• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasnt the Illuminati taken over the watch over the gems?

They were previously held by the Illuminati.

Namor - Power
Beast - Mind
Iron Man - Space
Dr. Strange - Soul
Reed Richards - Reality
Captain America - Time

All except for the Time Gem were mistakenly destroyed when they attempted to prevent another earth from colliding with Earth-616. (New Avengers Vol. 3)

The time gem, which was in Captain America's possession, vanished without a trace.

Mafro

Hasnt the Illuminati taken over the watch over the gems?
The New Avengers/Illuminati were looking after them. They reassembled the Infinity Gauntlet to try and help stop an incursion, but it was destroyed. All the gems were smashed apart from the time gem which just disappeared if I remember correctly.

Szu

They were previously held by the Illuminati.

Namor - Power
Beast - Mind
Iron Man - Space
Dr. Strange - Soul
Reed Richards - Reality
Captain America - Time

All except for the Time Gem were mistakenly destroyed when they attempted to prevent another earth from colliding with Earth-616. (New Avengers Vol. 3)

The time gem, which was in Captain America's possession, vanished without a trace.

What amuses me is that Beast took Xavier's spot in the Illuminati. Imagine if Prof X stayed and got the Mind gem. Talk about over-powered.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Two interesting tidbits:

The Marvel One-Shot to be included with Thor: The Dark World will be called "ALL HAIL THE KING"

Robert Downey Jr wants Mel Gibson & Jodie Foster to appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron

I'm betting the One Shot will be the project Ben Kingsley is working on.

48-year-old Downey Jr. has reportedly signed a deal with Marvel studios to make two more Avengers movies over the next five years, and while it's conceivable that Foster might be able to land a role in one of the films, Mel Gibson has almost no chance thanks to his anti-Semitic rants in the past.

"Marvel is run by one of the richest and most prominent Israeli businessmen in Hollywood, and you can be sure even if Robert got down on his knees and begged, there's no place for Mel in the Marvel films," the source said.

I can see Gibson as Baron Strucker, considering his anti-Semitic tendencies, lol.

Do we have on this point any informations if Coulson will re-appear in The Avengers 2?

I think that, based on the show so far, Marvel is pretty much committed to making sure that Agents of SHIELD is NEVER EVER EVER *required* viewing to understand certain plot points the way that the films will be. I could see Coulson appearing in Avengers: Age of Ultron, but if they did it it'd require explaining whatever's up with him in the film itself, which could take up a good bit of time.

And, if I recall correctly, Whedon's made comments about how it's unlikely that he'll appear in the film because it already has a lot to accomplish and there simply might not be enough room for Coulson to appear.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Thanks for the info.

I would rather see him return, he is one of my favourite characters, but its true, if they would include him, maybe there were to much charakters in the next Avengers movie

Thanks for the info.

I would rather see him return, he is one of my favourite characters, but its true, if they would include him, maybe there were to much charakters in the next Avengers movie
I know a lot of fans want him to become the Vision. We'll see, I guess.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I know a lot of fans want him to become the Vision. We'll see, I guess.

Thats why I asked^^ I heard that the next episode of Agents of Shield will feature the secret place he is refering to all the time and I still like the idea that he was pimped up to a Android. And with the Ultron stuff happening in the next movie it would be insanely great if they could introduce him as The Vision.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=92469

Filming of MCU taking place in South Africa. Could hint at Wakanda being introduced.

I've already come up with my speculation on what's gonna happen

Speculative theory: Ultron looking for that Vibranium upgrade brings the war to Wakanda where the Avengers follow. Death, chaos, destruction..... T'Chaka falls in combat saving an Avenger from a death blow delivered by Ultron.
T'Challa is set to take over as king of Wakanda, Nick Fury offers him a spot on the Avengers just as was previously offered (a position in SHIELD) but declined by his father many many years ago. The offer is neither accepted nor declined as pressing Wakanda business and tradition for inducting a new King from the line of heirs takes precedence to all other affairs.

Post credits scene can be T'Challa being notified that he's receiving an encrypted call from Nick Fury right after his crowning ceremony has concluded so he enters the private control room chamber behind the throne, where Fury debriefs him, reminds of the earlier offer and warns him of a threat in the area. T'Challa acknowledges and ends the call, then we see him accepting the mantle of The Black Panther. Credits roll.

This leads to the Black Panther solo movie and eventual inclusion in Avengers 3

richiek

New Captain America: The Winter Soldier trading card images:

2dbf.png

7mcg.png

1cnx.png

uijv.png

ewxz.png

aa7t.png

I'm not digging Scarjo's new do.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
iron man 2 was the best black widow hair by far. I like this one more than avengers though i was still stuck on the fineness of IM2 Black Widow.

J10

Banned
Black Widow is already established and Scarlet Witch is coming. I don't think either of those two are outside the realm of possibility. I really would like a Ms. Marvel film, but I wouldn't mind something further outside the box like She-Hulk, Firestar, White Tiger.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Black Widow is already established and Scarlet Witch is coming. I don't think either of those two are outside the realm of possibility. I really would like a Ms. Marvel film, but I wouldn't mind something further outside the box like She-Hulk, Firestar, White Tiger.

misty knight is the perfect choice. Tie in with the netflix chars, and with Tony Stark. Plus white tiger and more women could co star.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am pretty sure they will establish Misty Knight in the Luke Cage show.
For a Movie, I think Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel is far more realistic, even her powers are Space-based in some kind of way.

Ms. Marvel will probably be the main one.

Rumored to have her script ready.

Hulk would be fantastic but they need to use the movie to establish someone to talk in between him smashing.

Would love to see a Leader movie with multiple Hulks and establishing She Hulk. Would be fantastic.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Afro Misty Knight or GTFO.

Edit: Colleen Wing would be amazing and she's pretty much always tied to Misty/Luke/Danny, but I can't see for the life of me how they could handle their ethnicy without making a mess. She's part Chinese part Japanese, yet she has red hair, blue eyes and a perpetual pout.

cWDZTnq.jpg

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Afro Misty Knight or GTFO.

Edit: Colleen Wing would be amazing and she's pretty much always tied to Misty/Luke/Danny, but I can't see for the life of me how they could handle their ethnicy without making a mess. She's part Chinese part Japanese, yet she has red hair, blue eyes and a perpetual pout.

cWDZTnq.jpg

asian girl with red hair dye ,contacts and an unnecessary azian accent.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I believe Colleen is American born and raised, so that'd be kind of silly.

Surely enough, Iron Fist will provide plenty of Asian stereotypes and terrible accents.

richiek

Marvel One-Shot "All Hail The King" WILL feature Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery

all-hail-the-king-04.jpg

The Mandarin is the classic Iron Man nemesis, and while some fans were amused by the curveball Iron Man 3 threw out there regarding his “true nature,” others were outraged and furious.

All Hail the King reveals — they are not alone.

“Imagine a real terrorist organization whose beliefs were long held and religious for thousands of years, and imagine a drunk, British actor coming along and essentially telling the world that he’s the face of your organization,” Pearce tells EW. “I think they would be right to be quite angry.”

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I hated the twist at first, but later I realized that Fake Mandarin was the best part about that film. May he enjoy a long life of loose women and good coke.

Mandarin now is shown to be the Chinese equilavalent of Tony. He has his own business and such.

That should be where they are going iwth the Mandarin, a codename of an anti Stark type millionaire.

inky

The Mandarin was great in the movie. Too bad it was a crappy Iron Man movie... or it was a funny buddy cop movie, which happened to have Iron Man stuff in it, I guess.

Ms. Marvel will probably be the main one.

Rumored to have her script ready.

Hulk would be fantastic but they need to use the movie to establish someone to talk in between him smashing.

Would love to see a Leader movie with multiple Hulks and establishing She Hulk. Would be fantastic.

I feel like a Ms. Marvel film would be one in which she's called Captain Marvel (as she currently is in the comics).

And yeah, Marvel has said that they'd really love to get another Hulk film to happen. Hopefully that'll be a part of Phase 3.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Captain Marvel played by Jennifer Lawrence would print money.

I like JLaw and enjoy her acting as much as I enjoy her ladylumps, but she's no Carol Danvers. Captain Marvel needs to be focused as fuck yet feisty, stern looking and capable of kicking Captain America's ass without as much as breaking a sweat. She's a grown ass woman capable of stopping most supes on their tracks, not just a hot chick. She also needs to be older on account of her relationship with Jessica Jones.

Katee Sackhoff is the right pick.

inky

I think she'd look the part in the cap marvel costume.

The better question tho, is who would direct the movie. I think that would be much more important first to consider the casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom