• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

mreddie

@EvangelineLilly
Fans have been asking if I'll be at #SDCC2017 w #TheSquickerwonkers or #Marvel. But I'll be busy filming #AntmanAndTheWasp!! 😃. Sorry!!!

tenor.gif

I have no idea what's going on with the shooting for Infinity War.

Recent reports stated filming for Infinity War was done, followed up by the directors implying in an instagram post that they were finished. So are they just filming the second film now? Because we were told both films would be completely separate stories that were no longer two parts of the same film, yet at the Disney event and in further reports, it's been mentioned how they're still shooting "Infinity War".
My guess is in the same vein as Kree's: Disney saw how bad Divergent, Hunger Games, and likely more did with the Part 1 & Part 2 shtick, so they just decided to rename IW Pt. II into something else and reshuffled story elements to make each part a cohesive story.

Yeah. For a moment it seemed splitting movies into parts gave a big boost to part 2 with Harry Potter and Twilight. Then it didn't pan out with Hunger Games and such.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Someone should kick sense into Kevin Feiges brain if he produces these movies as a two parter with other movies inbetween.

Its not going to be a two parter like Harry Potter or Hunger Games. Its Avengers 3 and 4, booth with closed stories and Thanos wont get the full Gauntlet until 4.

Feige stated that the films were originally scheduled to be filmed simultaneously but instead decided to shoot them back-to-back explaining, "We're doing them one right after another. It became too complicated to cross-board them like that, and we found ourselves—again, something would always pay the price. We wanted to be able to focus and shoot one movie and then focus and shoot another movie."[35] Anthony Russo originally felt it made more sense to shoot the films simultaneously due to financial and logistical reasons considering the large number of cast members, even though each part is its own distinct film,[36] and suggested that "some days we'll be shooting the first movie and some days we'll be shooting the second movie. Just jumping back and forth."[34] Filming is scheduled to last until December 13, 2017.[32]

Cited articles from the Wiki entry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Avengers_film

Quick

Banned
Yeah. For a moment it seemed splitting movies into parts gave a big boost to part 2 with Harry Potter and Twilight. Then it didn't pan out with Hunger Games and such.

The big thing about each example is that they're all direct adaptations of books. Infinity War appears to borrow from multiple sources and forms its own material from it.

Ultimately, it probably would've been best to simply label them as Avengers 3 and 4 separately vs. Avengers 3 Part 1 and Part 2. Keeping the one year gap on release date wouldn't have made a difference with how often Marvel Studios puts out movies anyway.

I can't speak for Mockingjay Part 1 and 2, and the Twilight series overall as I've never seen them, but what ultimately made Deathly Hallows successful from a writing standpoint is that both Part 1 and 2 differed enough from each other and had its own stories that ultimately connected together in the end.

Box office-wise, it's Harry Potter. Shit was going to make money. Studios thought they could copy+paste, but HP already had that box office power established.

They were still calling it "Infinity War 2" last week, obviously it's not the actual title of the film but they're still using that instead of calling it "Avengers 4" or "Avengers Untitled"

Pachimari

I have no idea where I got the whole "they'll introduce new heroes in avengers 4" thing because I think I'm off on that one. Tried looking for quotes and interviews but couldn't find anything. He probably just meant Wasp and Captain Marvel anyway. Best girls of Marvel, am I right?

I have no idea where I got the whole "they'll introduce new heroes in avengers 4" thing because I think I'm off on that one. Tried looking for quotes and interviews but couldn't find anything. He probably just meant Wasp and Captain Marvel anyway. Best girls of Marvel, am I right?

Ladies show up, clean up the boys' mess.

mreddie

tumblr_ls5ne7dS4R1qd8boqo5_500.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned

Fhtagn

I need She-Hulk in the MCU. Also, a version of Squirrel Girl that's not being squandered on a cheap television show.

A Dan Slott style She-Hulk series that's half clever court room drama of the week, half overarching superhero story would be so great and a great way to avoid that mid-season drag that seems to plague most of the Netflix shows.

That said, I imagine Marvel doesn't want to have the power level of TV characters be quite so high, if they'd already done a series for her it'd be weird as hell for She-Hulk to not show up to fight the Black Order in NYC.

There's a lot of characters Carol Danvers connects with I want to see in the movies; Ms. Marvel #1 of course, but much like Miles Morales, they kinda have to slow roll those a little bit to make the intro make sense. (Much as I love Tom Holland as Spidey, seems really unlikely we'll get Miles until Peter graduates in Spider-Man 3 at least.) So, if Ragnarok and Infinity War are hits and Marvel wants to do more high concept/high power stories, I'm hoping for Ultimates; we've already got two of the members in the movies, and it's a win-win all around for the story potential and improved diversity.

Pachimari

Lol at the showrunner for Cloak and Dagger:

6cviSCZ.jpg

Olivia Holt Talks About the Challenging Themes of 'Cloak & Dagger'
I am really looking forward to everyone seeing it. It's a really honest show, and even though it's about two superheroes, it really brings this truth behind kids who grow up in a broken home. Now, moving onto other roles and darker material, it's giving me a chance to expand my range.
”For the audience who doesn't know about the comic, I think they're really going to love it. And for the audience that grew up reading the comics, I think they're going to love it even more."

curb

Banned
There's a lot of characters Carol Danvers connects with I want to see in the movies; Ms. Marvel #1 of course, but much like Miles Morales, they kinda have to slow roll those a little bit to make the intro make sense. (Much as I love Tom Holland as Spidey, seems really unlikely we'll get Miles until Peter graduates in Spider-Man 3 at least.) So, if Ragnarok and Infinity War are hits and Marvel wants to do more high concept/high power stories, I'm hoping for Ultimates; we've already got two of the members in the movies, and it's a win-win all around for the story potential and improved diversity.

I want to see Carol and Jessica Drew go out for donuts.

Anth0ny

I have no idea what's going on with the shooting for Infinity War.

Recent reports stated filming for Infinity War was done, followed up by the directors implying in an instagram post that they were finished. So are they just filming the second film now? Because we were told both films would be completely separate stories that were no longer two parts of the same film, yet at the Disney event and in further reports, it's been mentioned how they're still shooting "Infinity War".

It's all PR. When they announced Pt. 1 and Pt. 2, multi part movies were a successful thing. Since then, they've been bombing.

These two Avengers movies are still, in essence, one big movie split in two parts.

Pachimari

While we wait for the Inhumans panel, here's some easter eggs reddit pointed out from today's Defenders promo:

NcGJ2un.png

And Trish has her own talk show:

N5frw78.png

Pachimari

You think they'll eventually go full Hellcat with Trish? They definitely seem to be setting her up for it with the fight training.
I don't know. I don't need her to go full Hellcat. Just her being a good support and friend to Jessica is cool enough with me.

Btw there's a new Inhumans poster out but I'm on mobile and about to crash.

Top Bottom