• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
DAREDEVIL'S Vincent D'Onofrio Doubts He'll Ever Show Up In A Marvel Film As The Kingpin

For Daredevil star Vincent D'Onofrio, the answer is pretty cut and dry. The actor, who plays Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin, is a proud comic book fan and has expressed his excitement to appear in Marvel films many times, though he isn't hopeful to get the call. "I would love to switch over to the movies, but I think it's pretty much been said it's not going to happen," he said in an interview with Digital Spy. "Or at least not for a very, very long time. I think Kevin Feige explained that, and that's what makes the most sense, he said the film universe is too jam-packed."
For D'Onofrio, servicing the characters properly should trump the desire for a crossover, and in his opinion, having too many characters populate the screen might be conflicting in that regard. "It's hard enough already, and if they keep bringing big characters in that they have to service in the writing, it's not gonna work. They're trying to figure out already how to individualise more and at the same time keep The Avengers going. It makes sense not to mix the TV stuff, there's just too many characters."

Doesn't look like there's any way any of the Marvel TV characters are going to turn up in any of the movies.

Major bummer.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Is there any phase 3 film that would even makes sense to have him in?

979e4c18d16b65a6054554bc13c5c197536e6f26.jpg

The Netflix stuff is also year(s) behind timeline wise, right?

I'm pretty sure The Defenders is set around the same time as the movies, although I might be wrong.

BLACKLAC

I don't think Homecoming should count, especially with Kingpin currently in prison, it has enough on its plate. I would like a post credit scene where Spidey interacts with some of the Defenders though.

The Kree

Banned
Aren't most of the casting costs already included in the pre-existing multi-movie contracts with the actors? I imagine they saved a ton by doing those.

Payment is renegotiated with every new movie and everybody gets some kind of raise. Actors don't sign contracts that say they'll get paid X amount of dollars no matter what for Y number of films because their popularity and importance fluctuate.

SpaceWolf

Banned
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Will Apparently Take Us To "Many New Worlds" In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Shooting is said to have already started on Avengers: Infinity War, and when ComicBook.com had the opportunity to catch up with Production Designer Charles Wood, they asked him about what we should expect from the movie. Needless to say, it sounds like it's going to even bigger than we all imagined!

"Any time you turn that page on this script, you're kind of staggered, blown away, terrified by what's in front of you," Wood said in regards to seeing the sort of environments he and his team are tasked with making a reality on the big screen. "I think rather like Doctor Strange, you'll find this film, it's not regurgitative, yeah? What I'm trying to say, is, there are many, many, many new worlds to see in this film." Does that confirm theories we'll see Earth's Mightiest Heroes pay a visit to outer space?

Hmmm...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm pretty sure The Defenders is set around the same time as the movies, although I might be wrong.

Charlie Cox recently said in an interview that The Defenders happens a few months after the end of Daredevil season two, which would place it around the time of Captain America: Civil War.

I have been reading the original Secret Wars arc and it is great seeing some of the scenes that may have inspired scenes from the movies. Particularly this one:

SW9_Hulk.JPG

SW9_Hulk2.JPG

FWxsOP8.png

To follow on from the above I posted in another thread, I am beginning to suspect Infinity War may be drawing at least some influence from Secret Wars. When I was reading it yesterday, this frame jumped out to me:

capshield23-bk.jpg

Captain-America-Death-Scene-Broken-Shield-Marvel-Phase-Three-mf62ot73l24t31sd4osy0l0wf2ducoo7uvm48mwkqg.jpg

So if Age of Ultron was hinting about this, it got me thinking about what parts they would adapt and how. I kinda think one of the next Avengers movies (or both) will be a mash up of Secret Wars and The Infinity Gauntlet, wherein Thanos uses the gauntlet to summon the the past villains, aka Red Skull, Ultron, Ronan etc to fight the heroes for his entertainment.

The Kree

Banned
That's not a very Thanos-like scheme. He'd get bored very quickly watching people fight. It's also very likely that he'd prefer Ronan stay dead for betraying him.

The broken shield imagery was also part of the Age of Ultron comic.

That's not a very Thanos-like scheme. He'd get bored very quickly watching people fight.

The broken shield imagery was also part of the Age of Ultron comic.

Yeah I don't think it would be an outright adaption, so maybe there would be more to Thanos' role. But I do think the idea of a team of heroes against a team of villains will be the main thing the pull from it. Also with the broken shield being a sort of vision of the future, I suspect it is alluding to future films.

I also suspect they would use it to introduce the symbiote suit.

Charlie Cox recently said in an interview that The Defenders happens a few months after the end of Daredevil season two, which would place it around the time of Captain America: Civil War.
I would hope that there'd be some sort of reference to the Accords when the Defenders team up, but we'll probably get some sort of reference to "the guys from the New York INCIDENT when hell rained down... "

Speaking of quirky MCU directors, when are you all expecting a Captain Marvel director update?

They've been working on that for what seems like the better part of a year, and we haven't gotten any updates yet. I'm hoping that by GOTG Vol.2, we get that announcement but I won't hold my breath.

Dalek

Howard Stern mentioned this week on his show that Netflix sent him advance copies of Iron Fist and he's up to episode 4-so it must be ready to go!

El Topo

Speaking of quirky MCU directors, when are you all expecting a Captain Marvel director update?

They've been working on that for what seems like the better part of a year, and we haven't gotten any updates yet. I'm hoping that by GOTG Vol.2, we get that announcement but I won't hold my breath.

We got an update, or maybe a rumor, that meetings with candidates would be held in (early) 2017. I'd expect an announcement by March, at latest by May.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Michael Keaton talks about the Vulture:

http://ew.com/movies/2017/01/20/michael-keaton-patrick-wilson-spider-man-aquaman-villains/

PEOPLE and EW editorial director Jess Cagle asked Keaton and Wilson during a SiriusXM town hall about playing supervillains in Spider-Man: Homecoming and Aquaman, respectively. Not that either could talk about much, except Keaton reveals how much his villainous Vulture resonates.

”The character actually has more relevance. I know there's this issue that comes up about how timely The Founder is, in terms of where we are now in this country. My character, actually, is, if not more relevant — and I'm not going to say more than that," Keaton tells Cagle. ”There's a B-story to this guy that's kind of really interesting and really relevant. I would be lying if I said that's why I took it, but as we talked about it and did, I went, ‘Whoa, there's some layers to this guy.' ... This director's [Jon Watts] is a very bright guy, and he wanted to bring this issue out. A lot of people are going to like him more than they probably want to, would be my guess."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom