• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddmyst

Apparently there's another big casting (rumor) coming out in an hour. Some "A-lister" other than Michael Douglas being cast.

If that happens, Disney would destroy them. I dont think Fox has the power to fight Disney in court.

In terms of production-before-having-a-script, though, if they've got a treatment and a script that's getting written, they could always just start filming explosions and screaming crowds and whatever and deal with the rest of it later, no?

No. If production not 100% started by the time, the rights revert. And Disney is already mad at Fox.

This happened with DD rights:

Marvel offered to extend DD if Fox would allow them to use FF properties(Doom, G, SS,Skrulls) but Fox said no and countered with this deal; Let us keep the DD rights and you fund the movie.

Yeah.

Posted in the other thread but it's Johnny Depp as Dr Strange

I kinda doubt it. Casting an actor before the film's been announced and a director has been chosen is kinda jumping the gun; I don't think many directors would really be down for having their casting choices made for them so blatantly.

God damn it. As much as I hate Johnny Depp, he would be a good fit for the role. Just keep Tim Burton off of the directing chair, and it'll be good.

Sesha

I kinda doubt it. Casting an actor before the film's been announced and a director has been chosen is kinda jumping the gun; I don't think many directors would really be down for having their casting choices made for them so blatantly.

Seems to be the standard blogger, "slow news day" kind of speculation: "What known actors fits the role of a weird ("strange", hyuck), non-typical hero type of character and has goatees a lot of the time? Why, it's Johnny Depp!".

Huh. Wonder what role he would play. It's crazy because with this switch-up they've done to focus on Lang instead of Pym, I can't really think of what other established characters may be involved. Will they cast an older Janet or have her be dead?

And will the female lead be Pym's daughter as others have suggested, or some other completely new character, or will she be a young Janet van Dyne herself?

I think we can also pretty safely say that those ridiculous Twitter rumors about Ant-Man being a film about Hank Pym time travelling and secretly solving everyone's problems throughout the events of Avengers 2 can be laid to rest.

I think we can also pretty safely say that those ridiculous Twitter rumors about Ant-Man being a film about Hank Pym time travelling and secretly solving everyone's problems throughout the events of Avengers 2 can be laid to rest.

Thankfully that horseshit was debunked a while ago, the guy who normally posts those rumours confirmed and proved it wasn't his account.

I do wonder if a time aspect will be involved, since I'm assuming every Phase 3 film will involve some Infinity Stone. But that was way overboard.

Thankfully that horseshit was debunked a while ago, the guy who normally posts those rumours confirmed and proved it wasn't his account.

I do wonder if a time aspect will be involved, since I'm assuming every Phase 3 film will involve some Infinity Stone. But that was way overboard.

Every Phase 3 film? Eh, I honestly really doubt it. Remember, by the end of GotG we'll have established three of the stones (I'm assuming that Captain America 2 won't establish one) and their whereabouts. That means that only three of the Phase 3 films need to introduce any new ones, and there'll likely be more than three films between Avengers 2 and Avengers 3.

If they want to go as far as introducing the Negative Zone in Ant-Man, then sure, they could find an Infinity Stone there. But I think that other films are probably more likely to result in that stuff (Dr. Strange is virtually a lock for introducing an Infinity Stone, I think).

We're supposed to hear more about MCU Phase 3, including confirmation of which films will be coming out in 2016, sometime in the next few months, if I recall correctly. They've already locked down May 5, 2016 and July 8, 2016 for unknown films, as well as May 6, 2017. But I think they're trying to do their best to make sure that they don't need to shoehorn an Infinity Stone Macguffin into every single MCU film leading up to Phase 3. Just, you know, some of them.

I hear that, Badcrumble. Also depends on if the Gauntlet will remain a factor, and if they will put that in a prior film or make it play a role in Avengers 3 itself.

I hear that, Badcrumble. Also depends on if the Gauntlet will remain a factor, and if they will put that in a prior film or make it play a role in Avengers 3 itself.

I strongly suspect that, if the Gauntlet appears at all, it'll only be in Avengers 3. Phase 3 has enough work cut out for itself introducing three more Infinity Stones, I think.

El Toro ?

Since Ant-Man is suppose to be an Heist movie make him a drug king pin ?

Yeah I just searched Ant-Man's villain page on marvel's wiki and he seems to fit the best of established characters. He has a pretty terrible rogue's gallery, though. I only recognized Whirlwind and Ultron. I would guess the other villain mentioned is Whirlwind or possibly Black Ant.

Nakazato

Yeah I just searched Ant-Man's villain page on marvel's wiki and he seems to fit the best of established characters. He has a pretty terrible rogue's gallery, though. I only recognized Whirlwind and Ultron. I would guess the other villain mentioned is Whirlwind or possibly Black Ant.

I remember humantop/Whirlwind just constantly getting clowned growing up. But hes a mutant so he might be stuck with fox,

Wow so yeah, it sounds like it could be exactly as some of us were thinking. If the female lead is Pym's daughter she is probably going to end up being the 2nd Wasp or something.

PLOT TWIST: Jones is Janet van Dyne in the 60s, Howard is her daughter in the modern era with Lang.

And how reliable do you think this is? If true, it pretty much confirms that a sizeable part of the movie would focus on the 60s era Ant-Man, just like Wright's original script. Later rumours said that they had scrapped this, but I guess introducing Lang is how they can tie it to the overall Avengers Phase 3 narrative.

I'm liking this approach they're taking with Douglas/Old Pym more and more.

Kinda makes me suspect even more that part of the plot of Captain America 2 will be about revealing that Hydra is still around.

Ovid

I have zero input as to what people people are cast in our movies but I really want Laura Vandervoot to play Ms. Marvel.

What do you guys think?

shield

Now that 'All Hail the King' has a logo, I've updated this thing:

zLG7BeE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom