• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

So how does inhumans fit into the MCU, Timeline, Agents of Shield etc..

It seems quite isolated based on the trailer

The impression said the Royal Family comes to earth after finding out about the rise of NuHumans following the fish oil pill incident at the end of SHIELD S2...so it's at some point after that.

The impression said the Royal Family comes to earth after finding out about the rise of NuHumans following the fish oil pill incident at the end of SHIELD S2...so it's at some point after that.

Welp better than nothing

Im not expecting much crossover outside of what has been precedent so far.

They seem wary to go there in the TV stage outside of preplanned things like how Netflix shows were handled of MCU movies as a whole

Agents pushed a few crossover boundaries in its first couple seasons and has mostly been relegated to references from here on out

I wonder if Fury will be like Tony in the KSD run of Captain Marvel. "We need an Avenger in space" or more like, "In light of the recent Thanos business, we need an Avenger in space".

Nah. Because the Guardians will be known to the Avengers in IW. Fury will probably just help Carol with her abilities/provide guidance. I can see her being a current, or former, member of SHIELD.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Nah. Because the Guardians will be known to the Avengers in IW. Fury will probably just help Carol with her abilities/provide guidance. I can see her being a current, or former, member of SHIELD.
Fury wont want to rely on aliens and people who spend 6 years of their live on earth.
But Carol could also be that SHIELD member he chooses

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

earth knows about the Guardians in the comics and they still have SWORD.

curb

Banned

earth knows about the Guardians in the comics and they still have SWORD.

And while the Guardians may be allies, they're not Avengers.

I do wonder but I also can't see them bringing on Sam Jackson just to send her to space unless he's guiding her in an Avenger-ly direction over the course of the whole movie.

Pachimari

Ant-Man and the Wasp starts filming next week.

Avengers casting call hints at Captain Marvel scene

Secret Warriors may be back for Agents of Shield S5

Captain Marvel director begins research for film

Jon Bernthal Opens Up About How He Approaches The Punisher:
”In my opinion, I would never be able to play Frank Castle if I wasn't a husband and a father, if I didn't really understand what it meant to love something and have a love for someone else that's far greater than a love for myself and happily, willingly would give my life for these people in a heartbeat," Bernthal said.

Pachimari

Ludwig Göransson on the Black Panther score:
Göransson showed the trailer for the highly anticipated Black Panther movie opening in February 2018. The trailer, like the film itself, was scored by Göransson. First, despite the fact that I had seen the trailer before, seeing it up on a large screen with good speakers blasting the drums and base of Göransson's composition was breathtaking.

The composer talked about how he traveled to Senegal and South Africa recording local musicians to form what he called the ”base" of his score for the movie. Göransson played about 45 seconds of this ”base" score, which contained a several musical instruments that I didn't recognize with a very distinct, almost conversational sound. If the final score was, in fact, inspired by this music, we can likely expect that it will differ somewhat from the traditional ”heroic" scores we are used to.

Mark Isham on the Cloak and Dagger score:
Isham had some of the most interesting footage of the panel, showing scenes from Cloak & Dagger against the backdrop of Isham's soundtrack for the show. The scenes included in the clip showed the lifelong connection between Cloak and Dagger and left you wanting more. Isham said that the show is ”extremely character driven" and based on the difficult childhoods of both the characters and how their powers evolve from their contact with each other. The score is dark, but also young enough to keep up with the teenage cast.

Musical Anatomy of a Superhero: The Best SDCC Panel That I Didn't Intend To See

Pachimari

The new Funko POP Thor: Ragnarok line.

oXGVqvI.jpg

T'Challa and M'Baku ceremonial masks:

Ready for the Defenders panel tonight!?

I'll never understand people who argue that knowing a series continues means "no danger" or "no stakes." There's tons of fiction that's great where it's obvious that the protags don't or won't die. The enjoyment comes from watching the story unfold. Not from some weird "will they die or not?" question.

Edit: Weirdness happened with my internet. ;/

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Sometimes I really wish James Gunn would take five steps back from social media. I really dislike his teases and backtracks and too frequent comments.

El Topo

Kinda have to agree there actually. More hyped for Defenders than for Infinity War. That Korean Stan Lee teaser really brought me back in.

Fhtagn

Kinda have to agree there actually. More hyped for Defenders than for Infinity War. That Korean Stan Lee teaser really brought me back in.

Well, the hype machine for Infinity War is only just starting to roll out, and Defenders is next month, right?

Defenders has that Iron Fist in it.

I can't get excited.

Yeah, IF really dampened my hype. Maybe the new trailer that's probably coming tonight will turn things around.

I'm actually even less hyped for Punisher, though. Sure, it has one of the Hannibal EPs/writers on board, but I'm at best uncomfortable with the character as a protagonist, especially given the particular context in which he's become popular with non-comic readers.

Pachimari

Defenders cosplays:

The Defenders' at SDCC:

The Punisher: Jon Bernthal teases 'military component' of spin-off series
”I think with Frank and with the world that he's very much involved in, he's a soldier, so I think there will be very much a military component of the show," he tells EW's Dalton Ross in the video above. ”It will be somewhat centered on that... I think that [the] Frank Castle that was in Daredevil is not in Punisher."

TVLine interviews the Defenders.

Pachimari

I'm having a hard time getting excited about The Defenders, probably because I was left a bit sour on Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Thankfully it's a shorter season so there's that. Such a contrast to when they first announced it and I was up in arms about the prospect of the coolest team up ever, including a costumed Iron Fist lol. Maybe the trailer can up the excitement.

Only 3 hours left till the Defenders panel.

Vibranium

Banned
Iron Fist can still be salvaged after Defenders. New showrunner, new fight stunt-team, a shave and haircut for Finn Jones, and the suit with a mask. And maybe do a very loose adaptation of Immortal Iron Fist with Orson Randall.

The Punisher is still the thing I'm most excited for in Marvel TV. I just hope we don't have to wait until the end of the season for Frank to throw Jigsaw through the glass. That will probably happen, heh.

Top Bottom