• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

bchamba

That would explain why Tony and Peter were with Quill on a planet that looked like a destroyed city, surely?

What it doesn't explain is Thanos being a central character. Because this implication would be a time-travelling romp with Tony/Peter/Whoever else but I can't see much room for Thanos but would also explain why there seems to be movies between Infinity War and the untitled sequel, because nothing 'major' or 'world ending' happens until [part 2].

I could see the first half being Thanos collecting the 4 stones not on Earth, getting to Earth and killing Vision for his Stone, and then the remainder being time traveling shenanigans

Code:
[IMG]http://www.starmometer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Avengers-4.jpg[/IMG]

is that one of the mining ships in the back that everybody got in in Guardians 1 when Ronan came to Knowhere?

Pachimari

Fan made but still hype:

ri4rzYB.jpg

The Los Angeles Times has new details on the Marvel/Sony deal. Amy Pascal played a huge part in the development of Michael Keaton's Vulture, the casting of Tom Holland, the development of the script and the hiring of Jon Watts.

Also, we're getting an Inhumans trailer on Thursday, but it's probably gonna be exactly what we saw from the leaked trailer earlier.

There's also a bunch of spoilers out for Spider-Man: Homecoming now, so beware.
I've only read very few of the spoilers and holy shit at some of it, but if there is one thing I like, it's the amount of time Iron Man is in the movie:
he is almost not in the movie, and only shows up twice.

I've only read very few of the spoilers and holy shit at some of it, but if there is one thing I like, it's the amount of time Iron Man is in the movie:

I don't want to visit that page, but something doesn't add up with that Iron Man detail.
We've seen more than two appearances in the trailer already, so unless they've taken an axe to RDJ's screentime something's not adding up. Even allowing for any remote piloting of the Iron Man suit like in Iron Man 3. Unless it actually means Iron Man and not Tony Stark, which is possible.

Fan made but still hype:

The Los Angeles Times has new details on the Marvel/Sony deal. Amy Pascal played a huge part in the development of Michael Keaton's Vulture, the casting of Tom Holland, the development of the script and the hiring of Jon Watts.

Also, we're getting an Inhumans trailer on Thursday, but it's probably gonna be exactly what we saw from the leaked trailer earlier.

giphy.gif

When I read it
While Feige oversaw the creative direction, Pascal was instrumental in key decisions, including the casting of Holland, the development of the script, and the hiring of director Jon Watts, whose previous feature was the 2015 Kevin Bacon thriller “Cop Car.” Pascal was also key in the development of Michael Keaton’s character, Vulture, a powerful nemesis with working-class roots.
All I really get from it is she said "Yes".

When I read it

All I really get from it is she said "Yes".

Funniest shit I saw was dude who plays Flash Thompson tweeting some news and videos out and mentioning Marvel Studios in the tweet and completely leaving out Sony. Sony Pictures responded to it on some "me too!" shit lmao.

This is Marvel Studios' movie, and even the actors know it.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It's just that they cancelled Sense8, a show with no end and a rather popular one, while they've also now started to cancel comedies, that doesn't seem natural. In the TV show thread they're talking about how Netflix is going about cancellation differently now.
As much as I loved it, Sense8 was not that popular and it was *really* expensive. The second season reportedly cost about $9M per episode.

Ok, this looks decent
Scott Buck.

Was James Gunn also set to return before Guardians released? Or is this a first for the first Sequel in the MCU?
Yes.
A few days before GotG1 released, during the MCU panel at SDCC GotG2 was announced for a July 2017 release by Gunn and Pratt via video.

Infinity War set photo. Tony, Banner, Wong and Stephen together.

New mark suit for IM as well.
Hmm, triangle shaped reactor. Getting Mark VI vibes.

From the interview :

In “Spider-Man 3,” Tobey becomes evil Spider-Man and dances down the street. I know you have some dance skills. Who would win between you two in a dance-off?

It would have to be me, judging from his dance skills in that movie. I can confidently say it would be me.
I mean, if you watched the lip-sync battle thing he did, you'd agree with him.

Funniest shit I saw was dude who plays Flash Thompson tweeting some news and videos out and mentioning Marvel Studios in the tweet and completely leaving out Sony. Sony Pictures responded to it on some "me too!" shit lmao.

This is Marvel Studios' movie, and even the actors know it.
LOL. Do you have a link? I gotta see this.

Pachimari

By the way, can I say, it's lovely to see so many new face in here, so please subscribe to it and hang out with the rest of us. It benefits the community.

I just went looking for it and it isn't there! Ha, someone must've made him delete it.

I'm sure. It was a funny moment though.

That was the day we heard the orchestrated "Spider-Man" theme being recorded for the Marvel Studios logo.

Well, when Giacchino tweeted the Spider-Man classic TV tune recording, he added mentions to the movie's and Marvel Studios' accounts, skipping Sony's.

The latter responded with a waving emoji.

Ahhhh, nvm I'm an idiot. Was thinking of the wrong person lmao that's the tweet.

Mr. Me Too headasses

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My hype level rised high due to the last days. Cant wait for when we havf the review thread.

I have come to an conclusion how I am doing the points.

20 points for the exact score
10 points for beeing withing +/- 5 points
5 points for beeing withing +/- 10 Points

Pachimari

My hype level rised high due to the last days. Cant wait for when we havf the review thread.

I have come to an conclusion how I am doing the points.

20 points for the exact score
10 points for beeing withing +/- 5 points
5 points for beeing withing +/- 10 Points
Let's have a scoreboard in the OP when we get in he first results.

Raguel

Another shot of Iron Man's armor in Infinity War:

5Y5OD0r.jpg

Interest change in the helmet design. I like. And is it me, or does the segmented aspect of the armor around the shoulders, chest, and neck looks more like a mantis?

Like one of my Japanese anime

antonz

Further sign that Fantastic Four remain in the marvel doghouse. Marvel Heroes Game just got a contract renewal and part of it was the complete removal of the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer from the game. People who already own the characters can keep them but no more for the future.

GAMEPROFF if you're reading this, I'm revising my RT prediction for Spidey to 85%

Further sign that Fantastic Four remain in the marvel doghouse. Marvel Heroes Game just got a contract renewal and part of it was the complete removal of the Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer from the game. People who already own the characters can keep them but no more for the future.

fuck

Pachimari

Here's a clip of Tom Holland and Zendaya, "rookie in training"

I seriously hope Zendaya turns out to be Mary Jane. She would be the most perfect casting in forever, and Homecoming 2 could move on to be an absolute great!

This looks so cool, the way the photographer got the shot right in front of him, and how Iron Man is posing:

Kevin Feige talks about the future of Spider-Man's rogues gallery:
"We haven't talked about that. What's fun about this is it's the first time Spider-Man is in the MCU. And the first time he's played by an actor who is the age, essentially, Spidey was in the comics for so long. And, as Michael Keaton does with the Vulture, we get to explore villains we haven't seen before. Spidey has an amazing rogues gallery, so at some point I think it might be interesting to revisit some of the characters we've seen in films before, but right now, we think there are a lot of new ones we haven't played with yet."

New clips too:
"Shocker vs. Vulture"
"Washington Monument"
"Plan of Attack"
"Vulture Attack"

Amy Pascal and Jon Watts has also talked about how the Battle of New York affected Peter Parker and how he grew up with two particular big events:
"The movie is designed," Pascal explained, "for you to feel the movies that have been made in the Marvel universe [are] the history that's in the books Peter studies. That was the world he grew up in and that was one of the key ideas of creating this character, so that he could have something that he wanted to be that he wasn't a part of."

"You have to think about two really big events," Watts added. "The one is seeing Tony Stark on TV, revealing to the world that he's Iron Man. That would be so dramatic. Then, yes, the events at the end of Avengers would be a big deal to a little kid. And I think that might be something that would be worth exploring."

Kevin Feige has also been asked about Captain Britain coming to the MCU in this interview:

"We have discussed it. There are a lot of actors that come in and ask about that part, so we'll have to see..."

Pachimari

Jon Watts explains the Peter Parker retcon in Iron Man 2:
"I was watching all these other movies and being like, ‘What if that little kid at the Stark Expo was Peter Parker? In the Iron Man mask.' Like, he'd be about the right age for that. And he loves Tony Stark. ‘Oh, what about after the Avengers battle, who would clean that stuff up?' Because they mention damage control at one point in the movie. So it's this thing where, because it's not completely figured out, that you can just go back and basically write fan fiction for those movies, then the fan fiction becomes reality."

"I remember watching that with [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige and everyone and being like, ‘Does the math work on that?' He was like, ‘It might, maybe.' Then I found out that was Jon Favreau's kid."

He also went on to explain how the Iron Spider suit was an inspiration to the movie suit:
"Well, in a way the fact that the suit is built by Tony Stark is an indirect inspiration from the Iron Spider suit which Tony Stark built in the comics," he explains. "We used that as a jumping-off point for all the bells and whistles this suit can do."

Kevin Feige reveals we might get an Avengers: Infinity War trailer with Thor: Ragnarok.
"It's a good question," he revealed. "I'm not sure. I think it would be late summer, early, mid fall? Ragnarok, probably."

I can sympathize with Wright here.

IT's a project he'd championed for the better part of a decade, who was basically the reason the thing got greenlit in the first place. It was his chance to fulfill a life-long dream, but it was one that couldn't happen because of disagreements with the money guys or Feige or whomever.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be pretty bummed to have gotten 95% of the way to seeing your vision come to life only to be stymied by the Powers That Be.

And if Baby Driver is any indication, an Edgar Wright Ant-Man film would have been an absolute delight.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It didnt happened because he needed 8 years for one movie. Its his fault. They already moved Ant Man from beeing a important part for The Avengers 1 to a random Phase 2 spot but he still couldnt find time to finish the movie

As someone who considers Hot Fuzz one of his favourite movies and loves Shaun and Scott (the latter despite my issues with it), I'm kinda cool on a Wright Ant-Man. The stuff that we know was Wright wasn't even the most interesting in it. I also thought World's End was a boring slog that only used its inspirations on a surface level without doing anything interesting with them. Personally, I'm glad we got a good Ant-Man movie and now also a good Edgar Wright movie in Baby Driver.

Dalek

This is really sad.

curb

Banned
I felt like I at least had an understanding of the Fox characters being omitted depending on when licencing deals were signed but to just yank them out after they've already been in the game seems just weird.

thoryoupeoplearesopetty.gif

Pachimari

We knew the Fantastic Four characters would get removed from Marvel Heroes. It's been known for a long time. The same will happen to the X-Mem characters when their deal is over.

Anth0ny

I dont think he is going to have the full powered Gauntlet in this movie

If it was up to me, I'd have him get the entire thing as the ending of the film. And maybe you end it with the finger snap. Cause that shit is fucking cool.

Maybe all that destruction is a result of Thanos coming to earth to grab all the gems that are located on earth.

That's going to be a weird thing to tackle, though. At least two of the stones are on earth, which means Thanos has to come to earth to get them... which means he's going to beat up the avengers without the having the fully powered gauntlet? either that, or the avengers are chillin while thanos just raids a bunch of sorcerers and... rips it out of vision's head.

Top Bottom