• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Constantin actually owns or co-owns the rights to make F4 movies. But, they are a production company without a financier. So they go with Fox to finance the movies & distribute them while Constantin does the actual production work. All creative direction must lie with Fox, but Fox cannot make a movie without Constantin as a production company involved because Constantin owns the rights to the F4 in film.
Could disney step in and just replace fox?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Even with Legion and the Matt Nix unnamed series happening, not enough salt in the world for this.

friends, you just have to believe.

I believed Spidey would come home, against all odds, and now look at my avatar. LOOK AT IT.

The same will happen with Reed Richards' friends and foes.
Fixed, let's focus on the important stuff first.

Simo

Posted this in the GOTG thread but for those not following it..
asset_P_4-5.png

Neoxon

Posted this in the GOTG thread but for those not following it..
asset_P_4-5.png
I guess the rumors of Yondu & Nebula joining the team were true. I'm also liking the first look at Mantis. She isn't as green as I would have hoped, but she otherwise looks pretty faithful to her comic book counterpart (right down the iconic skirt). But to be fair, she did have a human-esque skin pigment in the Avengers comics, so I suppose that James Gunn was allowed some leeway in that regard.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
That's actually a clever way of getting around. The only issue is that he may get tired of having to constantly whistle to keep moving.

There's also the fact that he's holding onto it vertically with all his body weight. Yondu is a Galactic Ninja Warrior.

Neoxon

For the record, I totally called Star-Lord's chest armor doubling as a jetpack.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that Yondu's head-fin grew longer?

As for Rocket, it looks like he's now wearing a blue outfit (possibly the same one from the end of Vol. 1) with a hint of red in it, which is reminiscent of his 2008 GotG uniform. He also does indeed have a jetpack similar to Star-Lord's.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Couldn't tell for sure with the silhouette from some months ago, but the version of Baby Groot they're going with in the sequel looks exactly like the original Groot Funko for the first movie.

41wg7EtPiRL.jpg

roUeI2t.gif

It is Groot.
Eeeh, I guess I'll just think baby groot as new character. That way it didn't cheapen old groot sacrifice. Beside, baby groot seems to attach itself to Drax of all people instead to Rocket. I'll take that as sign that baby groot is not the same groot as old groot.

The Kree

Banned
Eeeh, I guess I'll just think baby groot as new character. That way it didn't cheapen old groot sacrifice. Beside, baby groot seems to attach itself to Drax of all people instead to Rocket. I'll take that as sign that baby groot is not the same groot as old groot.
Maybe wait for the movie.

I know I'm late on this but I WANT TO BELIEVE! At least we won't have to wait long for "confirmation".

I mean, I know I know, random geek blog I've never heard before saying they heard it from a source. Yeah... not getting my hopes up., But MAN would the F4 be great to have back for Phase 4. Not only would the numbering be perfect. I've always thought they could easily do the origin story as part of the aftermath of Infinity War (Government wants more protection against cosmic threats, sets up Richards and co. to study cosmic rays), THEN they could introduce Inhumans and have them be part of their own thing.

Also, GotG2 looking awesome! Man the 1 week wait for ComicCon is going to be HARD.

BLACKLAC

Thor: Ragnarok director talks making one of Marvel's 'biggest and most different' movies

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/15/12203692/thor-ragnarok-director-taika-waititi-marvel

"I feel like a guest in Marvel's universe but with the creative freedom to do what I want," Waititi told Polygon from his place in Australia, where they're currently filming.
"I think this is the most different Marvel movie to date and one of the biggest," Waititi said, adding that without Marvel CEO Kevin Feige's trust and hands-off approach as an executive producer on the project, he probably couldn't have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom