• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonogunn

Will he? Iron Fist has finished shooting at this point, I think, and in all that time no-one's caught a snap of Finn Jones in the costume.

Yes he will. I'll quit gaf if he doesn't but he will.

I don't think anyone had a snap shot of daredevil's final costume in season 1 either?

BLACKLAC

Jeph Loeb on whether the show will connect to Marvel's films
http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/13/defenders-marvel-cinematic-universe-crossover-jeph-loeb/
For now, the company’s film and television arms continue to make sure each of the superhero stories can stand alone, no matter the size of the screen. “We certainly communicate with each other in terms of what we’re doing and what we have planned and the characters that we’re using and where it’s all going,” Loeb says of working with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige, who oversees the films.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Posted without comment.

000000035240.jpg

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/01...-get-screen-time-in-forthcoming-marvel-movie/

Here's an interesting bit of info on Black Panther:

OAKLAND — A 1990s-era AC Transit bus could be getting some screen time in an upcoming Marvel movie.

The transit agency’s governing board approved the use of its logo Wednesday night, according to agency spokesman, Robert Lyles.

The planned Marvel Studios movie is an adaptation of its Black Panther comic book, whose central character, T’Challa, must defend his kingdom from destruction by enemy forces. The film’s director, Ryan Coogler of “Fruitvale Station” and “Creed” fame, is an Oakland native who grew up in Richmond, according to an AC Transit report. And, he’s expected to sprinkle a little Bay Area love into the film.

In one scene, the film’s protagonist has a flashback to 1990, while he was a student at Saint Mary’s College High School in Berkeley. And of course, he’s a daily AC Transit commuter. Cue the 1990s-era bus for the appropriate establishing shot. (We’ll assume the bus is arriving on time. It is Hollywood, after all.)

Also, it appears that filming for BP seems to already have begun:

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFilming/status/819769287011278855

kurahador

It's amazing how a year from release is the comfortable time gap for Disney films what's with all the effects and everything.
They sure run super tight ships.

It's amazing how a year from release is the comfortable time gap for Disney films what's with all the effects and everything.
They sure run super tight ships.

Who was it recently that said they loved this about them? It might have been Keaton? He said something along the lines of how professional and efficient they were?

(Eyes glaze over)
Well, the rumor isn't totally incredulous. And it's not like the dude is going to be the new Doc either. Honestly, I wouldn't have posted it if it didn't sound plausible.
I just looked that up, looks like Tom Holland is in it too. Any word on scheduling conflicts there?
I think Holland's role in the film is smaller than Cumberbatch's role, so that's why he might not have these issues.

This. The MCU has pulled through too many times in the costume department. Why doubt them now?

Marvel TV has had some real clunkers though... i.e. Deathlok, the first Daredevil costume, Razorback, etc.

They are improving though. Certainly more hits than misses as of late (with Razorback being a big miss)

Jonogunn

Marvel TV has had some real clunkers though... i.e. Deathlok, the first Daredevil costume, Diamondback, etc.

They are improving though. Certainly more hits than misses as of late (with Razorback being a big miss)

Oh god Diamondback's costume lol. That shit was HammerTech too! That story arc with luke cage's evil brother was so lame too. Cottonmouth was a much more compelling villain. Diamondback was just some typical pouty over the top revenge villain.

Deathlok's first costume was just as horrible what were they thinking! The second one was a HUGE improvement though. Neither costume made me feel that he had robotic parts in him though. But I'll give that a pass because of it being a tv budget.

Who is Razorback? Is he like Diamondback but from Arkansas?

Whoops, lol. I guess that just shows how forgettable of a character he was.

Deathlok's first costume was just as horrible what were they thinking! The second one was a HUGE improvement though. Neither costume made me feel that he had robotic parts in him though. But I'll give that a pass because of it being a tv budget.
Could have had a metal plate or two on his face, and some wires hanging out but they really went shoe strings with that one.

eastx

At least Diamondback had a super suit, something I didn't expect from the Netflix series. And while it looks cheap, it's also recognizably Diamondback's outfit.

diamondback-green-hammertech-suit-luke-cage-1.jpg

BLACKLAC

I don't care what anyone says, Diamondback's suit was dope.

Right there with you, cheese in all the best ways. His street brawl with cage in the last episode did more to establish their brotherly background than every episode prior combined. The show needed more of that, a lot more.

The Kree

Banned
Right there with you, cheese in all the best ways. His street brawl with cage in the last episode did more to establish their brotherly background than every episode prior combined. The show needed more of that, a lot more.

The show was leaning on the blaxploitation vibe in the first few episodes, but it started to fade quickly because it was so subverted. Then he showed up in the suit that looked straight out the 70's and it all came rushing back. It's also appropriately goofy looking for it being Hammertech, compared to something Tony Stark would design. There's levels to the greatness of this suit.

mreddie

>Judy Greer, Abby Ryder Fortson and David Dastmalchian are returning as "Maggie", "Cassie" and "Kurt". Negotiations are underway for the returns of Bobby Cannavale and T.I. as "Paxton" and "Dave".

>Casting is underway for Janet Van Dyne, described as "a heroine from the past". Michelle Pfeiffer is in early talks.

>Casting is underway for Elias Strickler, described as a "mad genius". Christopher Waltz is wanted for the role.

>Casting is underway for David Cannon, described as a "ruthless enforcer". Kevin Durand is wanted for the role, but auditions are expected to take place.

>Casting is underway "Eric O'Grady", described as "an opportunistic con man". A comedic actor is being sought for the role.

>Casting is underway for Harrison Shepperd, described as a "relentless government agent". Older actors are being sought for this role.

>
Both Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie are slated for appearances as Hawkeye and Falcon.

SpaceWolf

Banned
>Judy Greer, Abby Ryder Fortson and David Dastmalchian are returning as "Maggie", "Cassie" and "Kurt". Negotiations are underway for the returns of Bobby Cannavale and T.I. as "Paxton" and "Dave".

>Casting is underway for Janet Van Dyne, described as "a heroine from the past". Michelle Pfeiffer is in early talks.

>Casting is underway for Elias Strickler, described as a "mad genius". Christopher Waltz is wanted for the role.

>Casting is underway for David Cannon, described as a "ruthless enforcer". Kevin Durand is wanted for the role, but auditions are expected to take place.

>Casting is underway "Eric O'Grady", described as "an opportunistic con man". A comedic actor is being sought for the role.

>Casting is underway for Harrison Shepperd, described as a "relentless government agent". Older actors are being sought for this role.

>
Both Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie are slated for appearances as Hawkeye and Falcon.

What is this?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

>

0neAHGT.gif

LuRxr8n.jpg

Can't imagine what Marvel Studios must have done to garner all this doubt about a costume all of a sudden.

Yeah, Vision was so damn good looking. They nailed the comic look without making it look too cheesy. Even if there are a few missteps here and there, Marvel has earned the trust for the costumes so far.

Although I am still upset we didn't get Zemo in the purple hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom