• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only next logical step. Make it happen.

PATTON-OSWALT-STAR-WARS.jpg

The lens flares are killing me

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So that Cap 3 line about Dinosaur Man got me to look him up online and there is such a character in the Marvel universe. He seems like a Spiderman villain so I wonder if Sony would own his rights. He seems awesome though, so I hope he gets to be in a movie at some point.

Stegron is a pretty bad charachter.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh, all I know about him is he is a guy that turns into a dinosaur, which sounds pretty badass.
I have to admit, there were one very interesting storyline a couple if years back. It involved Stegron, Spidey and a magcal stone, which made all animal-power based Superheroes and Villains of New York going berserk. Would like to see this on the screen.

At the risk of looking dumb as hell, how long does Fox have the rights to X-Men? Isn't it like "here's X monies for X year" or...?

Until you're dead.

And then forever after that.

There will never be a Marvel Studios X-Men movie.

This was basically our last chance for Fantastic Four as well, I don't think Fox will allow themselves to get so close ever again.

shield

Just occurred to me - I wonder if the Blu-ray release of Agents of SHIELD season 1 will have a One-Shot on it. Really hope it does.

Jonogunn

I just realize. If f4 did go back to marvel I hope they include an inside joke when Johnny storm meets cap in regards to Chris evens playing both characters.

TDLink

I just realize. If f4 did go back to marvel I hope they include an inside joke when Johnny storm meets cap in regards to Chris evens playing both characters.

They actually did have a Human Torch easter egg in the original Captain America movie.

humantorch__span.jpeg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's probably just going to be Cap 3, Thor 3, and Dr Strange or Black Widow on the phase 3 side. Are there any other anticipated films?

Iron Man 4 is a possibility, maybe they talked Downey Jr. in a new contract.

After All Hail To The King saved the Mandarin, I would love to see him against the real deal. But then again, after the success, Shane Black would return. And this would be a disaster like in the third one...

But I dont really expect them to announce new Movies. I am sure that we will see a Ant Man Trailer and first Information for Dr. Strange, but I think the focus will be on the Netflix shows.

DieH@rd

Banned
GOTG2 will be greenlit minute after Marvel sees first weekend performance numbers. Having GOTG2 as a 1st part of the story of Thanos arriving on Earth makes so much sense.

They'd be smart to have a Marvel movies panel, and a separate Marvel TV panel. Cramming everything they're doing into one panel would be just too much.

They'd be smart to have a Marvel movies panel, and a separate Marvel TV panel. Cramming everything they're doing into one panel would be just too much.

Especially when the efforts are headed up by 2 different people in 2 different departments.
I wish Feige was in charge of both Movies & Live TV though, to keep it all consistent. Animated movies & TV should be headed up by the other guy.

Especially when the efforts are headed up by 2 different people in 2 different departments.
I wish Feige was in charge of both Movies & Live TV though, to keep it all consistent. Animated movies & TV should be headed up by the other guy.
If the other guy is Loeb, he shouldn't be the head of anything.

Loeb isn't in charge of animated anymore.

That went to Stephen Wacker, the editor of the Spider Man section of comics which included Superior, Hawkeye, Waid's DD and so forth.

So a pretty good editor.

Pretty positive the animated shows will get better.

Neoxon

GOTG2 will be greenlit minute after Marvel sees first weekend performance numbers. Having GOTG2 as a 1st part of the story of Thanos arriving on Earth makes so much sense.
For Cap 2, all it took was insanely positive test viewings to greenlight the sequel with the same directors.

To be fair, SHIELD is gradually improving. Assuming the show continues its upward climb in quality, I'm fine.

I also sincerely hope that the animated shows start to improve now that it has new management.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying SHIELD, I just think it'd be a lot better if the guy in charge wasn't terrified of serialisation.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying SHIELD, I just think it'd be a lot better if the guy in charge wasn't terrified of serialisation.

That, and the fact that since the live action TV shows are part of the overall MCU, it really should be under Feige, so who ever is in charge of TV, should be enacting the orders of the man on top.

Since they took animation away from Loeb, and AoS has steadily improved, I'm really hoping that is what has happened here. The Netflix shows are all filmed before release (if the current standard for their Original programming is to be continued), so they won't have the benefit of adjusting to fan feedback during the first series (believed to be Dare Devil), which means they need to hit the ground running.

The excuse for needing self contained episodes that allow a jump in point of anywhere, for those that didn't follow from the beginning, does not apply to Netflix where every episode is available at release.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/23/scarlett-johansson-wants-to-see-a-black-widow-spin-off-film-4674121/

Scarlett Johansson has admitted that she wants to see Black Widow get her own spin-off movie.

The actress, who is reportedly pregnant with her first child, is keen to reprise her role as Natasha Romanoff in more films.

According to Digital Spy, she told reporters on the red carpet of the premiere of Captain America: The Winter Soldier: ‘If you want to see a Black Widow spin-off movie, then I want to see it.

‘We’ll see. We will put the request in to Marvel tomorrow.’

Scarlett Johansson stars in the new Captain America film with Chris Evans and Samuel L Jackson (Picture: EPA)
Scarlett plays Black Widow in Iron Man 2, The Avengers and the Captain America sequel.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige has already revealed that plans for a Black Widow spin-off are in the pipeline.

He told Total Film: ‘We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film.

‘The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that.’

So the Avengers Assemble special had some Guardians set footage other than the photos of Nova Prime, Ronan, and the Collector we've seen. I'm surprised no one has uploaded any photos from it as there were some cool looks at the spaceships and locations they were using.

adg1034

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/23/scarlett-johansson-wants-to-see-a-black-widow-spin-off-film-4674121/

Scarlett Johansson has admitted that she wants to see Black Widow get her own spin-off movie.

The actress, who is reportedly pregnant with her first child, is keen to reprise her role as Natasha Romanoff in more films.

According to Digital Spy, she told reporters on the red carpet of the premiere of Captain America: The Winter Soldier: ‘If you want to see a Black Widow spin-off movie, then I want to see it.

‘We’ll see. We will put the request in to Marvel tomorrow.’

Scarlett Johansson stars in the new Captain America film with Chris Evans and Samuel L Jackson (Picture: EPA)
Scarlett plays Black Widow in Iron Man 2, The Avengers and the Captain America sequel.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige has already revealed that plans for a Black Widow spin-off are in the pipeline.

He told Total Film: ‘We learn more about her past and learn more about where she came from and how she became in that film.

‘The notion of exploring that even further in her own film would be great, and we have some development work with that.’

Do we know how she's going to manage her Age of Ultron shooting schedule alongside her pregnancy? I'm figuring Joss/others have a plan (that doesn't involve the "film only above the chest/have lots of big objects blocking her torso" HIMYM-type schtick), but...

Do we know how she's going to manage her Age of Ultron shooting schedule alongside her pregnancy? I'm figuring Joss/others have a plan (that doesn't involve the "film only above the chest/have lots of big objects blocking her torso" HIMYM-type schtick), but...

They're going to shoot her scenes as soon as they can, and probably use a stunt double for the more physical stuff the role demands. They might even have time to shoot some footage after she gives birth, as Marvel always allots extra shooting time in the end. They shot a bunch of extra Loki footage a few weeks before the release of Thor 2, from what I recall.

They're going to shoot her scenes as soon as they can, and probably use a stunt double for the more physical stuff the role demands. They might even have time to shoot some footage after she gives birth, as Marvel always allots extra shooting time in the end. They shot a bunch of extra Loki footage a few weeks before the release of Thor 2, from what I recall.

She'll probably want to be with her baby, understandably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom