• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
Two alternate costumes Marvel were looking at:

ao793id.jpg

I like the colour on this one but fucking christ those ears.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Don't think either of those are better to be honest. I don't have a problem with the show's suit though. The only issue has always been how the cowl fits Cox's head and chin.

And remember that artwork tells a different story than real life execution. This is the concept art for the one from the show:

555a8172ce563.jpg

The Kree

Banned
Not even slightly. Slavish adherence to the comics is not the best way to go, case in point Captain America's Avengers outift.

Yes it is. Netflix outfit is boring and dumb. Too much black, covered nose, bulky helmet. It's doesn't look like Daredevil and it's wack. I'm not asking for slavish adherence. I'm asking for it to not be wack.

Only thing wrong with Cap's Avengers suit was the lack of chinstrap.

Yes it is. Netflix outfit is boring and dumb. Too much black, covered nose, bulky helmet. It's doesn't look like Daredevil and it's wack. I'm not asking for slavish adherence. I'm asking for it to not be wack.

But that first concept is wack. Especially those weird ass baby goblin ears that look like they're growing from his cheeks.

Don't think either of those are better to be honest. I don't have a problem with the show's suit though. The only issue has always been how the cowl fits Cox's head and chin.

And remember that artwork tells a different story than real life execution. This is the concept art for the one from the show.
100% agree. Though I find the ear concept interesting, I'm not sure it would have translated to real life ok and as many complaints they've had about the current suit, imagine it with those.

Ahasverus

And remember that artwork tells a different story than real life execution. This is the concept art for the one from the show:
So it's the actors fault? That suit is very cool.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I like the design Netflix went with, but still think the biggest single problem in execution is materials. The shiny canvas texture on the real life suit looks all wrong and cheap. Aside from that, it was just the neck and jaws of the cowl that needed to be tightened up.

Of course there's also the issue of the costume reveal coming off Murdock's cool-as-shit, gritty urban ninja outfit. Which made him look incredibly capable, acrobatic, and badass.

Ordinarily I'd actually recommend they'd have stuck with that, but it was a major plot point that Daredevil needed an armored suit or he wasn't going to survive much longer.

So it's the actors fault? That suit is very cool.

I wouldn't say it's his "fault", but the shape of his head does provide a challenge. I think if you put say the Nolan Batman cowl on him, it would still look kind of weird. At that point, it's up to the costume designer (both the artist and wardrobe) to adjust the design as best as possible.

Jonogunn

The line "you chose the wrong side" has come up a lot in the marvel universe.

Rumlow said it in Wonter Soldier.
Cross said it in Ant-Man.
I'm pretty sure it was said some time in Agents of SHIELD.
And now Civil War.

eastx

The line "you chose the wrong side" has come up a lot in the marvel universe.

Rumlow said it in Wonter Soldier.
Cross said it in Ant-Man.
I'm pretty sure it was said some time in Agents of SHIELD.
And now Civil War.

And now you're going to point it out like it's a bad thing? You chose the wrong side, buddy.

Anth0ny

I kinda wish he just kept this look:

It looks so fucking great in live action. I feel like the traditional Daredevil costume is going to look kinda goofy no matter what. Clashes with the tone of the show.

It looks so fucking great in live action. I feel like the traditional Daredevil costume is going to look kinda goofy no matter what. Clashes with the tone of the show.

1000% agreed. The suit is not necessary and it freaking looks deformed.

IHaveIce

Banned
Is it just me or does it seem like cap is totally in the wrong this time... After the trailers I just can't help but think what he does is super dumb

Is it just me or does it seem like cap is totally in the wrong this time... After the trailers I just can't help but think what he does is super dumb

It probably is "super dumb" from a legal standpoint but it doesn't appear he gives any fucks. He's doing what he has to in order to prevent Bucky from being killed for a crime he apparently didn't commit.

At this point Cap appears to have broken free from both the government and Avengers. If he's not dead by the end of this movie he'll at least be in government custody.

Interfectum

Totally agree. The minute he switched outfits I was like wtf... His initial one works perfect for live action... it's even kind of creepy.

He fought to take SHIELD out of the shadows but then fights reasonable regulation of it. He's also helping a wanted killer only because he is his ally. I don't think he could be any more America in this case.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He fought to take SHIELD out of the shadows but then fights reasonable regulation of it. He's also helping a wanted killer only because he is his ally. I don't think he could be any more America in this case.
A killer that was mind controlled and couldnt do anything against it.
I hope they put Barton on the electric chair, too. Same thing, he also killed a lot of people and turned against the US.

A killer that was mind controlled and couldnt do anything against it.
I hope they put Barton on the electric chair, too. Same thing, he also killed a lot of people and turned against the US.

That's fair. Bring back the dead families Bucky killed and he can walk with Cap into the sunset. If RedSkull had been mind controlled, Cap would still bring him in.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That's fair. Bring back the dead families Bucky killed and he can walk with Cap into the sunset. If RedSkull had been mind controlled, Cap would still bring him in.
Then would be the guy who controlled the Red Skull the one who is to blame. I dunno, maybe its because I read Comicbooks, but the Mindcontrol thing is a OK execuse for me in a Comicbook movie.

But you ditched the Barton argument, those guys he killed or who where killed in the attack he lead had families to, why shouldnt he get the chair?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

The killer is a POW that was brain wiped and kept on ice for decades. He fought to level SHIELD not bring it into the light or reform it, but end. When the avengers start taking out people with Kang the Conquerors time traveling then we have a comparison.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-expect-big-things-from-heimdall-in-thor-ragnarok

Latino Review has details on a character death in Thor: Ragnarok.

It's Heimdall.

According to LR's sources about the developing THOR: RAGNAROK story, Hela will take Asgard and, Thor attempts to stop her. Hela lays the smackdown on the God of Thunder, destroying his hammer and straight up murdering Thor's friend Heimdall (Idris Elba). In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, there's a scene in the cave where Thor has visions. In that vision, it was Elba's Heimdall that warned Thor of "Hel" right before the visions of the Infinity Stones took over. Now it looks like Heimdall might literally go to Hel. Thor and audiences probably won't take Heimdall's death well, as it happens earlier than you'd expect. But don't worry, Elba won't bow out of the MCU so easily. The final showdown with Hela will feature an army of the dead commanded by the villainess doing battle with good Valkyries from Valhalla and the souls of the righteous fallen, including Heimdall.

I'm watching Daredevil again and the first time, it was so entertaining that I never thought about it, but what exactly was Kingpin aiming to do? He claims it's too save the city, but I can't see the villain's perspective like I usually do. All I see him doing is killing folk and what is his hustle exactly. Slinging rocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom