• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Randomly found this on DeKnight's Twitter:

FeOW8lg.jpg

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
With how big that Phase 3 announcement turned out to be I wonder if they are focusing on their own yearly event like D23, Star Wars Celebration.

I assumed D23 would be their new default or something similar to their event last oct , the film division doesn't need comicon anymore.

jmood88

Randomly found this on DeKnight's Twitter:

FeOW8lg.jpg
Aka a sea of white people. I always forget how monochromatic the casts are until I see a lineup like this.

Edit: also, shout out to Agents of Shield for their diverse cast. Two Asian women, a black woman, and two black men (though Tripp basically ended up being the token black guy from Not Another Teen Movie) with significant roles.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I want a Invaders movie... Golden Age Cap had a couple of cheesy foes I want to see on screen... Master Man or Baron Blood.

To bad this will never happend :/

Pachimari

Just came up with this idea of dedicating a small piece of a wall in my apartment. Then rip all of my MCU blurays and print out high quality images on 10x15 paper with every single character in the MCU and hang them on the wall. See where they fit and what their role is.

Neoxon

Just came up with this idea of dedicating a small piece of a wall in my apartment. Then rip all of my MCU blurays and print out high quality images on 10x15 paper with every single character in the MCU and hang them on the wall. See where they fit and what their role is.
You might want to save space for the Phase 3 cast.

Jonogunn

I work at Rogers Wireless (Canadian phone company) in Vancouver and I had a customer come in today who works for a special effects company. I made some small talk and asked what movies or tv shows he worked on the and he said Ant-Man! He worked on the CGI parts of Ant-Man's costume. I got all excited asking for inside info but he didn't know much lol. He did say to expect a trailer in a couple of weeks.

Anyways no big news or a point to my post other than wanting to share :).

sharbhund

c9nCgrA.jpg

Apparently, this chart is already way out of date, because while Avengers merchandise took in $325 million in 2013, it was over $1 billion in 2014:

“Whereas the Marvel movies used to be just for fans, they’ve become very far reaching,” Gitter said. “The average consumer is now going to see Marvel films.” And they’re buying the products, with the Avengers generating more than $1 billion in sales around the world in 2014, according to NPD Group.

I wonder if Avengers will pass Spider-Man in 2015.

Neoxon

But this is Guardians, mang. Hopefully they'll do Infinity War here.
Here's hoping. Though it's looking like they're gonna stagger what they film where between Atlanta & London for Phase 3.

Which begs the question, will Spider-Man be shot at Sony Pictures or Marvel Studios. I know Kevin Feige is bringing the Marvel Studios team with him for Spider-Man, but will Sony let Marvel handle filming as well?

Here's hoping. Though it's looking like they're gonna stagger what they film where between Atlanta & London for Phase 3.

Which begs the question, will Spider-Man be shot at Sony Pictures or Marvel Studios. I know Kevin Feige is bringing the Marvel Studios team with him for Spider-Man, but will Sony let Marvel handle filming as well?

Damn you, Pinewood. You're taking my jaaahbs away.

They'll have Sony crew... like, for runners or something.

"Arad, get me a coffee!"
"Yes, Sir Feige."

mreddie

They must have been comfortable of the ATL during Ant-Man.

I work at Rogers Wireless (Canadian phone company) in Vancouver and I had a customer come in today who works for a special effects company. I made some small talk and asked what movies or tv shows he worked on the and he said Ant-Man! He worked on the CGI parts of Ant-Man's costume. I got all excited asking for inside info but he didn't know much lol. He did say to expect a trailer in a couple of weeks.

Anyways no big news or a point to my post other than wanting to share :).

Likely before Furious 7 I presume. Also, kick ass, I know a friend of a friend who worked on the CG for Guardians. (HINT: The Nova ships were a pain in the ass.)

Jonogunn

They must have been comfortable of the ATL during Ant-Man.

Likely before Furious 7 I presume. Also, kick ass, I know a friend of a friend who worked on the CG for Guardians. (HINT: The Nova ships were a pain in the ass.)

Ah crap! These are the type of questions I should have asked! That's awesome

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So, what do you guys think about a Phase 2 Avenger centric Marathon "book"club thingy next month here in celebration of Avengers? I was planning to watch all earth based movies on a weekend and I thought it could be fun to do this together with MCUgaf^^

Aceun

So, what do you guys think about a Phase 2 Avenger centric Marathon "book"club thingy next month here in celebration of Avengers? I was planning to watch all earth based movies on a weekend and I thought it could be fun to do this together with MCUgaf^^

I'm down to partake in the action. Earth based removes GOTG sadly, but by that time I may be okay giving up a movie or two.

Quick

Banned

I might be up for this.

Vibranium

Banned
I want a Invaders movie... Golden Age Cap had a couple of cheesy foes I want to see on screen... Master Man or Baron Blood.

I want to see Cap fight real Nazis in flashbacks, an experimental Master Man by the Fourth Reich in an attempt to counter HYDRA would be really cool.

And man, I want Baron Blood too. :(

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

no it will not, no more than hydra having hitler on ice and bringing him back as hatemonger. They wont do that full on racist , master race, might makes right move with caps foes...and yet..maybe Zemo is the one. None the less, if they didn't with Red Skull who is the most evil of them all...i dont think they will with any of his foes. Maybe if we get some OVA's or something.

FeD.nL

Good idea! Count me in :)

Quick

Banned
We could kick off the MCU Phase 2 marathon with Avengers, as that's sort of the bookend to Phase 1, then run it through until Cap 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom