• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
If you have questions about moderation, please PM a mod, rather than discussing it in a thread, which is a violation of the ToS, and the reason several people are on holiday at the moment.

iosefe

image.php

FeD.nL

I really love the Ant-Man suit, looks amazing. At this point I might be more excited for Ant-Man than Age of Ultron, just watched the SDCC panel again and I really think Peyton Reed will nail this one just as Gunn and the Russo's have.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Damn, was out of the loop due to work and missed the announcement!
It's kinda annoying that he's getting rebooted again and that Garfield is no longer playing him, as he was pretty great.

Having Spidey in the MCU is pretty cool though :D

Marvel's first black superhero movie and first female superhero movie gets pushed way back to make room for the 6th edition of a wisecracking white hero with an attitude. Typical comic culture.
This, however is totally lame :(
They should've just added another date and be done with it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I really love the Ant-Man suit, looks amazing. At this point I might be more excited for Ant-Man than Age of Ultron, just watched the SDCC panel again and I really think Peyton Reed will nail this one just as Gunn and the Russo's have.

do you have a link to the SDCC panel clip? i'd like to see it, thanks!

Dai101

Banned
http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=2014

Robert Downey Jr talks Avengers Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War.

I’m crazy about Evans. I really am. I don’t know why or how to explain this particular kinship we have. By the way, he hasn’t called me in six months. Honestly, in order for this whole thing to have worked, I did my part, Hemsworth knocked it out of the stadium and then it fell on Cap. That was the riskiest. It was the one that had the highest degree of difficulty in making it translate to a modern audience. It was the Russos and Chris who, I think, really hit the line drive and won the series. I remember glancing through it going, “Wow, that’s a different way to go”. They said, “If we have you, we can do this or Cap 3 has to be something else”. It’s nice to feel needed.

Dem Russos. Also, who doesn't love Evans?

AMUSIX

I've been listening to this way too much lately....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akM-WGCbCT0

When AoU comes out, he'll be adding that and Carter's theme to it as well...Hopefully he keeps it up through Phase 3
Quoting myself because every time I come to this page, I end up listening to it again...well, here goes another 23 minutes....I still don't like the Hulk theme too much, but have developed a huge appreciation for the first Thor theme, and have always loved the Cap1 theme.

http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=2014

Robert Downey Jr talks Avengers Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War.

But when - and I won’t give much of anything away - Vision gets to express and enter and find his place in earnest respect on the playing field, it was like an exceptionally well-executed, poetic, badass, “Aha!” moment for all of us. Joss was very particular about that in a different way than he was with Jimmy. I think people are going to get a kick out of the creative decisions about how Vision fits in.
h50K8A4.gif

Marvel's first black superhero movie and first female superhero movie gets pushed way back to make room for the 6th edition of a wisecracking white hero with an attitude. Typical comic culture.

in order of importance
spiderman > >>>>>>>>BP>>>>>>>>> captain marvel

^^^^
I'm sorry but when you get Michael Jordan back you gotta start him. A lot of these movies were moved for the better Black Panther was going to come out really close to Justice League now it has a better summer spot.

Neoxon

^^^^
I'm sorry but when you get Michael Jordan back you gotta start him. A lot of these movies were moved for the better Black Panther was going to come out really close to Justice League now it has a better summer spot.
Exactly, the delays for Black Panther & Inhumans are blessings in disguise.

^^^^

This one one of the first thoughts that came to mind when I heard the news.

"Wait... that means BP is now gonna be a Summer 2018 movie... right after A:IW pt1!!!?
why is everyone bummed about that!?"

sounded like nothing but good news to me.... other than IW pt 2 not getting pushed back so that Inhumans can still happen before it.

and a quick question. Was a title graphic for the Spider-man movie ever released?
or are we still waiting for them to have an official title?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
For al of us Chris Evans fans and people un the MCU thread

http://youtu.be/B98dzVCIGV4

I love this man.

yaaaas!

I LOVE Chris Evans, he's my #1 favorite actor. I just wish there was a small chance he would change his mind about his Marvel contract and sign up for a few more like RDJ did. Maybe RDJ will change Evans' mind? I mean, he did push him to take the role of Cap in the first place :*(

yaaaas!

I LOVE Chris Evans, he's my #1 favorite actor. I just wish there was a small chance he would change his mind about his Marvel contract and sign up for a few more like RDJ did. Maybe RDJ will change Evans' mind? I mean, he did push him to take the role of Cap in the first place :*(

??

Evans has stated that if he continues acting, it will be in contract with Marvel (as Capt. America), otherwise he is interested in pursuing directing jobs.

I'm sure someone will dig up the original quote and/or the clarified quote from him as well.

Neoxon

??

Evans has stated that if he continues acting, it will be in contract with Marvel (as Capt. America), otherwise he is interested in pursuing directing jobs.

I'm sure someone will dig up the original quote and/or the clarified quote from him as well.
Basically that, yeah. The only role Chris Evans intends on doing in the future is Captain America, so Marvel has room to negotiate more movies.

Neoxon

Details change all the time and we don't know everything there is to know about what's going on.
Think about it this way, it's too early to introduce Miles & it would be disservice to Miles to make him Spidey now. On top of that, making Peter Parker black would take much of the wind out of Miles' sail when he's eventually introduced. Either way you slice it, it wouldn't make much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom