• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Well, there are 24 Bond films

And when Inhumans releases in July 2019, it'll be the 23rd MCU film

So by summer 2020, yes, the MCU will be there, but by then I'm sure there will be a 25th Bond movie, so we'd have to wait another six months to tie =P

Plus who knows how many seasons of TV in the MCU by then! At least eight from Netflix, at least two from Carter and possibly six from SHIELD!

heh, there you go.

I can see it now. $500 set of EVERY MCU TV show and film, all in an Iron Man helmet ala the Power Rangers LE set:

T4xZjnA.jpg

and then 6 months later it'll be outdated thanks to two new Netflix shows and 3 new films ;)

mreddie

Sounds good. Marvel can put it on the schedule and delay it every time a more "important" male-driven movie comes up. Solo Wasp will delay along with Captain Marvel's solo debut in 2024.

Carol's movie will come in 2019, people will flip if Marvel pushes it back again. As for Wasp, Hope is just Natasha but shrinks, still baffled why they couldn't use Janet.

El Topo

Sounds good. Marvel can put it on the schedule and delay it every time a more "important" male-driven movie comes up. Solo Wasp will delay along with Captain Marvel's solo debut in 2024.

In my head I picture Marvel desperately trying to get the rights for FF back just so they can delay Captain Marvel.
"Hey, sorry, we gotta make a FF movie first, then a Silver Surfer movie, then sequels to other movies, then we will definitely make a Captain Marvel movie. Totally. Oh shit, we just got Namor back. Sorry."

Carol's movie will come in 2019, people will flip if Marvel pushes it back again. As for Wasp, Hope is just Natasha but shrinks, still baffled why they couldn't use Janet.

As if Marvel would give a shit about the social media outrage. See also this incomplete collection of Feige quotes.

curb

Banned
In my head I picture Marvel desperately trying to get the rights for FF back just so they can delay Captain Marvel.
"Hey, sorry, we gotta make a FF movie first, then a Silver Surfer movie, then sequels to other movies, then we will definitely make a Captain Marvel movie. Totally. Oh shit, we just got Namor back. Sorry."

As if Marvel would give a shit about the social media outrage. See also this incomplete collection of Feige quotes.

I was originally just joking. Now I feel sad.

curb

Banned
They're not getting the Fantastic Four back. That would probably cost way too much.

I feel like Marvel has a way better chance of getting the FF back than X-Men after the last FF movie. I'm not invested enough in the FF to actually care though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Makes no sense when Hank Pym is old as shit.
Its better that way and we will likely see Janet in the Sequel anyway.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Because Edgar Wright wrote a movie about Scott Lang, not Hank Pym. That Wasp was in it in any form at all was at the producer's insistence.

It was Peyton Reed that insisted that Hope and Janet get bigger roles in the film. Edgar Wright did now pay much attention to Wasp in his screenplay.

richiek

http://news.yahoo.com/mark-ruffalo-promises-epic-arc-for-hulk-across-173437861.html

I found this interview from Mark Ruffalo that seems to indicate that Marvel is putting more Hulk into Thor: Ragnarok because they can't release a Hulk standalone film.

“I’d love to do a Hulk movie, but that’s beyond my control,” he said. “It’s controlled by Universal. Marvel doesn’t even hold the rights to it. So, it’s not on the horizon. And I don’t know if it will be.”

“But we’ve worked a really interesting arc into ‘Thor 3′, ‘Avengers 3′ and ‘4′ for Banner that I think will – when it’s all added up – will feel like a Hulk movie, a standalone movie.”

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Black Widow was excellent with Cap in Winter Soldier, I'm all for it if it's something akin to that but with Hulk and Thor.

http://news.yahoo.com/mark-ruffalo-promises-epic-arc-for-hulk-across-173437861.html

I found this interview from Mark Ruffalo that seems to indicate that Marvel is putting more Hulk into Thor: Ragnarok because they can't release a Hulk standalone film.

absolutely something i'm okay with. I like that the heroes who can't get their own films, for various reasons, can have cumulative arcs in multiple films that do feel like they're getting as much development as the big names.

As a big fan of MCU Natasha I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out for her in Civil War.

guek

Banned
I'm still sad there's no Hulk in Civil War though. I wanted Hulk vs. Abomination round 2 or maybe even see Red Hulk get his face smashed

I'm still sad there's no Hulk in Civil War though. I wanted Hulk vs. Abomination round 2

Because fuck Red Hulk. And even if Red Hulk does come about, I wouldn't want it to begin and end in this movie. The most interesting thing about Red Hulk was the mystery, and if they plan on doing him, then they need to at least do the most interesting part.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'm still sad there's no Hulk in Civil War though. I wanted Hulk vs. Abomination round 2 or maybe even see Red Hulk get his face smashed

If this Planet Hulk rumor is true, I wouldn't be massively surprised to see a post-credits scene with General Ross/Loki banishing Banner into space.

Hope he makes a small appearance in Luke Cage tbh. It's not too late for that, right?

If the actor's already been cast and they're just holding on to it, who knows how long ago it was done and if he's been involved with any production already. As far as I'm aware Luke Cage is still shooting and its very possible he has a role.

guek

Banned
Because fuck Red Hulk. And even if Red Hulk does come about, I wouldn't want it to begin and end in this movie. The most interesting thing about Red Hulk was the mystery, and if they plan on doing him, then they need to at least do the most interesting part.

I hate Red Hulk too but I'd still love to see him get stomped. Mostly I just want to see Hulk fight someone of equal or greater strength again.

The Kree

Banned
Yeah, Starfox would also be pretty cool. I just like the idea of using more of the 3000 Guardians in skewed ways like they did with Yondu.

richiek

New interview with Taika Waititi on Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok:

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard...rmined-to-make-thunder-god-more-than-just-abs

What kind of Hulk will we be getting?

When asked how that may play out in the film, Waititi replied, "It's interesting, because at the moment, there's a big conversation that's happening about how far to push that. Whether or not The Hulk should be [verbal/conscious]."

When asked how that may play out in the film, Waititi replied, "It's interesting, because at the moment, there's a big conversation that's happening about how far to push that. Whether or not The Hulk should be [verbal/conscious]."

Please let us have a talking Hulk in the MCU.

Pachimari

It seems they are halfway through the process of putting together the plot. I hope Sif and the Three Warriors will be in it honestly. And make it that epic LOTR in space please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom