• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

But guys

Guardians did way better than expected

Feige basically has to let him do whatever the fuck he likes
Pretty much this. Marvel thought Gunn's GotG2 script was risky but let him go forward with it anyway. The man pretty much has free reign (for the most part) at this point.
Again, it's possible that James Gunn has lied *gasp*
Or if Hulk is in space, he could be in...

- Thor: Ragnarök
- Captain Marvel
- Avengers: Infinity War (Part 1)

Doesn't have to be GotG2 if Gunn doesn't want Hulk in it.

BLACKLAC

Still surprised he didn't do Ant-Man. Can't say I'm a particularly big expert on comics but from what I've heard about Inhumans that looks like a severe mismatch to me. Anyone confirm?

Nothing confirmed. This smells like strait up speculation on Latino Review's part since this rumor has been around ever since McKay was done with the Ant-man script and word was Marvel was very happy about the work he did.

johnsmith

remember me
There's no Age of Ultron branding, it's meaningless.

6372000441586-2

Tom_Cody

Still surprised he didn't do Ant-Man. Can't say I'm a particularly big expert on comics but from what I've heard about Inhumans that looks like a severe mismatch to me. Anyone confirm?
We have no idea what tone they are going for with Inhumans. It's about as much of an open book as Guardians was.

tomtom94

Watched Iron Man 3 again since it's on Netflix. Still reckon it's the best Iron Man film for set pieces (the airplane sequence alone, you guys!) but the first film possibly edges it on character development. Most of the plot twists and silly elements are easier to swallow the second time around, too - Kingsley is fantastic, fuck the haters.

It's difficult not to look back in light of Winter Soldier and see it as a little too "fantastic" (in the original sense of the term) and silly compared to the spy thriller that was TWS. I love IM3 in a different way though, kind of like why I like Guardians, it's very much its own thing. Shane Black's fingerprints all over it and they add a lot of new stuff (the remote control etc) to the fight scenes. (As an aside, even if it's just script rewrites, I really want Shane Black involved in Avengers 3 in some way. Make it happen, Marvel)

Still not quite sure how they're going to retcon the ending with all the other stuff going on in Age of Ultron.

TDLink

When they started providing good scoops on Marvel stuff. Of course their rumors don't always pan out, but their record is pretty good.

I feel like the only thing they got right recently was a few years ago when they found out that GotG was the "unannounced Marvel film" getting announced at comic con. That's a pretty cool scoop but considering how much other stuff they've gotten straight wrong or inaccurate since then, they aren't quite reliable.

I wouldn't call their record "good".

J10

Banned
Shane Black doesn't want to make superhero movies. That's why Iron Man 3 was as bad as it was. So of course we should get him to work on the biggest one ever.

Quick

Banned
Cap fight compilation. Pretty awesome to see his evolution here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knZmDfBbOLw

Loki vs Cap isn't as bad as I remembered.

Loki vs. Cap wasn't terrible, but Cap's fighting style just looked cartoonish. The way it was filmed may not have helped. I'd imagine it would look a lot better if it incorporated the way Bucky vs. Cap was filmed (tight shots, handheld shooting) rather than the wide shot, and if they had both of them moving around instead of being in one spot.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Dear god, no. Dont let the Avengers storyline end with a turd like Iron Man 3.
Shane Black doesn't want to make superhero movies. That's why Iron Man 3 was as bad as it was. So of course we should get him to work on the biggest one ever.
IM3 is the best Iron Man film and one of Marvel's finest you fiends.
Also, there is nothing to retcon at the end.

Thanos gets a potato gauntlet for Christmas.
Fixed.

J10

Banned
I read a study recently that said most people who like Iron Man 3 are also ISIS supporters. Make of that what you will.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I read a study recently that said most people who like Iron Man 3 are also ISIS supporters. Make of that what you will.
You are confusing it up with people that like the Civil War comic book event.

watch the One Shots :)
I thought he was talking about the armor fireworks.

Snow

IM3 is the best Iron Man film and one of Marvel's finest you fiends.
Don't know if it's better than the first Iron Man, but it's pretty great. And I would argue the character of Trevor is a pretty brilliant creation and a nice subversion of expectations for the villain.

Also, there is nothing to retcon at the end.
Somehow the end got interpreted by some as Tony not wanting to be a guy flying around in a metal suit anymore. Which is an odd interpretation of that ending; he pretty clearly states he's all about the part of himself that loves building suits and other things, he's not giving it up.

What did it retcon?

In the one shot:
Slattery is broken out of prison by 10 rings operatives so the real mandarin can meet his imposter.

Jackson Norris: I'm not the one that's going to kill you, Mr. Slattery. I'm here to break you out.

Trevor Slattery: That's... nice?

Jackson Norris: Not really. You see, there's somebody who wants to meet you.

Trevor Slattery: Do I know him?

Jackson Norris: No. But you took his name... and now he wants it back.

iosefe

In the one shot:
Slattery is broken out of prison by 10 rings operatives so the real mandarin can meet his imposter.

Jackson Norris: I'm not the one that's going to kill you, Mr. Slattery. I'm here to break you out.

not so much a Ret con as it is "new information"

it's easy enough to assume that
Killian appropriated the concept of the Mandarin from a legend that he didn't believe was legit
and this is the aftermath of that

not so much a Ret con as it is "new information"

it's easy enough to assume that
Killian appropriated the concept of the Mandarin from a legend that he didn't believe was legit
and this is the aftermath of that

Oh I agree on this point, I just didn't want to bloat my post :p

BLACKLAC

In the one shot:

Aldrich Killian admitted, in film, his Mandarin was a fake.

Trevor mentions Killian's think tank thought it up, in film.

The One Shot just added more information.

Edit: saw your next post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom