• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Is that his old WW2 garb? And Falcon looks a whole lot better than I thought he would.

Edit: It looks like it's a mish-mash of both suits.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Is that his old WW2 garb? And Falcon looks a whole lot better than I thought he would.

Edit: It looks like it's a mish-mash of both suits.

It's supposed to be his WW2 outfit.

7xap.jpg

Supposedly, Steve gets fed up with SHIELD's antics and breaks into the Smithsonian to take back his old uniform.

TDLink

FOX has now set the Fantastic Four reboot to start production on March 31st. I still find that highly unlikely considering there is still no script or casting yet. But I guess we'll see...

As a reminder, they have to start production before October or the rights will revert to Marvel.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am not so much into making movies, but could they start the production before having a script and making create just some cheap stuff like some backdops or something else to save the rights?

inky

I am not so much into making movies, but could they start the production before having a script and making create just some cheap stuff like some backdops or something else to save the rights?

Building of sets and props could definitely begin before having a cast or script, so it wouldn't surprise me. If that is all they need to categorize it as "in production" then that's what they will most likely do.

Dai101

Banned
FOX has now set the Fantastic Four reboot to start production on March 31st. I still find that highly unlikely considering there is still no script or casting yet. But I guess we'll see...

As a reminder, they have to start production before October or the rights will revert to Marvel.

I need a team to go there and fuck everything. Who's in?

Khezu

I hope they do.

Say what you want about Marvels movies, Fantastic Four is something I think only they could do right, or at least accurate to it's source material.

The Cap costume in the first movie didn't have the red stripes. but I guess that can be chalked up to the Smithsonian making a new costume since the original one was buried at sea along with Cap himself. *Nitpick*

J10

Banned
The Cap costume in the first movie didn't have the red stripes. but I guess that can be chalked up to the Smithsonian making a new costume since the original one was buried at sea along with Cap himself. *Nitpick*

Yeah it did. But it only had two red stripes, not three. It wasn't lost at sea, it was on him when they thawed him.

Yeah it did. But it only had two red stripes, not three. It wasn't lost at sea, it was on him when they thawed him.

I probably should have added "outside of the two straps". And I know they found him again, but I was more making a (badly thought out) case for the costume in the Smithsonian not being the original one. It is probably a replica since Cap had his on him when got frozen and exhibit might have existed before he was thawed. That would explain the extra stripe.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Building of sets and props could definitely begin before having a cast or script, so it wouldn't surprise me. If that is all they need to categorize it as "in production" then that's what they will most likely do.

curses.....this must not come to pass...

eastx

Also, the military manufactured the costume for him. They could easily have produced multiple costumes for different occasions or in case one became too worn or damaged to repair.

Anth0ny

Seriously? I swear I heard casting rumors a year ago... nothing's actually been set in stone yet?

The rights reverting back to Marvel would be a fucking megaton.

histopher

Seriously? I swear I heard casting rumors a year ago... nothing's actually been set in stone yet?

Its the only other right I really want back with Marvel.

X-men is too messy.
Spidey actually works ok by himself.

I hope they do.

Say what you want about Marvels movies, Fantastic Four is something I think only they could do right, or at least accurate to it's source material.

If I was the guy at Fox in charge and I was set in coming up with something that could go toe to toe with the MCU, I'd cast Benedict Cumberbatch as Doom. Bam! Fox's own Loki who I think it could actually pull it off as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its kind of weird seeing them coming after the avengers interm of timeline wise.

Spider-Man wouldnt be such a problem, if they had included the destroyed Osborn Tower in the battle of Manhatten like they originally intended to do together with Sony. Maybe reckon some things and it would fit.

But with X-Men you are right, there is no way they could do it right.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
If I was the guy at Fox in charge and I was set in coming up with something that could go toe to toe with the MCU, I'd cast Benedict Cumberbatch as Doom. Bam! Fox's own Loki who I think it could actually pull it off as well.

you are not listening, we must STOP this shit from happening.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
To be honest, before I saw Thor 2, my main wish was seeing the FF in a Marvel flick, now I want to see what they could do with the Skrull, Galactus, the Silver Surfer, Annihilus and the negativ zone and the Kree.

DieH@rd

Banned
I hope Avengers 2 has some batshit crazy fight scenes. After seeing Man of Steel they're going to have to step it the fuck up.

Whedon said the same after watching IM3 end fight.

As for Man of Steel, such level of destruction could wait until Thanos/Scrulls/Kree arrive on Earth [~Avengers 3].

Also, the military manufactured the costume for him. They could easily have produced multiple costumes for different occasions or in case one became too worn or damaged to repair.

The suit was redesigned when he was thawed out. Better materials, sleek new look. I'm wondering why they'd revert back to the one he wore back in Hitlertime, just to redesign it again into the Commander Rogers outfit. They could have just went from the Avengers suit to the new one.

Anth0ny

Same here. I think this makes sure that Pym will be some kind of Q-like Charackter.

Very impressive that famous and acclaimed actors now are in superhero movies.

Seriously. It started with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, but now even the MCU is getting a solid amount of well respected actors. Anthony Hopkins as Odin is pretty much perfection.

jph139

So that means Paul Rudd is Scott Lang, then? I guess the original approach of "60s Pym + modern Lang" is still a go, then. Definitely not a bad call!

Wonder what this means for Wasp, though.

Dai101

Banned
Seriously. It started with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, but now even the MCU is getting a solid amount of well respected actors. Anthony Hopkins as Odin is pretty much perfection.
Dont forget Robert Redford in WS and Glenn Close in GG

TDLink

Can they start production and then halt production due to "script issues" and restart their contract?

No. If they halt production after the deadline outside of emergency circumstances then the rights would revert.

Yeah there were rumors last year but then they scrapped the script and started over so those didn't go anywhere.

sol_bad

No. If they halt production after the deadline outside of emergency circumstances then the rights would revert.

Thank God for that, I was worried Fox might try and pull some bullshit to hold on to the license. REEAAALLY hoping the don't start production.
Arseholes will probably start production and write the script as they start casting or whatever comes first.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I hope they go nowhere near MoS-style fights in Avengers 2, those got boring fast.

Regarding Ant-Man, it's an interesting choice.
Same here. I think this makes sure that Pym will be some kind of Q-like Charackter.

Very impressive that famous and acclaimed actors now are in superhero movies.
Marlon Brando and Gene Hackman were famous and acclaimed even when Superman was released.

Vibranium

Banned
The suit was redesigned when he was thawed out. Better materials, sleek new look. I'm wondering why they'd revert back to the one he wore back in Hitlertime, just to redesign it again into the Commander Rogers outfit. They could have just went from the Avengers suit to the new one.

Some spoilers from The Winter Soldier leaked recently, Cap breaks into the Smithsonian to get the WWII replica/OG suit, though the reasons are unknown as you said.

As a big Cap fan, I've been speculating that Steve wears the suit in an attempt to jog Winter Soldier/Bucky's memory, since the image of the outfit could potentially weaken his brainwashing implants. Seems very possible.

Also, I said in another thread, but I'm super happy to see Douglas in a Marvel movie and that Edgar Wright's main vision seems to be sticking.

Skab

I wonder what having both Pym and Lang in Ant-Man means for Avengers 2? Probably nothing, but I can't help but wonder if they couldn't still have Pym in his youth/the 60's, or whenever they set it, create what becomes Ultron or something.

J10

Banned
I wonder what having both Pym and Lang in Ant-Man means for Avengers 2? Probably nothing, but I can't help but wonder if they couldn't still have Pym in his youth/the 60's, or whenever they set it, create what becomes Ultron or something.

Ultron's movie origin is not going to be tied to Pym. They've already confirmed this.

Yeah there were rumors last year but then they scrapped the script and started over so those didn't go anywhere.

Huh. I wonder what Fox'll do to try to hold on to the property, then. Hope it doesn't end up having to go to court over technicalities; that'd be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom