• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Apparently this is promo art but I can't find an official source.
1910513_1267967256553177_6156436539332861616_n.jpg

IT'S
MAYBE
HAPPENING
KezQrb.gif

edit: source is this FB page

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just hunted down the US Steelbook of Incredible Hulk. So I own a complete Set of MCU Blu-Ray Steelbooks. Yay!

Its a little bit flawed but I am happy that I finally have all of them.

Anyone of my fellow MCUGaffers bought some of the new Zavvi Steels? I got Captain America directly from the shop and Thor second hand from ebay but in almost perfect condition.

Quick

Banned
and lets be honest if the non-MCU Marvel and DC films deliver this year we could be looking at possibly the greatest year of all time when it comes to comic book movies

very exciting :)

I'm excited that DC's getting the ball rolling on their own cinematic universe. Not just because of the projects they have lined up (really excited to see a live-action Wonder Woman movie), but also because it'll keep Marvel on their toes.

strafer

seeing that march date for the return of AoS...it hurts...so long :(

the longer the break the longer Fitz stays in the friendzone

Anth0ny

I'm excited that DC's getting the ball rolling on their own cinematic universe. Not just because of the projects they have lined up (really excited to see a live-action Wonder Woman movie), but also because it'll keep Marvel on their toes.

Exactly, and that's why some of the fanboy BS you see around the internet is so annoying. DC kicking ass will only do one thing: light a fire under Marvel and force them to continue to bring the goods and not get comfortable.

Everyone wins that way.

We've reached the point where we've got live action superheroes all year round and most of it is good.

We won.

It's really hard to be pessimistic these days since yeah, we won. We have quality comic book content all year round now, for foreseeably the next decade at least

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conte...talks-not-regretting-bring-back-coulson-video

Joss Whedon on his involvement in the MCU:

Will you have any involvement in the wider Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Whedon: No. You know I was their sort of conciliary for a while... We do not discuss our thing... [audience laughter] But, I sort of had my finger in all of the films in the second phase, but then I just had to concentrate only on Ultron, and sort of know when it was done I was just going to stop. So I made a completely clean break - not because we had a falling out - just because I was like, "I can't..." If I was still there going, "Well, here are my thoughts on this film," I'd be there every day. I wouldn't do anything else because there are a lot of films, and it is a lot of fun. It's very seductive. When you can put your little fairy dust on things and just improve them slighty, and they actually listen to you... I was a script doctor for a long time, and the part where they listen to you was very rare; so it was very important for my own self to go "we can still be friends," but...

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

I know AoU felt like a disaster for some, but props to Joss for doing a hell of a lot of work during Phase 2 that we'll probably never appreciate. Dude deserves a break.

Thank god we have Agent Carter returning.

Anyone else get the feeling there won't be a S3? I know we're miles away from any reasonable guess, I just have a horrible feeling for some reason.

tomtom94

If anything AoU proves that Whedon and Marvel parting ways is probably for the best, given that the film's faults are a combination of excess from both producer ("you have to include the Thor scene") and director ("hang on, there's room for another quip in here somewhere"), which proves that they're not really working together as well as they should be.

Vibranium

Banned
Exactly, and that's why some of the fanboy BS you see around the internet is so annoying. DC kicking ass will only do one thing: light a fire under Marvel and force them to continue to bring the goods and not get comfortable.

Everyone wins that way.

I hate how on GAF some people claim that there are tons of blind Marvel movie fans, when generally from what I've seen in this community thread a lot of us are also really positive towards DC. I don't see why you can't be fans of both.

Vibranium

Banned
I know AoU felt like a disaster for some, but props to Joss for doing a hell of a lot of work during Phase 2 that we'll probably never appreciate. Dude deserves a break.

My biggest problems were too many quips (DD handles humor well) and Ultron itself. He should have been a more serious character, maybe he could have just started with Tony's jokey personality and then progressed to the Ultron we know from the comics. His design also should have been straight-up classic from the beginning.

I was not aware he was THAT involved. I like Joss, there hasn't been a single thing of his I disliked, but AoU was definitely weaker than things I've watched by him previously.

Honestly, it's kind of hard to say whether or not it's totally for the best. I mean, not long after AoU came out (a movie Joss was open about not ending up the way he had planned it and that he had less control than normal), everything went to Feige. I always thought it was unfair that people blame Marvel for stifling any other director, but when it's Joss all the blame gets put on him. I see far too much "Marvel making sure that machine turns out the same movie and doesn't want directors to creatively express themselves," but then when it's Joss it's "OH MAN WHAT A SHIT DIRECTOR EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!

I'm not saying that the MCU is going to plummet. I don't think that'll happen for awhile (a good long while), but to automatically act like Joss leaving is the best thing to happen is a bit hyperbolic. Especially with the new climate.

I'm prepared to be chastised for defending Joss, now. Because that usually happens.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm prepared to be chastised for defending Joss, now. Because that usually happens.
Just fuck the haters. Without Whedon and The Avengers, the MCU wouldnt be what it is today.

And I am OK with someone other doing the other movies. But the Russos still have to proof that they can make esemble pieces.

Joss was the right man at the right time, but the MCU itself is continuing to mature and grow in new and different ways. I think the Russo Brothers are better equipped to handle this next step. When Phase 4 hits, there will probably be yet another set of hands to pass the MCU into. But for the immediate future, things could not be looking better IMO. We have Joss to thank for helping get us where it is today. I believe he'll probably be back again some day in some capacity or other. For now, he's earned his time off.

eastx

More than seeing him on a Movie I would like to see him another comic at Marvel.

He knocked Astonishing X-Men out of the park, so I'm all for another comic from him too.

(In reply to other comments on this page) I understand having a hard time forgiving Whedon for Age of Ultron, but he's still the guy who made the great first Avengers film and punched up a bunch of others. Silly to vilify him over one divisive movie.

I don't have to forgive Whedon for anything because I fucking loved Age of Ultron lol

Yeah it had problems but some people act like its another Batman & Robin

Pachimari

Did I miss something? Who in here "dislikes" Joss Whedon?

I for one think that Age of Ultron were incredibly average and an actual disappointment, and I am to some degree happy that Joss is skipping out on Infinity War but that's only because he is exhausted and that the Russos are his replacement.

Though, Age of Ultron is by no means bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom