• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sol_bad

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Agents of SHIELD season 1 episode 1-7 (optional)
Thor: The Dark World
Agents of SHIELD season 1 episode 8-16 (optional)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Agents of SHIELD season 1 episode 17-22 (optional)
Agents of SHIELD season 2 episode 1-10 (optional)
Agent Carter episode 1-8 (optional)
Agents of SHIELD season 2 episode 11-19? (optional)

^_^

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd be down for that. Would want a movie list well in advance tho.

Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2
Plus the One Shots

Since the 5th and 6th april is eastern and most people want to be with their family and Daredevil drops on Netflix on the 10th and maybe a lot of Marvel Gaffers want to marathon Daredevil ASAP, I would say we do this on the 18th and 19th? Two Movies a day.

Also, this is the weekend before Avengers starts in UK and Europe.

Do you think I should ask a Mod if I am allowed to start a new thread for this? Maybe more people hear of this then and this bookclub things are more fun when a lot of people participate.

TDLink

Now that all these Marvel threads were moved to community, hopefully more people will just post here.

This thread sort of goes through periods of activity and inactivity. Whenever there's big news it always gets new topics so the discussion tends to move there. After that dies down people tend to come back here to continue talking about it or to talk about the smaller news. There will probably be more discussion as marketing for this year's films ramp up (and they are released). I foresee some good discussion and speculation after Daredevil is out too.

Part of the problem also is the existence of the Production Mega-Threads. They didn't really exist in years prior so now discussion for every little thing that happens regarding AoU, Ant Man, and Civil War tends to go there before here (or in some cases straight up instead of here).

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03...nt-man/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bleeding Cool just posted some possible MAJOR SPOILERS about Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant-Man and Captain America Civil War:

So, Captain America: Civil War. It will feature Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Black Panther.

It will also feature Hulk, Thor, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, and a fourteen year old Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

You may note there is no Quicksilver mention. Because he doesn’t make it out Avengers: Age Of Ultron. There will be no Agent Coulson appearance in the next Avengers film but the clip we saw of Hulk and Black Widow getting close will be a thing. Expect flirting and then a kiss…

Also Falcon appears in Ant-Man.

EDIT: Devin Faraci says it's false.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03...nt-man/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bleeding Cool just posted some possible MAJOR SPOILERS about Avengers Age of Ultron, Ant-Man and Captain America Civil War:

So, Captain America: Civil War. It will feature Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye and Black Panther.

It will also feature Hulk, Thor, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, and a fourteen year old Peter Parker, Spider-Man.

You may note there is no Quicksilver mention. Because he doesn’t make it out Avengers: Age Of Ultron. There will be no Agent Coulson appearance in the next Avengers film but the clip we saw of Hulk and Black Widow getting close will be a thing. Expect flirting and then a kiss…

Good cuz this sounds slightly disappointing

ZeroFate

Hmmm.... I still think
Quicksilver won't make it out of AoU alive. Just a hunch honestly, and Whedon loves his shock deaths.

Neoxon

Hmmm.... I still think
Quicksilver won't make it out of AoU alive. Just a hunch honestly, and Whedon loves his shock deaths.
They may just give the shocking death to Rhodey. The MCU doesn't have very many people with actual powers right now, no use killing one of them off.

Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers
Iron Man 3

Agents of SHIELD season 1 episode 1-7 (optional)
Thor: The Dark World
Agents of SHIELD season 1 episode 8-16 (optional)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Agents of SHIELD season 1 episode 17-22 (optional)
Agents of SHIELD season 2 episode 1-10 (optional)
Agent Carter episode 1-8 (optional)
Agents of SHIELD season 2 episode 11-19? (optional)

^_^

If you're doing full MCU, you also need the One-Shots and Daredevil, which comes out before AoU

edit: And GotG, which I know doesn't tie into Avengers but it's great anyway

Blader

Bleeding Cool rumors are such shit. Have they ever had one accurate scoop before? Rich should quit while he's still way the fuck behind.

Anth0ny

avengers-2-age-of-ulthaozs.jpg

New wallpaper :)

Neoxon

http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/20/...-synopsis-is-about-what-youd-expect-it-to-be/

Devin Faraci's now strongly implying that in Age of Ultron,
Hulk gets shot into space at the end of the movie.
The only problem is that
James Gunn is pretty much opposed to any humans from Earth that aren't Star-Lord in the GotG movies. The only way this can work is if either Hulk is in a post-credits scene for GotG2 that isn't directed by James Gunn, or if Hulk in space is touched on in Infinity War.

The only problem is that
James Gunn is pretty much opposed to any humans from Earth that aren't Star-Lord in the GotG movies. The only way this can work is if either Hulk is in a post-credits scene for GotG2 that isn't directed by James Gunn, or if Hulk in space is touched on in Infinity War.

Easy.
Hulk never change back.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://badassdigest.com/2015/03/20/...-synopsis-is-about-what-youd-expect-it-to-be/

Devin Faraci's now strongly implying that in Age of Ultron,
Hulk gets shot into space at the end of the movie.

Honestly I can see this happening. Not that I think it'll happen, but it's not out the realms of possibility. If Feige wants it, it'll happen, contrary to what others have said. Though I'm sure I heard that
Banner/Hulk was supposed to show up in a few Phase 3 films, though I suppose GOTG2/Thor3/Captain Marvel will all take place away from Earth, so it's still plausible.

The only problem is that
Who says he has to appear in
GOTG2...?
Space is huge. Space does not solely = GOTG/

jmood88

The only problem is that
Again, it's possible that James Gunn has lied *gasp*

The only problem is that

lol if you think kevin feige can't completely overrun james gunn on story matters no matter what gunn says about the creative freedom he has

TDLink

I still don't think they are going to try to shoehorn Hulk into Guardians even if you want to ignore or not believe Gunn's statements that it's not happening. It did very well as a new and separate IP from all of the Avengers. They are going to want to keep building that up and have it flourish as its own thing. Infinity War can be the super big crossover event, putting one of the Avengers in their movies before that is only going to take the focus away and harm the franchise's ability to stand on its own. I think both Gunn and Feige understand that.

TDLink

It would be nice if you all continue to use Spoilertags, thx.

Spoiler tags aren't needed in this topic, that's the whole point. It's all just rumours and speculation anyways...and in this particular case I think it's pretty unlikely this persistent rumour is actually going to come to fruition (given the reasons I just pointed out).

So... without discussing the feasibility of this, whether it'd ever happen etc. How hyped would you guys be if the strings of Danny Elfman's Spiderman theme started playing in a post-credits scene of AOU?

Really, what else would they bother having as a post-credits that it wouldn't be more impressive to say "Forget it, Spider-Man."

Thanos tease? We'll apparently get that with Tony's vision anyways.
Civil War? It'll be built up to with Tony/Cap conflict, and they could include Spider-Man in this.
Any other character, Dr. Strange/Captain Marvel etc, not bigger than Spidey!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So... without discussing the feasibility of this, whether it'd ever happen etc.

How hyped would you guys be if the strings of Danny Elfman's Spiderman theme started playing in a post-credits scene of AOU?
I would went nuts, but its confirmed that he is just remaking themes from Avengers 1.

I would went nuts, but its confirmed that he is just remaking themes from Avengers 1.

I'm... actually okay with that. The Avengers 1 theme is on a par with Spiderman/Superman, they need to make it more prominent and iconic.

Like they'd tell us if he was including the damn Spidey theme though...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm... actually okay with that. The Avengers 1 theme is on a par with Spiderman/Superman, they need to make it more prominent and iconic.

Like they'd tell us if he was including the damn Spidey theme though...
Yeah, I was thinking the same when I tipped the post. Why should he tell us and spoil the surprise.

AMUSIX

Bought 10 tickets to the 7:30pm showing of AoU on Thursday the 29th. It's not IMAX, but it does have the Dolby Atmos setup, which is awesome.

Friends are going to get together every Sunday in April...the 5th will be Avengers, 12th Iron Man 3, 19th Thor 2, 26th Winter Soldier. Yeah, come Ultron, we'll be sick of the characters :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Vin would be a perfect Black Bolt, dude has the presence for it

J10

Banned
If he won't just say yes or no, the answer is obviously yes. I hope he gets to play Karnak and they hire a real actor for Black Bolt.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Will Arnett for Maximus. Jason Bateman as Black Bolt. Portia de Rossi as Medusa. Tony Hale as Gorgon. David Cross is Triton. Michael Cera is Karnak.

Mae Whitman as Lockjaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom