all.

J10

Banned
I think it would be dope if they could bring Iron Man's old 60's armor to the screen and have the arms and legs shaped like Winter Soldier's arm.

This
dRME2aO.jpg

Plus this
screen-shot-2014-03-04-at-8-05-33-pm.png

TDLink

"Additional Music" from Danny Elfman confirmed for Age of Ultron. Any chance of a spider-man theme cameo? Just speculating...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Someone should slap a Spider-Man logo in the OP movie list.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
"Additional Music" from Danny Elfman confirmed for Age of Ultron.

AoU credits roll... the music slows, and transitions to Elfman's theme. The bongos play as the camera pans around a spider climbing out of a science-y looking tube. The music crescendos as the spider falls, falls on to a hand. It raises it's pinchers up an-

cut to black.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
AoU credits roll... the music slows, and transitions to Elfman's theme. The bongos play as the camera pans around a spider climbing out of a science-y looking tube. The music crescendos as the spider falls, falls on to a hand. It raises it's pinchers up an-

cut to black.
It needs to be a experiment with radiation this time :D No genetic enginered spiders bullshit :D

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I have a feeling they're going to loosely tie it into the Super Soldier program, like they did with Banner's gamma radiation experiment.
Its going to be the Oz-formula origin.
I just hope that the first Marvel controlled Spidey will have a origin that is finally true to the character. But I already know that they will of course go with Oz/a failes recreation of the SSS.

BY2K

Membero Americo
EtFTFff.jpg

I don't really like this poster. Too busy, they are all facing the wrong way (they're behind you, morons) and they still plan on hiding Vision until the release?

Elfman's Spider-Man theme is brilliant but would they really use it to re-introduce Spidey to the big screen with a new actor/origin etc? Seems unlikely to me.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
They are obviously going to use the Spidey Elfman theme to link Spider-Man 1, 2, the MCU and the Spider-Verse together.

Garfield > Maguire

BY2K

Membero Americo
What's the realistic possibility that they had enough time to squeeze in a Spider-Man tease at the end of AoU?

A 30 seconds tease shouldn't take too much time to film and edit, but it's still very slim. May is very near so unless they planned that tease from the start in case they could have the deal, I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom