• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Good shit shield.

Batista looks fucking huge here.

dlw7rnk.jpg

Wanda looks fantastic. Very punk rock.

Pietro... blugh. Just give him a close-cropped haircut next time, please. Aaron Taylor-Johnson ain't too good for a dye job.

Like the Scarlet Witch outfit, though I do hope she gets something more overtly costume-y by the end of the film. Maybe something between this look and her current comics costume, minus the goofy headdress.

Quicksilver... not terrible, but it's not a great dye job and that looks more like "athletic gear vaguely suggesting Quicksilver" than an actual costume. Hope it looks better on screen. It's possible that his powers involve some sort of CG aura here, which might help.

Like the Scarlet Witch outfit, though I do hope she gets something more overtly costume-y by the end of the film. Maybe something between this look and her current comics costume, minus the goofy headdress.

Quicksilver... not terrible, but it's not a great dye job and that looks more like "athletic gear vaguely suggesting Quicksilver" than an actual costume. Hope it looks better on screen. It's possible that his powers involve some sort of CG aura here, which might help.

It is. He's straight up wearing running sneakers.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Depending upon the actual origins for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, it may make perfect sense for them to be basically wearing street clothes that slightly evoke their comic book costumes. If you think about the rest of the Avengers, they're all wearing what they're wearing for very specific reasons, not because they belong to a "team" or are trying to hide secret identities or anything like that. It's just typically the tools of their trade. I reckon Wanda and Pietro will come from a backstory where "normal clothes" make the most sense.

Depending upon the actual origins for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, it may make perfect sense for them to be basically wearing street clothes that slightly evoke their comic book costumes. If you think about the rest of the Avengers, they're all wearing what they're wearing for very specific reasons, not because they belong to a "team" or are trying to hide secret identities or anything like that. It's just typically the tools of their trade. I reckon Wanda and Pietro will come from a backstory where "normal clothes" make the most sense.

Sure, I think these looks could work fine in a certain narrative context. I just wonder if they might come to seem a bit incongruous if the twins are still wearing them at the end of the film.

J10

Banned
Sure, I think these looks could work fine in a certain narrative context. I just wonder if they might come to seem a bit incongruous if the twins are still wearing them at the end of the film.

Bingo. They need to look like they belong with the rest of the group. At some point that means proper uniforms, not just street clothes with primary colors.

Bingo. They need to look like they belong with the rest of the group. At some point that means proper uniforms, not just street clothes with primary colors.

Ehhh does it though? Are the costumes really consistent enough between Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk to call them uniforms? Because they're about as different from each other as possible.

sol_bad

I assume Marvel could get in a lot of trouble if they attempted to sabotage Fantastic Four production behind the scenes? Like offering a director more money to make them a film that what Fox are offering?

neoanarch

Really digging Wanda's outfit, Pietro's no so much. I'm sure there is a story reason he is wearing new sneakers but it looks kind of weird.

J10

Banned
Ehhh does it though? Are the costumes really consistent enough between Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk to call them uniforms? Because they're about as different from each other as possible.

Consistent in that Avengers probably should not look like they shop for costumes at Modell's or Forever 21.

Consistent in that Avengers probably should not look like they shop for costumes at Modell's or Forever 21.

It's possible this is before they officially join the team, since it seems the only Avenger there is Hawkeye, maybe they save his life or something and get picked up. The final climactic battle may see them in a more official looking costume.

J10

Banned
Yeah, that's what I'm assuming happens, as was the case with Tony and Caps costumes in their first appearances. Not saying I don't like the way they look in those pictures, but they need real costumes eventually.

They don't match up but they are the "superhero costumes" for these characters. Wanda and Pietro continuing to wear their street clothes when on missions with the team would be the equivalent of Spider-Man wearing his crappy Spidey sweats costume after joining up. They should have real "suits" if they want to be real heroes!

But yeah I really like that they appear to first encounter Hawkeye and hopefully he convinces the rest of the team to bring them on. It's a good nod to the original origins, as all three characters joined the team together.

He will. He just apparently won't extend his deal past that.

I know in the comics Steve Rodgers has stopped being Cap a few times, I guess they could have him hand over the suit to a new Cap in Avengers 3. Cant have any Avengers movies going forward without Cap.

I know in the comics Steve Rodgers has stopped being Cap a few times, I guess they could have him hand over the suit to a new Cap in Avengers 3. Cant have any Avengers movies going forward without Cap.

Winter Soldier spoilers for anyone who somehow doesn't know yet:
Bucky Cap happening then?

Also he's on for A3 right? 'cause he needs to pick up Mjolnir. I won't accept any other Cap actor doing it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There will be no Bucky Cap. They will go and cast a new Captain America. Just because some Comicbook fans love Bucky Cap, doesnt mean that the mainstream audience, who is more important for Marvel Movies will accept a Bucky Captain America. Also, there will never be a Dick Grayson Batman in the Movies. Or a movie, where Doctor Octopusses Mind is in the Body of Peter Parker. Because this is to confusing to the mainstream audience, who only knows the original characters. The Captain America in 10 years will be Steve Rogers. Played by someone other.

The same with Iron Man. There will be still a Tony Stark around, but it wont be Downey Jr. They wont make Jim Rhodes to Iron Man, even when he was Iron Man in the comics.

There will be no Bucky Cap. They will go and cast a new Captain America. Just because some Comicbook fans love Bucky Cap, doesnt mean that the mainstream audience, who is more important for Marvel Movies will accept a Bucky Captain America. Also, there will never be a Dick Grayson Batman in the Movies. Or a movie, where Doctor Octopusses Mind is in the Body of Peter Parker. Because this is to confusing to the mainstream audience, who only knows the original characters. The Captain America in 10 years will be Steve Rogers. Played by someone other.

The same with Iron Man. There will be still a Tony Stark around, but it wont be Downey Jr. They wont make Jim Rhodes to Iron Man, even when he was Iron Man in the comics.

You have this on good authority?

Because pretty much the only person on the planet who could say this with any credibility is Kevin Feige. I wouldn't put it past them to use these stand-in characters like Rhodes and Barnes to give the other characters a "cooldown" period instead of immediately recasting them. They can even keep the actors on in a non-action focused role (like Tony just financing and developing tech for the Avengers or Steve heading up SHIELD).

But we will just have to wait and see!

If I had to guess, I'd say that Phase 4 will just recast the leads whose contracts are up (or have aged out), but that it'll reduce their roles in favor of new characters and those introduced during Phases 2 and 3.

Maybe I am the secret NeoGAF Account of Kevin Feige? ;-)

Just kidding, as you said, we have to wait, but its incredible unlikely, that they will change the Identity of Captain America after the incredible success of the movies.

But that would mean no Lady Hawkeye Kate Bishop.

And Kate Bishop is great.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
A Young Avengers movie would be PHENOMENAL. Those characters are pretty great IMO. I feel like that would be a ways off though ever.

If not just straight up replacing someone like say, Bucky with Cap, I would love to see them play with the idea of a character having multiple hero identities like with Pym or Clint. Would actually love to see Clint as Ronin at some point. That's not really something that's been explored much or at all in superhero movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom