• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

New Doctor Strange poster

13700195_1429162320433669_5837811038014660898_n.jpg
This looks like a promotional screenshot for a game.

Pachimari

Jon Bernthal made a surprise appearance at the Luke Cage panel. Again mentioning that he knows how important this character is to the fans, the military and police forces.

Asked by Loeb about what The Punisher means to him, he added: "I've said it before; I know how much [The Punisher] means to you guys. I take that with me every day and I know how much this character matters. I know how much he means to members of the military, law enforcement and I take it as an enormous responsibility and enormous honour and I'm eternally grateful."

The video of his appearance is here. And hightlights from the Luke Cage panel can be found here.

Pachimari

What am I meant to be looking at?

The car is a huge hint at Ghost Rider. Robbie uses a car, instead of a motorcycle.

---

Joe Quesada reveals that Iron Fist will have more villains than any of the other Defenders:

"The cast is amazing. Another show that will be completely different from Luke, Jessica and Daredevil. That's really our goal. We're trying to offer four shows, that live in the same universe but offer fans a completely different look. Martial arts will play a huge part in Iron Fist."

I would also say that Iron Fist has more villains, in our first season, than any of our other shows. There's a lot going on. Scott Buck, the showrunner and his writing team have created a fantastic story for us and have wove in some great legends from Marvel present past. We're still in production so we're not quite at the point where we'll begin promoting it but I think fans are going to dig it. "

Source: IGN

I have so many high hopes for this tv show. Clearly my most anticipated superhero anything.

I really didn't believe it when the rumors started. I figured a character like Ghost Rider was too big for Agents of Shield.

I still mostly feel that way.

They might be feeling the heat from the superpowered shows on the CW, but if that was the case, they had all last season to ramp up with Inhumans. So hell if I know...

curb

Banned
They might be feeling the heat from the superpowered shows on the CW, but if that was the case, they had all last season to ramp up with Inhumans. So hell if I know...

I could see that. I just seems like they've been saving anything with real potential for movies or Netflix. AoS seems to get the scraps (Quake excluded
I guess
). I can't help but think they know this'll be the last season unless Ghost Rider is a final hail mary attempt to attract viewers.

Pachimari

I'll cry tears the day Agents of Shield is cancelled. It's not that good but still a guilty pleasure of mine, and I need my Marvel fix every week.

[edit] Another look at the Hot Toys Daredevil figure at display at Comic Con:

JylBjJd.jpg

Neoxon

Robbie 100% confirmed then. That can't be anything other than the Ghost Rider muscle car his series used.

I'm hoping the series does him justice, he was a cool character whose run got shafted by Moore leaving.
I guess that leaves the door for the OG Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) to be on Netflix.

Ghost Rider on AOS? Whaaaat. Not sure how I feel about it tbh.

Which Rider though?

Also

Robbie Reyes, the newest one.

He was possessed by a demonic serial killer and that turned him into the Spirit of Vengeance. His run had some cool ideas but the gonzo nature of his villains turned me off of it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Better look at the patch:

9y4k8HV.png

Patrick O’Neill, a representative for CASIS, revealed the mission patch today at a San Diego Comic-Con panel where space agency representatives discussed how NASA plans to send people to Mars. He noted the patch represents all of the scientific investigations on the station’s National Laboratory for 2016.

According to O’Neill, Groot and Rocket were picked for the patch because they are space travel enthusiasts, just like those who work on the ISS. "These are characters who have a bit of a space-based background to begin with," said O’Neill. "So both of [these] characters already embody some of the characteristics associated with what’s happening on the space station."

This won’t be the last time Rocket and Groot help out with the ISS. CASIS plans to launch an "education flight contest" that involves the two characters sometime in October, though O’Neill won’t say exactly what that initiative entails just yet.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/22/12256986/nasa-mission-patch-iss-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3s46HUKi0

Neoxon

Robbie Reyes, the newest one.

He was possessed by a demonic serial killer and that turned him into the Spirit of Vengeance. His run had some cool ideas but the gonzo nature of his villains turned me off of it.
Maybe they can fix that for the show. Hell, they spin him off into his own series if this works out.

All this Marvel news has me excited!

Great to hear Daredevil is getting a 3rd season, plus already getting good impressions with Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

I'm pretty mixed with the Ghost Rider in AoS, being Robbie Reyes, but as one person mentioned, I do see Johnny Blaze being saved up for a Netflix show or a film.

But ratings are bad. This season is likely just to get them enough episodes for syndication. Unless the really hope Ghost Rider is going to bring in a ton of viewers.

What does ratings have to do with quality. Plenty of great shows have been cancelled.

Two and a half Men was a juggernaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom