• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Baron... Strucker...

Jp5foB1.gif

In “Age Of Ultron,” Baron Von Strucker is the initial threat, the guy they’re fighting at the start of the film. He does not have a major ongoing role in the film, but he is responsible for bringing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into contact with the Avengers in the first place, since they start the film working either with or or the Baron. If you look at this like a James Bond movie, Von Strucker’s the bad guy they’ll take care of in the pre-credits sequence before they move into the main story. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch have a complicated journey in this film, and the question of whether they’re good or bad is one of the big things driving the movie overall.

Blader

Their source is Latino Review so no, it's not actually confirmed.

Honestly half this thread must be bullshit from Latino Review.

Seems like they have their own sources corroborating, because they have plot details that LR didn't. Unless they're flat out lying, but I've never really seen HitFix completely make up shit before.

Vibranium

Banned

Holy fuck, Strucker, yes!!!!!

He'll either be OG or could be his son/grandson (provided one was in WW2), him being set fully in modern times seems most likely. I hope he calls out Cap during the movie, should be interesting.

And yes, we still need the Zemos. I want Heinrich and Cap to face off during flashbacks with him being a proper Nazi with HYDRA dealings. Not actually formerly under Red Skull, a real goddamn right-hand man to Hitler. Feige hasn't even confirmed if Steve and the Howlers faced off against the regular German army, I hope they did, not just hydra.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I love me some strucker/hydra/serpent crown, but the way they did cap 1 ...sugar coated it ...i guess they had to but those dudes were postively evil , strucker, zemo and skull it was a horror comic. I hope they turn the dial up some cause while cap doesnt have the most powerful foes, he does have some of the most outright evil asshole foes.

Showaddy

Marvel finally confirm Vin Diesel is voicing Groot.

VIN-DIESEL-GROOT.jpg

Also Groot is looking a lot more human than I thought he would, not complaining, just an observation.

Thor 2 managed to get ~630m. I think that Cap will manage to hit similar numbers, if not better.

Thor went from $449m up to $630m for the sequel.

Cap grossed $370m, so a jump to $600 would be a really big improvement.
Of course, anything beyond that would be awesome as well, dont get me wrong.

Dave_6

James Gunn posted on FB that that is a very early, quite unfinished look at them too. Awesome nonetheless!

Showaddy

They released the official GOTG synopsis as well:

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.

Presumably the Orb is another Infinity Gem and Ronan's ambitions = give it to Big Boss Thanos.

Mafro

I dont think so. We saw fully assembled Infinity Gauntlet in the Odin's vault.
Have you seen Thor 2?
The Tesseract and the Aether are referred to as Infinity Stones during the mid credits teaser.
. I think that Infinity Gaunltet in Thor 1 was just meant to be an easter egg.

DieH@rd

Banned
Have you seen Thor 2?
The Tesseract and the Aether are referred to as Infinity Stones during the mid credits teaser.

Nope. I will read your spoiler in a few months. :D

Have you seen Thor 2?

Given the near-total likelihood of the Gauntlet in the first Thor film as an easter egg and the fact that the
Infinity Stones aren't exactly the right size for fitting into a gauntlet
, part of me wonders if Marvel won't try to avoid the Gauntlet altogether since they've already got a ton of Macguffins to establish and use in Avengers 3. Possibly just collecting all of the gems/stones will be sufficient. Yes, sure, the Gauntlet is pretty iconic, but this is a different version of the Marvel Universe and things don't have to be all the same.

Thor: The Dark World spoiler:
I do think that Loki taking Odin's place will be what results in Thanos gaining possession of the Tesseract,
possibly whenever Thor 3 happens.

Showaddy

Given the near-total likelihood of the Gauntlet in the first Thor film as an easter egg and the fact that the
Infinity Stones aren't exactly the right size for fitting into a gauntlet
, part of me wonders if Marvel won't try to avoid the Gauntlet altogether since they've already got a ton of Macguffins to establish and use in Avengers 3. Possibly just collecting all of the gems/stones will be sufficient. Yes, sure, the Gauntlet is pretty iconic, but this is a different version of the Marvel Universe and things don't have to be all the same.

Thor: The Dark World spoiler:
I do think that Loki taking Odin's place will be what results in Thanos gaining possession of the Tesseract,
possibly whenever Thor 3 happens.

The Gauntlet has still got to be happening, this whole Cube/Orb business is just to make each gem more recognisable for their respective films rather than just Avengers with a blue gem, Thor with a red gem, Guardians with a green gem etc. They won't slot in nice and neat like the comics but the Gauntlet will be what glues them together somehow.

It'd just be a bit silly trying to sell The Infinity Gauntlet storyline without The Infinity Gauntlet, it's iconic (within Marvel comics at least).

AMUSIX

If they do the gauntlet, I'd expect the gems (already embedded in the gauntlet) will simply be vessels into which the different energies will be contained. It's less about Thanos running around and collecting gems than it is about him trapping the energy of the
Terreract and the Aether and whatever else there is in the glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom