• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

CoGjfQ6VYAA0zJA.jpg

The women of Marvel, although missing some. That's a great line-up. I can't wait until Monica Rambeau, Kamala Khan, Songbird and others join the MCU.

who are the 2 on the left? is the 2nd one Zendaya?
actually can someone provide a full list, because there are 2 others I can't put a name to.

From left to right:

Laura Harrier = Liz Allen (Spider-Man: Homecoming)
Zendaya = "Michelle" (Spider-Man: Homecoming)
Elizabeth Debicki = Ayesha (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2)
Danai Gurira = Okoye (Black Panther)
Tilda Swinton = Ancient One (Doctor Strange)
Zoe Saldana = Gamora
Brie Larson = Captain Marvel
Lupita Nyong'o = Malice (Black Panther)
Rachel McAdams = Night Nurse (Doctor Strange)
Karen Gilliam = Nebula

In absentia:

Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie), Pom Klementieff (Mantis), and others.

The new women of Marvel, plus Zoe and Karen. That's a great line-up. I can't wait until Monica Rambeau, Kamala Khan, Songbird and others join the MCU.

From left to right:

Laura Harrier = Liz Allen (Spider-Man Homecoming)

Zoe Saldana = Gamora
Amy Adams = Night Nurse (Doctor Strange)
Karen Gilliam = Nebula
Fixed :p

Shame on me. I went by memory instead of looking her up, and my memory of Tessa's appearance wasn't very accurate, apparently. Thanks though. I missed or completely forgot about Liz Allen being confirmed.
No prob

Confirmed in EW interview
Laura is Liz
Tony is Flash
Jacob is Ned
Zendaya is Michelle

mreddie

Yeah, that's curious. I wonder when the blowout for that is going to be. I really thought that the movie was going to get its unveiling soon, considering its next up after BP & Infinity War Part 1.

Next year at D23 or maybe NYCC this year

The only reason Brie got announced is likely because she's in Avengers 3

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I know the Iron Fist logo has been difficult, but I think it still needs some work.

Can you give it a green hue behind all the letters? or maybe make the outline of all the letters green? or the insides of the letters green? or even go back to the previous version

as it is right now, it's too dark and doesn't stand out like all the rest of the logos.

I'm sure one of the GAFshop masters can help out on this one if necessary.

I actually just found another version of the logo on Netflix that's made for dark backgrounds and was working to incorporate it into the next version with a few updated logos. It's a WIP, but it's clean:

Other changes include making the AoS logo smaller, remaking the Agent Carter TV logo, higher quality logos for Iron Man and Incredible Hulk, and a higher quality Daredevil logo.

I was actually debating whether or not to add the little Peggy Carter standing between the words Agent Carter...

I actually just found another version of the logo on Netflix that's made for dark backgrounds and was working to incorporate it into the next version with a few updated logos. It's a WIP, but it's clean:

Other changes include making the AoS logo smaller, remaking the Agent Carter TV logo, higher quality logos for Iron Man and Incredible Hulk, and a higher quality Daredevil logo.

I was actually debating whether or not to add the little Peggy Carter standing between the words Agent Carter...

Damage Control really should be taken off this, as there's no indication that it's even going to make it to the pilot stage. (no, a put pilot isn't the same thing)

TDLink

Once again thanks for keeping this updated. It's a shame we still have no Ant Man and Wasp logo.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The women of Marvel, although missing some. That's a great line-up. I can't wait until Monica Rambeau, Kamala Khan, Songbird and others join the MCU.

From left to right:

Zoe Saldana = Gamora
Amy Adams = Night Nurse (Doctor Strange)
Karen Gilliam = Nebula

In absentia:

Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie), Pom Klementieff (Mantis), and others.
Not Amy Adams, it's Rachael McAdams.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why didnt they just use the Night Nurse from Daredevil and Co. the actress is pretty cool.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why didnt they just use the Night Nurse from Daredevil and Co. the actress is pretty cool.
Because she wouldnt work for the old conditions on the Netflix shows anymore and most likely there is intern struggle between the booth divisions since the one is lead by Feige and the other by Perlmutter
I think I have read that the TV devision putted a clause in the contracts that the actors arent allowed to apear in movies.

I like that AC one.

Now if only Marvel & Netflix would release those Ant-man and Punisher logos.

Because she wouldnt work for the old conditions on the Netflix shows anymore and most likely there is intern struggle between the booth divisions since the one is lead by Feige and the other by Perlmutter
I think I have read that the TV devision putted a clause in the contracts that the actors arent allowed to apear in movies.

Huh? at that first part.

and you've got to be joking on that second part. They really did that!?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Damage Control really should be taken off this, as there's no indication that it's even going to make it to the pilot stage. (no, a put pilot isn't the same thing)

It probably should. I was just holding on to hope that it would happen, but the pilot just never materialized. Makes me sad. I was also kinda waiting for some reputable news-source to confirm that it's DOA.

That is false. In fact, it's the opposite. Many actors from the TV side confirmed they have clauses in their contracts specifically so that they can appear in movies. A more adequate explanation is that the character that Rachel McAdams plays has a history with Dr. Strange and can't be the Night Nurse from the Netflix shows since she's in the middle of a story arc.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That is false. In fact, it's the opposite. Many actors from the TV side confirmed they have clauses in their contracts specifically so that they can appear in movies. A more adequate explanation is that the character that Rachel McAdams plays has a history with Dr. Strange and can't be the Night Nurse from the Netflix shows since she's in the middle of a story arc.
OK, then I misremembered that, sorry.

BLACKLAC

Scott Derrickson Says Doctor Strange Starts The Marvel Cinematic Multiverse
http://comicbook.com/2016/07/24/scott-derrickson-says-doctor-strange-starts-the-marvel-cinematic/
"I think that the short answer is this is the movie where Marvel goes full weird," Derrickson says. "That full weirdness is written in the Ditko images, the Jack Kirby images, the early Doctor Strange comic book panels that are still to this day so mind blowing."

"What the comics did was, they brought with Doctor Strange an extra dimension into psychadelia, mysticism, and spirituality and all these very 60's things and broke open the Marvel comic book universe into the Marvel multiverse," the director adds. "I think Doctor Strange is going to be the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse. It's really serving the same function that the comic did. Even though it was a weird aberration as a comic book, I think it was a real linchpin in the comics. It ended up being decades of new stories and I think this movie will do the same thing."

HZz02gB.jpg

DHU9EdW.jpg

2veFTKL.jpg

U0u8HHp.jpg

From left to right:

Both of them are absolutely gorgeous. And I tried to look up Laura Harrier as I don't know who she is, nor am I familiar w/ the character she's playing, but how old is she, because she looks a little old to be a HS student... I thinking mid 20's, vs Zendaya being only 19.

Wonder if the TV shows will use it too.

I would be a bit surprised, as I suspect at least half the point is to more explicitly differentiate Studios from the Perlmutter side of Marvel (the current TV logo is basically just a shorter version of the previous Studios logo, minus the fanfare and the Studios text below).

Been genuinely thrilled with most of the Marvel announcements made.

Going to be interesting to see how Brie Larson pulls off Captain Marvel. Will hopefully get some impressions on her, once Kong: Skull Island is released.

I'm not at all too thrilled about the AoS news, aside from Ghost Rider. Mostly the fact that it has been moved to a 10PM slot, which I feel could potentially effect the ratings in a negative way.

Been genuinely thrilled with most of the Marvel announcements made.

Going to be interesting to see how Brie Larson pulls off Captain Marvel. Will hopefully get some impressions on her, once Kong: Skull Island is released.

I'm not at all too thrilled about the AoS news, aside from Ghost Rider. Mostly the fact that it has been moved to a 10PM slot, which I feel could potentially effect the ratings in a negative way.

Brie has a movie streaming on Netflix that keeps getting brought up - Short Term 12

and I think the move to 10pm for AoS was so that the rating it currently has would be acceptable. If it maintains, then maybe it survives for S5? if not, 10pm was the death spot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom