• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
a good season of Punisher & Daredevil will forgive a lot about Netflix MCU

Runaways & Cloak & Dagger both i think have a lot of potential

Agents of SHIELD S5 will probably be GOAT MCU

tv is fine, even if it is coming off a bad streak with iron fist / defenders / inhumans

Neoxon

a good season of Punisher & Daredevil will forgive a lot about Netflix MCU

Runaways & Cloak & Dagger both i think have a lot of potential

Agents of SHIELD S5 will probably be GOAT MCU

tv is fine, even if it is coming off a bad streak with iron fist / defenders / inhumans
To be fair, SHIELD Season 5 has a tough act to follow.

curb

Banned
I finally finished Defenders last night. I enjoyed the resolution but the ride to get there was not great. I'm a little disappointed but impressions in this thread helped lower my expectations so I'm not too disappointed.

El Topo

I finally finished Defenders last night. I enjoyed the resolution but the ride to get there was not great. I'm a little disappointed but impressions in this thread helped lower my expectations so I'm not too disappointed.

They still dropped the ball.

duckroll

They still dropped the ball.

I disagree. At this point you just have to accept that they dropped the ball a few shows ago, and they just never bothered to pick it up. It's still on the floor, and we're lucky if no one trips on it and gets hurt.

Iron Fist was leaving the ball in the middle of the room and someone falling and breaking their back because of it. Defenders sounds more like the ball being moved to the corner of the room so nothing bad happens again.

I disagree. At this point you just have to accept that they dropped the ball a few shows ago, and they just never bothered to pick it up. It's still on the floor, and we're lucky if no one trips on it and gets hurt.

Iron Fist was leaving the ball in the middle of the room and someone falling and breaking their back because of it. Defenders sounds more like the ball being moved to the corner of the room so nothing bad happens again.

It's true at least in my opinion that we haven't hit the bar set by DD season 1

Though I still find DD2, JJ, And Luke Cage enjoyable

But Iron Fist and Defenders just couldn't bring it back to where it should be

mid season defenders was at least a little fun

El Topo

I don't think that's a fair assessment. DD S1 was good, JJ S1 was great, LC S1 was good, DD S2 was okay, it's only really IF S1 that was garbage.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Seems the press embargo has lifted and a whole bunch of Thor Ragnarok articles have hit the web, some go into spoiler territory.

jph139

Is there a reason people pre-buy movie tickets? Do you get bonuses or anything? Or do some places just fill up early?

I've always bought my tickets day-of, even for midnight premieres, and never had an issue getting them. But maybe I've just been lucky.

Neoxon

Is there a reason people pre-buy movie tickets? Do you get bonuses or anything? Or do some places just fill up early?

I've always bought my tickets day-of, even for midnight premieres, and never had an issue getting them. But maybe I've just been lucky.
In my case, buying tickets early guarantees good seats for me & my little brother. Though to be fair, I always see MCU films on opening night in IMAX.

For me, on the rare cases I were to pre-buy tickets..

It's just to get the seats I want for myself and my and kiddos.

I'm a little obsessive about where I sit with movies, I prefer to be center and mid way up in the seats.

(first post too! YAY!)

Penguin

Well in this case, you do actually get bonuses... if you attend a fan-event on opening night you get...

7 minutes of exclusive content
A collectible coin
A collectible 44 oz. Thor: Ragnarok cup
A collectible 105 oz. Thor: Ragnarok popcorn tin

DJIOKmLWsAAP5Z2.jpg

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
In my case, buying tickets early guarantees good seats for me & my little brother. Though to be fair, I always see MCU films on opening night in IMAX.

Yeah. I typically will catch a MCU movie in IMAX on opening weekend. Since there's really only one real IMAX theater in NYC, good seats get reserved fast.

Bob Iger has confirmed that Marvel and Star Wars movies are gonna be on their upcoming streaming service. I don't know if this extends to their other deals but I assume the prospect of this happening was probably one of the reasons why Netflix is ramping up the production for their Marvel Shows. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any new seasons beyond 2019. Cap it off with Defenders S2 or something.

Neoxon

Yeah. I typically will catch a MCU movie in IMAX on opening weekend. Since there's really only one real IMAX theater in NYC, good seats get reserved fast.
There's 2 or 3 good IMAX theaters in Houston, so I'm not in that big of a rush. But between MvCI, Super Mario Odyssey, Thor, & Star Wars, I'm hanging on by a thread financially.

Neoxon

Bob Iger has confirmed that Marvel and Star Wars movies are gonna be on their upcoming streaming service. I don't know if this extends to their other deals but I assume the prospect of this happening was probably one of the reasons why Netflix is ramping up the production for their Marvel Shows. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any new seasons beyond 2019. Cap it off with Defenders S2 or something.
I think Netflix & Marvel verified that the Netflix shows are still in the clear.

BBboy20

What the hell...she's going to get ice cream all over her new top...hold that thing upright, damnit, and pay attention to what you're doing!
giphy.gif

Somebody is going to make fake graphic art and advertising with "revengers" in it.

Fuck, somebody better make a wikipedia page already.

Sambrez_

They are beautiful, but I don't really understand the concept of the colored smokes/dirts.
Looks like they all are going to be buried.

Top Bottom