• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

I wanted to get a Star-Lord red leather jacket at the mall, but I walked out with a leather jacket similar to Captain America casual leather jacket from Winter Soldier since the red didn't suit me.

Neoxon

13620087_1330338673646492_9182113497259983052_n.jpg
13626604_536735336518338_6443780227365874891_n.jpg

Neoxon

God, that illustration is such a tease. C'mon Ike, Kevin... give the people what they want.
I feel like it's more of working things out with Sony than anything else. If I recall, the MCU Spider-Man deal as of right now doesn't include TV/Netflix stuff.

Anth0ny

I'm on the same boat as you, my friend. This could result in the end of the BS Fox feud.

My predictions for comic con:

"Phase 4 of the MCU is going to be.... fantastic"

"Also MVC4 featuring wolvie doom magneto storm and sentinel coming March 2017"

"And wolverine will be in infinity war"

Neoxon

Don't do this to me, man.
Besides, MvC4 is 3 years out at best, if it's even happening at all.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Bring MVC3's Phoenix back pls. Also Super Skrull was an excellent choice for them to feature all 4 powers into one tho.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Keeping my expectations real low.

Like real real low.

I think it's pretty sane to do that. As far as Fox and their relationship with F4 I think they realise that it's pretty much a waste of time. If Disney launches The Incredibles for real they've pretty much replaced the need for a F4 movie. Better team up, give Marvel what they want and keep some of the profits. In it's current state F4 is a dead property.

curb

Banned
It seems like every time Marvel and Fox talk about their TV deal, someone jumps to the conclusion that it's in trade for some movie rights. I'm ignoring all these "rumors" now and am taking the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

The Kree

Banned
Getting your hopes up over clickbait from a random know-nothing geek blog is silly. Y'all should know better.

Variety, Deadline, THR, The Wrap, Collider, Joblo, BMD, AICN - these are the sites that'll know, if anybody knows anything. They staff real reporters who actually break stories. Everybody else is copy/pasting from them, and writing up wild speculation based on random tweets and reddit posts.

TDLink

Getting your hopes up over clickbait from a random know-nothing geek blog is silly. Y'all should know better.

Variety, Deadline, THR, The Wrap, Collider, Joblo, BMD, AICN - these are the sites that'll know, if anybody knows anything. They staff real reporters who actually break stories. Everybody else is copy/pasting from them, and writing up wild speculation based on random tweets and reddit posts.

To be fair those sites also don't report rumours. If they run an article you can take it as 100% confirmed. Maybe they report before an official press release comes out, but they don't publish unless they are hearing things are definitely happening from multiple reliable sources without a doubt..

These random blogs that only hear from one or two random sources don't do that at all and sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong.

jmood88

I'm pretty sure that if I monetized my YouTube videos and made every title some bullshit Marvel rumor, I'd have enough to live on the revenue just from the amount of people on this site who search for any unsourced rumor they can find.

Anth0ny

friends, you just have to believe.

I believed Spidey would come home, against all odds, and now look at my avatar. LOOK AT IT.

The same will happen with Reed Richards' friends and foes.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
So is it only a matter of striking a deal with Fox or would Constantin Film have to be involved?

Constantin Film would be involved, they are the owners of the film rights. I couldn't tell you who would be talking to who in discussions, though. Fox is the distributor, though Genre Films might be involved too?

Who knows.

What I've been wanting to know is, who is Constantin films, as in how big are they, who owns them, other properties, etc etc?

What is their real relationship with Fox?

And why hasn't Disney just bought them outright?

El Topo

What I've been wanting to know is, who is Constantin films, as in how big are they, who owns them, other properties, etc etc?

What is their real relationship with Fox?

And why hasn't Disney just bought them outright?

Constantin Film is a German film distribution and production company. Their history is a bit complicated, but originally goes back to the 1950s. They are (iirc) part of the small media company called Constantin Medien, which had a revenue of roughly €500m in 2015, with (if I understand their financial report) about €272m coming from films. The company is mostly focussed on the German market and is involved in various (mostly local) TV productions. I don't think they're publicly listed anymore, nor do I think given their focus on the German market it would make sense to buy them.

They produce Shadowhunters, the TV show based on the Mortal Instruments books, as well as various German shows and TV movies . They have been involved in various successful German movies, such as The Neverending Story, Der bewegte Mann, Der Schuh des Manitu, Downfall or recently Fack Ju Göhte. They're occasionally involved in international productions, most famously the Resident Evil movies. Have you seen a Paul W. S. Anderson movie? Chances are they were involved. I'd say their German movies are not too bad actually, shame I can't say the same about their international productions or TV shows.

I have no idea what their relation with Fox is. Can't really find anything on Fox or FF in their financial report.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Benefits both FOX & Marvel to share FF4 rights

Would be more surprised if it doesn't happen.
Agreed, although would Marvel really try to cram them into to the already super packed Phase 3? I think this will happen eventually just like Spider-Man did, but I'm not going to get excited about it just yet because I wouldn't be shocked if this announcement is really still a few years off.

El Topo
Thank you for that. I've looked them up before briefly a long while ago and came up with not a whole lot.

Agreed, although would Marvel really try to cram them into to the already super packed Phase 3? I think this will happen eventually just like Spider-Man did, but I'm not going to get excited about it just yet because I wouldn't be shocked if this announcement is really still a few years off.

If they take the TV route as was suggested in the rumor, this could be the crossover between TV and movies that Feige was saying would happen "sooner than we think" not so long ago.

Anth0ny

Fantastic Phase 4

the branding writes itself

They announced the phase 3 schedule in 2014, a bit after GotG was released. Judging by that, we'll see the phase 4 plan roll out in a couple years. I'd be surprised if they said anything about that at this point.

Constantin Film is a German film distribution and production company. Their history is a bit complicated, but originally goes back to the 1950s. They are (iirc) part of the small media company called Constantin Medien, which had a revenue of roughly €500m in 2015, with (if I understand their financial report) about $272m coming from films. The company is mostly focussed on the German market and is involved in various (mostly local) TV productions. I don't think they're publicly listed anymore, nor do I think given their focus on the German market it would make sense to buy them.

They produce Shadowhunters, the TV show based on the Mortal Instruments books, as well as various German shows and TV movies . They have been involved in various successful German movies, such as The Neverending Story, Der bewegte Mann, Der Schuh des Manitu, Downfall or recently Fack Ju Göhte. They're occasionally involved in international productions, most famously the Resident Evil movies. Have you seen a Paul W. S. Anderson movie? Chances are they were involved. I'd say their German movies are not too bad actually, shame I can't say the same about their international productions or TV shows.

I have no idea what their relation with Fox is. Can't really find anything on Fox or FF in their financial report.

I believe Constantin actually owns or co-owns the rights to make F4 movies. But, they are a production company without a financier. So they go with Fox to finance the movies & distribute them while Constantin does the actual production work. All creative direction must lie with Fox, but Fox cannot make a movie without Constantin as a production company involved because Constantin owns the rights to the F4 in film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom