• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes? First, we don't know what the budget is on this project, how much IMAX is throwing into the pot, or what exactly they're going for. But even effects heavy network shows like The Flash, which uses a ton of CG on a weekly basis, start in July.

Starting in March gives them even more time, which likely means they're aiming a bit higher than typical network TV. But I wouldn't expect HBO levels here. Even with HBO shows the lead time isn't usually that long due to special effects, it's due to giving the showrunners time to do exactly what they want to do and perfect their show. Game of Thrones is the lengthiest regular production show and that's because they film in locations all over Europe and do big battle episodes that take a couple months to film on an annual basis.

Don't expect Game of Thrones. Expect something like a basic cable show and you're probably in the right ballpark. It's ultimately still going to air on ABC and thus is a network show. I'm sure it will both be better and look better than AoS due to a longer production and smaller episode count. But don't expect the world.

Thanks for the detailed info. I guess it's on me for expecting too much of something that was going to be a movie at one point.
francis.png

Who am I kidding tho, it never was.
francis.png

okdakor

Peter Dinklage Eyed for a Key Role in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/peter-dinklage-avengers-infinity-war-1201954237/

Since 2011 Christopher Markus, the writer, says he wants him to be MODOK...

In 2011 :
I love MODOK and I think you could make a terrifying movie with MODOK but nobody seems to be on my side at the momentum

I will win you over to Peter Dinklage as MODOK. If he came around the corner and you saw him floating there you would be terrified. It would be amazing.

Vibranium

Banned
My guess: Danny gets the costume at the end of Defenders or sometime farther in the future (Iron Fist Season 2?). Just give him something similar to the Aja art, maybe make it more like a martial arts robe. The mask can be a dark shade of yellow, just copy the first Daredevil costume's face covering.

I'm happy that The Defenders is only 8 episodes, all of the Marvel shows really should cut down due to how much they drag.

Jonogunn

And Marvel has deviated from the source material in more cases than one now. So they'll definitely look to ground Iron Fist's costume for the show.

Sure if it's something like falcons costume that doesn't translate well to live action that's understandable. But Iron Fist is definitely transferrable to live action. It's not much different from costumes we have already seen in live action film.

It's basically like daredevils S1 black mask

Pachimari

Sure if it's something like falcons costume that doesn't translate well to live action that's understandable. But Iron Fist is definitely transferrable to live action. It's not much different from costumes we have already seen in live action film.

I wouldn't expect them to do it though. Marvel TV seems more about grounding stuff, than translating the source material as much as possible.

I wouldn't expect them to do it though. Marvel TV seems more about grounding stuff, than translating the source material as much as possible.

People thought Daredevil would keep his Man Without Fear costume and he got a red one including horns.

The Punisher got the skull on his shirt.

Diamondback had a ridiculous Serpent Society outfit.

Luke is getting his yellow shirt in Defenders.

Misty barely looked anything like the character until the last episode when they gave her the hairdo.

They always do this shit. Hell, Melvin has the Gladiator logo in his workshop. They're absolutely gonna give Danny an outfit that looks like a modern version of the costume. Whether it's like the newest run, the Fraction/Aja run or something completely different, who knows? But he's absolutely gonna look like Iron Fist.

Jonogunn

If that were the case they wouldn't have given daredevil his faithful costume don't you think?

They have ninjas on the show. Like cage's brother had that ridiculous hammer suit.

It's marvel grounded tv yes but still part of the MCU and so the industry has come a long way for both marvel and DC. Most costumes are on point.

I don't see iron fist's costume as something difficult to translate to live action.

Don't worry. Without a doubt He's gonna get his costume. I bet 1 million GafDollars on it! :)

Pachimari

If that were the case they wouldn't have given daredevil his faithful costume don't you think?

That's not his faithful costume. I'm still waiting on that one, but I am satisfied with the Netflix variation. But don't tell me it is true to the source material.

Let's see if he gets a comic accurate costume. I say no. You say yes. None of us know. So let's wait and see.

That's not his faithful costume. I'm still waiting on that one, but I am satisfied with the Netflix variation. But don't tell me it is true to the source material.

Let's see if he gets a comic accurate costume. I say no. You say yes. None of us know. So let's wait and see.

I would say, when they put in the horns, that was very true to source material.

Jonogunn

It's not comic accurate but not everything can be transferred directly to film. Would you really want cap to be wearing his comic book costume?
I also wish for a closer adaption of daredevil's costume, one without all the armor and stuff and I believe they will improve it in time but I would consider his costume faithful (minus the dd logo) as they did their best balancing the comic look and real life.

Pachimari

It's not comic accurate but not everything can be transferred directly to film. Would you really want cap to be wearing his comic book costume?
I also wish for a closer adaption of daredevil's costume, one without all the armor and stuff and I believe they will improve it in time but I would consider his costume faithful (minus the dd logo) as they did their best balancing the comic look and real life.

Cap's costume is comic accurate to the point.

Daredevil's costume in the Daredevil movie looked fine bar the mask.

If they go loose fitting it translates. But hugger nope.

Because it is armored up, and is mixing black with red. It is not faithful to his default red costume. It still looks cool, but don't come and tell me the Netflix costume is close to his red spandex suit of the comics.

Just because it's armored? That seems silly considering what they're translating. Are the Batman movie costumes not faithful just because they're not spandex? Knocking it for breaking up a solid color with black seems silly to me too. I guess it depends on your threshold for "faithful" is though. I know you're not saying it's bad, but still lol.

Pachimari

Just because it's armored? That seems silly considering what they're translating. Are the Batman movie costumes not faithful just because they're not spandex? Knocking it for breaking up a solid color with black seems silly to me too. I guess it depends on your threshold for "faithful" is though. I know you're not saying it's bad, but still lol.
Just stop it there. It's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom