• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

That Marvel thirst.

Seriosuly, THOR 3?

kLwtgc8.jpg

SpaceWolf

Banned
Well, this is interesting.

SPOILERS: Angourie Rice's SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Role Seemingly Revealed

9239283923.jpg

Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy put the focus on Mary Jane Watson while The Amazing Spider-Man movies shifted the focus to Gwen Stacy. Spider-Man: Homecoming will seemingly focus on Peter Parker's attraction to Liz Allan, but could some other familiar love interests appear in some form?

Apparently so. An event recently took place in Japan for the upcoming Marvel Studios reboot and the Twitter account below (which seems to be a reliable source for updates on Tom Holland and this movie) claims that it was confirmed The Nice Guys star Angourie Rice will star as
Gwen Stacy
here.

The actress delivered a superb performance in that Shane Black-helmed release, so it makes sense that she's taking on the role of more than just a random classmate here.
Whether or not that means there's a future for Peter and Gwen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe remains to be seen, of course.

Pachimari

Spoilers are okay here. I think I would like her as Gwen. I honestly can't wait to see his whole friend cycle grow throughout the movies. That's probably what I'm most excited about. It would be cool if Peter would sneak out at night to visit Liz's apartment at night and stuff like that. Them all bonding.

By the way, Spider-Man will apparently compose his own theme song in the movie.

Spoilers are okay here. I think I would like her as Gwen. I honestly can't wait to see his whole friend cycle grow throughout the movies. That's probably what I'm most excited about. It would be cool if Peter would sneak out at night to visit Liz's apartment at night and stuff like that. Them all bonding.

Just please God don't have it be the '67 cartoon theme song. I'm so over that '67 Spider-Man theme. Stop including it in everything! It's as obnoxious to me as Stan Lee cameos for the people that hate Stan Lee cameos of which I am not among. It was worst in Spider-Man 3 where that band was playing it for his park commendation thing, and when it was his own freakin' ring tone for his cellphone.

Pachimari

I'm on mobile right now but he will be writing his own theme song:

Peter isn’t shy to praise his skills, and the movie says the boy is “as strong as an ox” and can leap “over city blocks!” He even likens himself to a streak of light, a fact with the Flash might contend if they were in the same universe.

As for the theme’s final verses, you can read up on them here. “Spider-Man, Spider-Man / The original action man / Fame and glory - not his way / He just wants to save the day!”

Source: ComicBook

They got to see new footage in Japan. Also a first look at Flash Thompson.

I mean, it makes sense. The three major loves of Peter's life were Betty Brandt, Gwen Stacy, and Mary Jane Watson. I don't think it takes an optometrist to see that a trilogy about Peter in high school would ostensibly have these three women play a role in his formative years as Spidey. I'd be happy to see Peter and MJ grow from acquaintances to friends to maybe something more, and to have a third movie in the trilogy deal with the loss of someone so special & dear to Peter and how that impacts him as Spidey.

I don't remember if Betty was confirmed to be in the movie but we know Liz and "MJ" might be.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Liz Allen is confirmed.

Zendaya is supposed to be MJ, but not confirmed.

This is interesting.

Spider-Man-Homecoming.jpg

This casting sheet lists Rice as Betty instead of Gwen.

Pachimari

That list is old as fuck, from before filming started. They may have mislead or changed her role since then. I mean, she totally looks like Gwen in the trailer.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Pete's a soundcloud rapper?

Sesha

That's some name. Australian, eh? She certainly looks the part. Anyway, we got our (hopefully) future Spider-Gwen.

Now for the love of God, Marvel, cast Anya Corazon and give us the Araña movie in phase 4 that we deserve.

Edit: I wonder if Gwen is gonna become the love interest later on in the series, or if they will stick with Liz before switching to MJ eventually to differentiate Homecoming from the previous films.

That's some name. Australian, eh? She certainly looks the part. Anyway, we got our (hopefully) future Spider-Gwen.

Now for the love of God, Marvel, cast Anya Corazon and give us the Araña movie in phase 4 that we deserve.

Edit: I wonder if Gwen is gonna become the love interest later on in the series, or if they will stick with Liz before switching to MJ eventually to differentiate Homecoming from the previous films.
I think they'll skip Gwen/Peter and save her for Gwen/Miles.
Edit: just checked that angourie rice and abraham attah (read somewhere he could be miles) is the same age too. Would be nice if they both become spider gwen and ultimate spider-man in the future.

Sesha

I think they'll skip Gwen/Peter and save her for Gwen/Miles.
Edit: just checked that angourie rice and abraham attah (read somewhere he could be miles) is the same age too. Would be nice if they both become spider gwen and ultimate spider-man in the future.

Possibly. I can't imagine them killing off Gwen in this universe. But if she becomes Spider-Gwen I can see them doing it a few years down the line, and recasting to someone who's more of a name.

I don't get why Sony is going the route that they're going with the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe (still) when they could work with Marvel to try and make team or solo movies of Gwen, Miles, Araña, Silk and (Agent) Venom, and have army of Spider-characters. I mean, White female, Black male, Hispanic female, Asian female and so on Spider-people. Who doesn't want to see a webslinger like themselves on the big screen?

Pachimari

Possibly. I can't imagine them killing off Gwen in this universe. But if she becomes Spider-Gwen I can see them doing it a few years down the line, and recasting to someone who's more of a name.

I don't get why Sony is going the route that they're going with the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe (still) when they could work with Marvel to try and make team or solo movies of Gwen, Miles, Araña, Silk and (Agent) Venom, and have army of Spider-characters. I mean, White female, Black male, Hispanic female, Asian female and so on Spider-people. Who doesn't want to see a webslinger like themselves on the big screen?

I would fucking hate it if we got so many Spider-Men. I could deal with Miles Morales and Ben Reilly but that's about it. I also don't think Marvel Studios have the capacity to help out Sony build a Spider-Verse when they are deep down in their own Cinematic Universe.

Sesha

I would fucking hate it if we got so many Spider-Men. I could deal with Miles Morales and Ben Reilly but that's about it. I also don't think Marvel Studios have the capacity to help out Sony build a Spider-Verse when they are deep down in their own Cinematic Universe.

I don't see the big deal, honestly. I want my Araña movie. If any Spider-character deserves one, it's her. And I meant as part of the MCU, instead of this Spidey-agostic bullshit they're making news about.

Ideally, Sony should make the movie themselves, but just let Marvel do the writing. All the Sony made SpiderMan are technically great, from the visual effect, costumes to action coreography etc

What Sony really struggle is with the writing and, especially in Amazing series, the world building. Which Marvel is so good at.

So after the initial handholding by Marvel Studio making SpiderMan homecoming. They should just let Sony do the next one themselves.

So we can get 4 MCU movies a year. With 3 from Marvel Studio and 1 from Sony, but still conneceted to MCU

I understand why Sony want to make these unconnected spin off spiderman film. Because they want their own movie franchise that they can make at least a movie every year instead of 1 movie every 2 or 3 year. And Marvel Studio is simply to busy to commit making one SpiderMan movie every year since they have their own MCU to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom