• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceWolf

Banned
AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. EP Jed Whedon Says There Are No Current Plans To Cross Over With INHUMANS

Now that Marvel's Inhumans project has gone from being a film to a TV show, some have wondered if Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would ever embrace any sort of crossover potential. However, according to showrunner Jed Whedon, it isn't in the cards...at least for now. “Without being able to say anything really about that show, it will have its own world, just as we tried to start our own world,” he said to Digital Spy and other media outlets. “Whether or not there’s a crossover, we will see.”

Whedon explained that while it's enjoyable to explore the connections of the MCU in different ways, he prefers Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be viewed as its own show without viewers being required to watch everything else to understand it. "Everything is connected, and that's fun to play with," Whedon said. "But the point of our show is to be our show, and we want our fans to be rewarded for watching it without having to watch everything else [...] But we also want there to be a bigger reward for people who watch all of them, so that they'll start to see that there's lines connecting it. It's more fun for people who are playing the whole game, but if you don't, you'll still have a great rollercoaster ride."

Personally, I think there's a perfectly logical basis for Agents of Shield not to attempt such a crossover.

The show won't continue to be on the air long enough for it to happen.

Pachimari

Karey Burke talks about Freeform's relationship with Marvel:

”The more we got to know Marvel and the more comfortable they got with us as the home for their young adult IP, these conversations became easier. They started to see our strength with young adults and together we could create a pipeline for content that was specific to our audience that felt younger than what they're doing at the other channel," Burke said in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter. ”I wanted to be in business with Marvel when I first got here but I didn't want to chase them just to chase them. It was important to both of us to find the right characters that felt like they would speak directly to Freeform's audience. The Avengers wouldn't work here but the about-to-be-Avengers works here."

New Warriors is conceptually made for spin-offs:

”The characters they've chosen are all really singular and could each carry the show that they're on," Burke told The Hollywood Reporter. ”They're bound together as a band of underdogs for as long as we choose with this show, but it's conceptually tailor-made for spinoffs."

SpaceWolf

Banned

HtpwtZO.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
If they were not comfortable with making a Squirrel Girl show now, they won't use New Warriors to launch it either.

I would agree with this if Marvel hadn't already established themselves as having a long-standing obsession with backdoor pilots, in relation to both their movies to their television shows (for instance, on the Netflix side of things...just look at The Punisher)

Pachimari

Captain Marvel is gonna be a really funny superhero in the MCU:

First of all, Brie Larson states, that not everyone will like her version of Captain Marvel, and that there are so many iterations of her out there:

"To be fair, there are a lot of iterations of her," Larson told SciFiNow magazine, "so there's going to be some people there who think this isn't right."

She goes on to describe her version of the superheroine:

"She's a believer in truth and justice and she is a bridge between Earth and space," she explained. "She's fighting between the flaws that are within her and all this good that she wants to try and spread and make the world a better place. She can also fly and shoot things out of her hands. And she's really funny!"

AMUSIX

She's a believer in truth and justice...
a hard-liner...good
...and she is a bridge between Earth and space,
excellent, this is really what Carol should be used for...that connection between the avengers and cosmic....
She's fighting between the flaws that are within her...
ok, this is typical...hopefully its focused on self-doubt and a struggle for motivation, but really anything can be mined to develop character
...and all this good that she wants to try and spread and make the world a better place.
Doing good is at odds with her own personal struggles? Has potential, I suppose....
She can also fly and shoot things out of her hands.
Yes, yes she can....
And she's really funny!
Oh boy....ok, humor was going to be a part of this, no matter what...but the Avengers need a straight man...was hoping Strange would have been that, but clearly not...T'challa is, but, really Carol could have done this so well...just don't see her as chipper and wise-cracking. Was hoping for a confused, almost broken Carol who only becomes truly centered when she's beating the fuck out of some nasty.

That said, Brie Larson is an amazing actress, so whatever they come up with, I've little doubt that she'll deliver it beautifully

El Topo

I would agree with this if Marvel hadn't already established themselves as having a long-standing obsession with backdoor pilots, in relation to both their movies to their television shows (for instance, on the Netflix side of things...just look at The Punisher)

Yeah, but the Punisher was introduced as an auxiliary character in the second season, not as a main character from the beginning.

Was hoping for a confused, almost broken Carol who only becomes truly centered when she's beating the fuck out of some nasty.

It's a Marvel movie.

The Kree

Banned
Plus Hope Van Dyne is a straight arrow compared to Scott Lang.

Yeah, they probably wanna avoid the stick in the mud killjoy woman thing anyway. You see that a lot in big ensembles where a woman is the one trying to get everybody else to "behave".

I hope they introduce She-Hulk at some point because I wanna see her, Carol, and Thor have a drinking contest.

Yeah, they probably wanna avoid the stick in the mud killjoy woman thing anyway. You see that a lot in big ensembles where a woman is the one trying to get everybody else to "behave".

I hope they introduce She-Hulk at some point because I wanna see her, Carol, and Thor have a drinking contest.

Is a sloppy drunk Angry Hulk ever a good idea?

But Marvel has to make her likable from the start as they need her to carry her own movie after the introduction. And I'm sure they'd like to do that w/o tapping RDJ's IM to do a guest appearance warm hand-off just to boost audience attendance.

The Kree

Banned
Bars don't carry the amount of alcohol required to get She-Hulk sloppy drunk. It's more about the conversations she'd be having with other drunken heroes.

Bars don't carry the amount of alcohol required to get She-Hulk sloppy drunk. It's more about the conversations she'd be having with other drunken heroes.

Sorry I misread you post and somehow replaced Thor with Hulk. I didn't re-read it correctly until you said "conversations".
She-Hulk, Carol and Thor makes more sense.

jph139

I've always felt like the perfect Carol Danvers - at least, the perfect movie version that's marketable and likable - is essentially just Female Captain Shepard with raygun hands. Military through and through, occasionally witty, often dorky, but willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

And that's not just because Jennifer Hale voiced her in the cartoons.
But it's a little bit because of that.

Pachimari

Yeah okay, that was hype. So hopefully my favorite Avenger is gonna get an awesome movie now. Although I'm still more excited about GotG2.

That Thor trailer was awesome.

Instantly shot to the top of the list for me.
Above Guardians, above Spider-Man.... And this is a Thor movie, following up TDW.

It's a damn shame JL is going to be stomping on Thor's coattails come November.

TDLink

That trailer was fantastic. Honestly believe Ragnarok might be their best film this year now. It looks like it could be better than GotG 2 (though obviously cribbing some of its style). Love the 80s vibe.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Above Guardians, above Spider-Man.... And this is a Thor movie, following up TDW.

or drowning in Thor's tidal wave of momentum

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Ehhh the justice league trailer sucked imo

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
She's aged magnificently, to the point where I'm starting to suspect that Aku flung her to the future, thus impacting the aging process.
She came to a show I worked on a few months back. She's just as stunning in person (and a lovely human being in general).

I do hope that she does end up being a Death substitute like some predict. The more we get of her, the better.

Guys.

Hela destroyed Mjolnir.

That means Cap can't wield it against Thanos in Infinity War. ;~;

I mean unless Thor can find another dying star to forge a new hammer out of

Neoxon

She came to a show I worked on a few months back. She's just as stunning in person (and a lovely human being in general).

I do hope that she does end up being a Death substitute like some predict. The more we get of her, the better.
I envy you so much right now. I can only hope that I'll have the opportunity to work with her as an actor once I get into the field (& when I can amass enough cash via Computer Science to go where I need to). It's a long-shot, yeah, but it's good to have dreams.

Granted, I've mostly done stage plays & musicals, but I do have some training in film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom