• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it in the main thread for it, but I have a hard time believing that Marvel, having just secured their crown jewel super hero, would just skip Peter Parker and go straight to Miguel or Miles. If we had a few Parker appearances or movies in the MCU already, then we deal with the passing of the torch to a new Spidey, I would believe it.

Jumping straight to Miles would be like making the Batman in the new DCCU Jean Paul Valley instead of Bruce Wayne.

Neoxon

I said it in the main thread for it, but I have a hard time believing that Marvel, having just secured their crown jewel super hero, would just skip Peter Parker and go straight to Miguel or Miles. If we had a few Parker appearances or movies in the MCU already, then we deal with the passing of the torch to a new Spidey, I would believe it.

Jumping straight to Miles would be like making the Batman in the new DCCU Jean Paul Valley instead of Bruce Wayne.
This guy gets it.

Anth0ny

To be fair. I love the dreary look of Snyder's heroes. It wouldn't fit Marvel's cast but it looks epic on Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

uhMbmeF.png

:p

I mean ignoring the fact they actually name-dropped Peter Parker in the press release...

There's people genuinely excited for diversity over there, and then there's people just creaming themselves because "LOL THE OUTRAGE!". Seems to kinda mostly be the latter.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I mean ignoring the fact they actually name-dropped Peter Parker in the press release...

There's people genuinely excited for diversity over there, and then there's people just creaming themselves because "LOL THE OUTRAGE!". Seems to kinda mostly be the latter.

Doesn't prevent them from casting an actor of color playing Peter.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
...people actually think there's a chance they aren't going to cast another little white boy to play Peter Parker? Seriously?

Anth0ny

SDCC pass successfully acquired.

Civil War. Spidey in MCU. Not to mention Star Wars episode VII and Batman vs. Superman. This should be good.

Pachimari

Thank you so much for those spidey images, have helped me out a lot!

And it might look like shit but I'm pretty satisfied with it as my wallpaper on Monitor #1 (I removed Ant-Man; don't know where to place him. Looked bad on Hulk):

inky

I think Spidey gets lost between Cap's and IM's red and blue. You should consider switching him with someone else.

Gartooth

Spider-Man casting will be interesting. Especially because it has to be decided upon by two film studios, with Sony in the end having final say.

SDCC pass successfully acquired.

Civil War. Spidey in MCU. Not to mention Star Wars episode VII and Batman vs. Superman. This should be good.

So jealous, I would be ecstatic to go to Comic Con sometime. Thinking about going in 2017 since I would be done with college + summer internships by then. Plus it would be awesome to see stuff about GotG2, Dr. Strange, and reboot Spider-Man at panels.

Neoxon

I just finished an MCU checklist for the couple who live across from me. Left room for a potential Season 2 for Agent Carter and each Netflix show & already reserved a slot for Season 3 of SHIELD.

BLACKLAC

I just finished an MCU checklist for the couple who live across from me. Left room for a potential Season 2 for Agent Carter and each Netflix show & already reserved a slot for Season 3 of SHIELD.

I have no idea what this means :(

MCU checklist?

Left room for a potential Season 2 for Agent Carter and each Netflix show & already reserved a slot for Season 3 of SHIELD?

wat

Neoxon

I have no idea what this means :(

MCU checklist?

Left room for a potential Season 2 for Agent Carter and each Netflix show & already reserved a slot for Season 3 of SHIELD?

wat
I left space for Season 2 of each Netflix show. I reserved Season 3 of SHIELD since ratings have been steady so far & the show's been getting great critical acclaim this season. Basically it's a checklist of each MCU movie, show, Netflix series, & one-shot.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I left space for Season 2 of each Netflix show. I reserved Season 3 of SHIELD since ratings have been steady so far & the show's been getting great critical acclaim this season. Basically it's a checklist of each MCU movie, show, Netflix series, & one-shot.
Did you make a checklist for your neighbors because they are trying to make their way through each show and film? This is an education, of sorts?

Neoxon

Did you make a checklist for your neighbors because they are trying to make their way through each show and film? This is an education, of sorts?
They wanted to know where to start with the MCU & how to keep up, so I made the checklist so they know what to watch & in what order. The movies are in the order they were released, but I put the other stuff in between where they fit into the timeline. So yeah, it was an education of sorts.

I posted this in the Netflix thread, and man my head is spinning with how great the Civil War arc could be for cross-overs. Re-reading the series right now, and damn so many great moments with Daredevil, Cage, Jessica Jones.

Also, can Lee Pace play Namor now Ronan's dead?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I posted this in the Netflix thread, and man my head is spinning with how great the Civil War arc could be for cross-overs. Re-reading the series right now, and damn so many great moments with Daredevil, Cage, Jessica Jones.

Also, can Lee Pace play Namor now Ronan's dead?

This is Marvel, no one really dies except for Uncle Ben.

Ugh Ronan should have lived, pace was perfect for him to continue building the character and giving him added depth.
I think they handled him really badly, to be honest. He's not a religious extremist so much as he's a total legalistic asshole with total loyalty to the Kree.

Ronan as a guy who's just totally humorless and an utter dickhead is more fun than Ronan as someone explicitly evil.

He just wasn't interesting and felt like a generic Space Muslim Terrorist archetype.

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Civil War than Age of Ultron?

Spidey showing up, Iron Man vs Cap action, and further blurring of lines between good and evil? It can't come here soon enough.

Anth0ny

Is it weird that I'm more excited for Civil War than Age of Ultron?

Spidey showing up, Iron Man vs Cap action, and further blurring of lines between good and evil? It can't come here soon enough.

Not weird at all. Cap, Iron Man and Spider-Man is absolutely more exciting than the Avengers right now.

AMUSIX

So, when they went to RDJ about Civil War, they basically said "If we can get you, we're doing this....if we can't, we're doing that." Do we have any idea what 'that' was?

So, when they went to RDJ about Civil War, they basically said "If we can get you, we're doing this....if we can't, we're doing that." Do we have any idea what 'that' was?

Not Civil War.

As for which I am most excited about, it is definitely Age of Ultron. Mainly because Ultron is one of my all time favorite Avengers villains, and I am so excited to see him on the big screen and kicking ass like he should be.

I am not a fan of the Civil War comic at all, but I have the utmost faith in the MCU team to pull off something great with the premise since it is the Winter Soldier team doing it.

sol_bad

They wanted to know where to start with the MCU & how to keep up, so I made the checklist so they know what to watch & in what order. The movies are in the order they were released, but I put the other stuff in between where they fit into the timeline. So yeah, it was an education of sorts.

I have been going through the MCU films and shows with my girlfriend and she is amazed at how much she missed when she just watched them as separate entities.

We watched all 6 of the phase 1 films which was easy and quick to get through.
Then we had a bit of a break.
Over the past few days we have watched Iron Man 3 > AoS S1 episode 1-6 > Thor 2 > AoS S1 episode 7-11.

Being my second time watching the first season of SHIELD I'm astounded at how well the show works when you binge watch it. I remember being completely disinterested with episodes 2-9 when I had to wait a week or 2 for each airing. I suffered through it just because it was related to the MCU, the pay off was obviously well worth it of course.
I was not bored of the first 9 episodes my second time around as you really pick up on the character developments more. My girlfriend is also loving it and likes it better than Arrow, The Flash Gotham and Constantine.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
April is going to be a insane month.
Agents of SHIELD S01 finally on Blu-Ray Disc, Daredevil on Netflix and, of course Age of Ultron.

April will Make Mine Marvel o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom