• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Expect to see the annoying kid from Iron Man 3 as Iron Lad :D
It's one of the few movies where such a kid character was actually fun and not annoying.

I'm also all for him growing into Nova.

Consistent in that Avengers probably should not look like they shop for costumes at Modell's or Forever 21.
They don't match up but they are the "superhero costumes" for these characters. Wanda and Pietro continuing to wear their street clothes when on missions with the team would be the equivalent of Spider-Man wearing his crappy Spidey sweats costume after joining up. They should have real "suits" if they want to be real heroes!
I see what you guys are saying, but I guess it all really depends on where they end up at the end of the movie. Maybe they're not permanent members. Maybe they work for SHIELD at the end. Maybe they are permanent members. I've said this before, but all the Marvel costumes have context which is why they work. If the twins join SHIELD then it makes sense for them to get uniforms (but they probably won't be that colorful). Outside of that, I don't see them putting on costumes/uniforms just to put them on unless they build it in to their personalities that they want to be comic book superheroes. At the moment, no one in the MCU has had this idea specifically (ie "I'm going to put on a costume and fight crime") outside of the Agents of SHIELD show. And even then it's more like "I have powers so I'm going to fight crime. Don't need a costume") We'll see though.

TDLink

Both RDJ's and Evans' last movie contractually will be Avengers 3. I don't think they would have a problem continuing The Avengers without Cap and Iron Man, if they have to. By then we'll have Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil, at the very least, as possibilities...plus whoever they add to the universe in Phase 4. It's important to note that Don Cheadle and Sebastian Stan both have movies left on their contract and could take on the roles if the studio wanted them to.

Hemsworth isn't going anywhere as Thor anytime soon, his contract is for 9 films and so far he has only done 4 (including Avengers 2). Even with Thor 3 and Avengers 3, he is still on the hook for up to 3 more after that.

Nine-film contracts are standard for nearly all the MCU players except RDJ and Evans. They're just a way of keeping an actor on the hook as long as Marvel Studios wants him/her, and shouldn't be taken to mean that they actually have plans to use the actor in nine films.

TDLink

Nine-film contracts are standard for nearly all the MCU players except RDJ and Evans. They're just a way of keeping an actor on the hook as long as Marvel Studios wants him/her, and shouldn't be taken to mean that they actually have plans to use the actor in nine films.

Sure, for people like Sebastian Stan it is probable they won't use all of his 9 films. For people like Hemsworth though I do expect it.

sharbhund

Both RDJ's and Evans' last movie contractually will be Avengers 3. I don't think they would have a problem continuing The Avengers without Cap and Iron Man, if they have to. By then we'll have Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Daredevil, at the very least, as possibilities...plus whoever they add to the universe in Phase 4. It's important to note that Don Cheadle and Sebastian Stan both have movies left on their contract and could take on the roles if the studio wanted them to.

Hemsworth isn't going anywhere as Thor anytime soon, his contract is for 9 films and so far he has only done 4 (including Avengers 2). Even with Thor 3 and Avengers 3, he is still on the hook for up to 3 more after that.

Hemsworth also has a 6 picture deal:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2013/10/chris-hemsworth-has-three-movies-left.html

"I've got three left in my contract - from here on, I have two more Avengers and one more Thor and if people wanted to see more, I'd be happy to keep going," says Hemsworth. "I love these stories and I love this character. The opportunity has opened up everything for me."

TDLink

Weird, I thought he had a 9 picture deal like everyone but RDJ and Evans since they specifically negotiated theirs down.

Regardless, seems like he is game for as many as Marvel wants to make. I definitely don't see them getting rid of Iron Man, Cap, AND, Thor all after Avengers 3. They are the core three and it would be too much of a change for audiences if they all left, even with tons of new members.

TDLink

Why would RDJ walk away from Marvel? Didn't he get paid like $70 million for Avengers? For fucks sake.

Prior to Iron Man 1's release he also said it was his dream role, he loved reading IM as a kid, and would play the character in 17 movies if he had to.

All that being considered I do agree that I don't think it is a sure thing that he will walk away after Avengers 3. I think it is probably more than Marvel may not want to keep paying him as much as they are...and they don't really have to when they are continuing to establish all of these other characters that they are making just as popular (or nearly) as RDJ's Tony Stark.

Some new images of some Nova Corps members from Guardians.

176040569.jpg

176040575.jpg

Tom_Cody

Prior to Iron Man 1's release he also said it was his dream role, he loved reading IM as a kid, and would play the character in 17 movies if he had to.

All that being considered I do agree that I don't think it is a sure thing that he will walk away after Avengers 3. I think it is probably more than Marvel may not want to keep paying him as much as they are...and they don't really have to when they are continuing to establish all of these other characters that they are making just as popular (or nearly) as RDJ's Tony Stark.
I think that's probably a lot of it. Isn't he making like 10-20 times more than any of the other Marvel actors? And for relatively less time on set (due to Iron Man being mostly CG)?

I remember seeing some crazy numbers for the actor pay for the first Avengers film.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh fuckkkkk they're actually giving him a decent costume?

Renner, I might just force myself to like your hawkeye now.

givehimthemaskpls

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I feel like they'll have to lighten up that character a bit after the backlash he got after the first film. Renner, despite all of the hate, really isn't the terrible actor people tend to make him out to be. He didn't exactly have too much to work with in the Avengers.

Hawkguy is
hopefully
coming. :D

I feel like they'll have to lighten up that character a bit after the backlash he got after the first film. Renner, despite all of the hate, really isn't the terrible actor people tend to make him out to be. He didn't exactly have too much to work with in the Avengers.

Hawkguy is
hopefully
coming. :D

I really like him in the part and I do think he could totally pull off the Hawkguy persona. It just depends on what Whedon wants. It totally fits his style though and Hawkeye's sense of humour is pretty unique compared to the rest of the team's.

He looks awesome!

Blader

Weird, I thought he had a 9 picture deal like everyone but RDJ and Evans since they specifically negotiated theirs down.

Many of the principals actually have 6 picture deals. RDJ (who was originally just four), Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, ScarJo, Gregg, and I assume Renner. SLJ, Smulders, and Stan are the only ones off the top of my head that are locked in for 9.

Why would RDJ walk away from Marvel? Didn't he get paid like $70 million for Avengers? For fucks sake.

He's getting older but also getting tired of blockbuster work and wants to branch out into more creative stuff now that he has the clout for it. The fact that he makes so much bank off Iron Man/Avengers already is precisely why he can afford to leave Marvel.

Hawkeye coat looks great and part of me hopes that Joss trolls fans and makes him wear the 'H' beanie rather than a mask.

If not, just let him wear his sunglasses as he's already got them.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm just rewatching The Incredible Hulk now. Admittedly not the strongest film, but odd that somewhere Blonsky's in captivity and Sterns is running around with a giant head.

Showaddy

Why were people skeptical of Marvel having the rights to Kree when Ronan is in GotG?

Fox having the rights to a load of cosmic stuff would be why; with Skrulls, Badoon, Annihilus off with the F4 it wasn't exactly unwarranted scepticism. Ronan could have been changed to just a random blue alien as well.

Just got back from seeing Winter Soldier. Wow, it was so good. Every fight scene was jaw dropping.

I'm left with a few questions:

What are they going to do with Agents of Shield now that Shield is no more? How are they going to end on the cliffhanger of "Let's go find Bucky!" and then put that on hold for the events of Avengers 2? Why didn't they throw Natasha in jail for her crimes against the US, like the guy on the panel said. Also, what are they going to do with her character now that her career as a spy is over?

And a few gushy fanboy moments:

Steven Strange was mentioned! Crossbones has got to be the villain in Cap 3! Will he kill Steve and open the door for Bucky Cap? That stupid world security council is gone!

Origin stories in movies are almost always garbage, no shocker. I know there's a difference between comics and movies. As long as the end result is true to the character, I don't care how they get there.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Origin stories in movies are almost always garbage, no shocker. I know there's a difference between comics and movies. As long as the end result is true to the character, I don't care how they get there.

Her origin wouldn't be the problem, but the actress. Chloe Bennet is just an awful pick for the character. She could probably make a passable Spider-Girl/Spider-Woman, though.

neoanarch

Spider Woman/Drew is a much better character than that lump of flesh that is Carol Danvers. I'd hate for her to be ruined/used on AoS. So I'd rather bennet end up being Ms Marvel or Mockingbird than Jessica Drew.

Blader

I'm just rewatching The Incredible Hulk now. Admittedly not the strongest film, but odd that somewhere Blonsky's in captivity and Sterns is running around with a giant head.

I think one of those MCU comics showed that Sterns is being held by SHIELD.

Wilbur

Banned
I think one of those MCU comics showed that Sterns is being held by SHIELD.

Oh right. And all the comics and one shot stuff is canon?

I can't see them following up on All Hail The King stuff for a while, it would probably confuse casual audiences too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom