• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned

lhjhbB9.gif

inky

After watching that awful Independence Day 2 trailer something dawned on me... Captain Marvel is totally going to be an alien invasion type of movie, right?

jBX8nGI.png

I feel dumb for not realizing this before.

duckroll

After watching that awful Independence Day 2 trailer something dawned on me... Captain Marvel is totally going to be an alien invasion type of movie, right?

jBX8nGI.png

Can't spell Marvel Movie without a generic army of lifeless CG drones and a superbly cast but criminally underused villain leading them. :p

jBX8nGI.png

Don't know how they could do that without making it an Avengers 2-1 ala Civil War. Then again maybe that's the plan, or maybe the rest of the Avengers are off world in between Infinity War 1 and 2.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

jBX8nGI.png

meh will probably be more of an invasion of 1, possibly mar veil, otherwise i would expect a kree sentry. Hard to tell though but the smart money is on the relationship of caroll and mar veil ending with his death so she can carry on the title.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Giant Man spotted in LEGO Civil War sets:

JllPEMH.jpg

I know LEGO sets are not film accurate a lot of times, but one can dream!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You know what would be amazing? If the Mandarin crashes the Civil War fight in his flamethrower buggy from the Lego set.

AMUSIX

I love the dynamic action of Agent 13 losing people's luggage. *Woosh* go the bags that were supposed to make their 9am connection to Chicago!

The Russo bros talk about Captain America Civil War and Avengers Infinity War.

I'm pretty hyped at what the Russos will bring to Infinity War.

They're really holding their cards close to their chest when it comes to Infinity War. I liked everything they said in this interview. They have a real handle on things.

"We realize that Infinity War will be the culmination of 20 movies. Viewers will absolutely not be disappointed."

Fuck yeah.

tomtom94

I can see him maybe doing some script doctoring like he did during phase 2, but I don't think his heart's in it right now tbh.

When I saw him at a speaking event a couple of months ago he seemed to have other plans in the works, too, which might put the kibosh on that.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
About 5 mins in, he stresses that there will be "tall characters, big characters" in the Infinity War films.

Galactus is pretty tall

Seriously though, I wonder who he's talking about.
It's obviously Gia--
Giant Man, obviously.
My man.

I was thinking Celestials as well. Wasn't one already hollowed out in Guardians?
Yes, Knowhere is the head of a dead Celestial.

Star-Lord's father is a celestial, no? That would explain why he was able sustain the infinity stone for so long.
Unless it happened to be a tiny Celestial, I don't think so. I'm guessing it'll end up being an Eternal.
Also, I still believe that the reason he could hold as long as he did was because he's half Terran, after all Jane (a full Terran) was able to hold onto the Aether for quite a while.

Merry Christmas, MCU-GAF!
Merry Xmas!!

I just died from cuteness.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I never knew his rights weren't with Marvel.

Seems an odd character to sell the rights of.
Indeed. Are there possibly like...I don't know how to phrase this without sounding absolutely ridiculous... Are all Fantastic Four characters lumped together, and are all X-Men characters lumped together? Or are there...tiers, if you will, that revert back after x amount of time?

Indeed. Are there possibly like...I don't know how to phrase this without sounding absolutely ridiculous... Are all Fantastic Four characters lumped together, and are all X-Men characters lumped together? Or are there...tiers, if you will, that revert back after x amount of time?

I believe if a character is affiliated with the X-Men or has been debuted in an X-Men comic or has ties to the X-Men in some way, it is in that pool. But if you are a mutant and you debut in an X-Men comic but become an Avenger and become affiliated with them, then the rights are in limbo. I think it all just comes down to affiliation, with no tiers whatsoever. The studios bought the rights to all those characters affiliated with FF or X-men when the contract was signed. It would be kind of stupid to say "You need to make a movie with the core Fantastic Four every 7 years for the rights to stay, but if you don't use H.E.R.B.I.E. in those movies after 10 years, we only get H.E.R.B.I.E." If anything, that would make things more confusing.

Same with the FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom