• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Venom and Thor play nearly identical but Venom has slightly higher dps due to being an entirely physical hero. Venom is a bit more demanding to gear though because raid uniques beat a few of his slots.

I would also say that Thor is quite a bit more tanky than Venom (exluding Venom's ult).

Yeah, based on those two aspects alone, I'm gravitating more toward Thor. It doesn't hurt that I vastly prefer that character over "I'MMA EAT YOUR BRAINZZZZ, SPIDER-MAN!!!" Brock Venom.

Also, legit holy crap at your Thor gearing. Is that your main? Wowza.

Dec

Also, legit holy crap at your Thor gearing. Is that your main? Wowza.

Yep! I've been maining Thor since the review hit. He was one of the last heroes I unlocked because I'm not a big Thor fan but he ended up surprising the hell out of me even before the review, then the review hit and he become a monster.

Oh Tragic, are you generalizing characters down to one sentence again?

I can't believe I even wasted a full sentence on Venom, to be honest.

More accurate assessment: URP!
vUi0b3Q.jpg

Yep! I've been maining Thor since the review hit. He was one of the last heroes I unlocked because I'm not a big Thor fan but he ended up surprising the hell out of me even before the review, then the review hit and he become a monster.

Awesome. This game has a tendency to make me interested in playing characters I would never even imagine liking. Thor would definitely fit that bill. I couldn't stand the character prior to Aaron's God of Thunder run, which is basically black metal in comic book form. Really interesting stuff.

Question: will you be swapping over to the new level 80 version of Gungnir for 2K odins? I slapped a Power Cosmic on Thor in the interim, but I imagine the updated legendary gear will vastly outpace it.

Dec

Question: will you be swapping over to the new level 80 version of Gungnir for 2K odins? I slapped a Power Cosmic on Thor in the interim, but I imagine the updated legendary gear will vastly outpace it.

Definitely, it is better.

Are they obtainable? I guess I'm behind or something cause I'm just barely not there yet.

Definitely, it is better.

Are they obtainable? I guess I'm behind or something cause I'm just barely not there yet.

Several folks have them, but they were all subject to a bug that still allowed them to get their daily quests done while others could not. Couple that with the influence box that came out with the code, and they are definitely out there in the wild. One Thor player on the official forums was testing and said it dropped 3-4 seconds from his time to kill test.

The question is whether or not a new Power Cosmic will release, but it doesn't look like it's being considered right now. Also, the Ultimate Nullifier was the least buffed of the level 80 legendaries, to keep it more in line with the rest at absurd gear levels.

Dec

Several folks have them, but they were all subject to a bug that still allowed them to get their daily quests done while others could not. Couple that with the influence box that came out with the code, and they are definitely out there in the wild. One Thor player on the official forums was testing and said it dropped 3-4 seconds from his time to kill test.

The question is whether or not a new Power Cosmic will release, but it doesn't look like it's being considered right now. Also, the Ultimate Nullifier was the least buffed of the level 80 legendaries, to keep it more in line with the rest at absurd gear levels.

Ah ya I see.

Nullifier was arguably not worth using ever before, I doubt it is worth using at all with ilvl 80s if it scales badly compared to them.

Character sheet crit and brut %s are measured against level 60 enemies, which cosmic bosses/raids etc. are not (62-63).

Ah ya I see.

Nullifier was arguably not worth using ever before, I doubt it is worth using at all with ilvl 80s.

Character sheet crit and brut %s are measured against level 60 enemies, which cosmic bosses/raids etc. are not (62-63).

I tried out the Nullifier on Frank and I loved the huge red numbers, but I would still take Gung over it every time (or Power Cosmic for hybrid damage characters). Gung provided a smoother damage experience for me across the board.

What I'm most interested in is Gaz continuing to reinforce the need for more survivability in higher end content like the new raid and cosmic patrols. I want to live in a world where Excalibur is a viable alternative to Gung. So far, this game has been all about gearing almost exclusively for damage.

Y01RU2P.jpg

FP6JgUP.jpg

joNW479.jpg

9w3vONP.jpg

ZMg0C8o.jpg

ANe2BAG.jpg

Xk5whl0.jpg

6JU2gOT.jpg

hyXhaSz.jpg

nrAWXYv.jpg

E4boMiC.jpg

Yxlcpjk.jpg

TL;DR - The king is dead, long live the king!

Some primitive napkin math for physical damage characters from the official forums. These don't account for other benefits, just damage stats.
- Gungnir: 3287.5 damage rating
- Axe: 3220 damage rating
- Nullifier: 3000 damage rating
- Stones: 2695 damage rating (+5% IAS)
- Excalibur: 2437.5 damage rating
- Crystal: 2250 damage rating

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Aaron's run on Thor is great, but JMS' run is where I fell in love. It picks up after the events of the Ragnarok arc (which is also worth reading), Thor's basically waking up from a coma-like state. Great arc, has Dr Doom all up in it so that's also cool, starts with Thor #1, no fucking Horse-Thor to be found, female Loki, it's all good. Leads up to Siege.

Also read Gillen's Journey Into Mystery starring Kid Loki, it's fucking rad.

Dec

What I'm most interested in is Gaz continuing to reinforce the need for more survivability in higher end content like the new raid and cosmic patrols. I want to live in a world where Excalibur is a viable alternative to Gung. So far, this game has been all about gearing almost exclusively for damage.

Ya they are starting to implement content that spices up gearing finally. Hopefully danger room rewards scale in a way that makes people want to get as deep as they can. That should offer some truly difficult content that requires some defenses or skill to avoid everything that is possible to avoid. It's too bad it's so far off though.

---

There interest in a red raid tonight at like 8-10PM EST? Potentially a green if people still need it.

It is impossible to cap the weekly token limit without raiding and these new influence upgrades are extremely pricey.

Still need to do axis too.

no fucking Horse-Thor to be found

Hear, hear!

Ya they are starting to implement content that spices up gearing finally. Hopefully danger room rewards scale in a way that makes people want to get as deep as they can. That should offer some truly difficult content that requires some defenses or skill to avoid everything that is possible to avoid. It's too bad it's so far off though.

Endless dungeon runs with increasing quality drops is the key. Glass cannon builds don't really offer much in that setting, other than the ability to blow up the content on the easier first few levels. They become seriously gimped as you progress. Difficult raid content helps, too, but only a small percentage of the player base ever progresses on that front. I like raiding when I have a schedule that permits it, but I can see why a lot of people don't.

She Hulk is fun. She looks good (face especially) and has some nice animations (smacking people with the barbell being the best). Cant wait to hit red prestige and see how well she holds up in Cosmic Midtown.
I am wondering if her red tape/immobilization power will come in useful at all? Even when I max it, it only lasts for just over 4 seconds.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i always thought this was the problem ever since the new you always see hundreds of civilians stuck running

We believe we have identified the source of the spawning issue, and at this time believe it primarily a result of civilians not running when they should, tying up the spot for other spawns. We are working on expediting a fix for this as soon as is feasible.

Also in the pipeline is a change reducing the respawn time of side bosses in patrol zones from 5 minutes to 3 minutes. The loot is NOT, however, being reduced, therefore this is in essence a buff to loot over time from these sources.

Deeper in the pipeline we have a more general upgrade to the population system. We are being very cautious with the deployment for this, but ultimately it is expected to dramatically improve moment-to-moment feel of population distributions; in other words, mob group frequencies will better match the intended design and player expectations.

Moondrop

Banned
Remember when comic Thor had a human alter ego and they would swap when he touched the hammer? I guess they got rid of all that junk.

She Hulk is fun. She looks good (face especially) and has some nice animations (smacking people with the barbell being the best). Cant wait to hit red prestige and see how well she holds up in Cosmic Midtown.
I am wondering if her red tape/immobilization power will come in useful at all? Even when I max it, it only lasts for just over 4 seconds.

It's definitely worth one point. Throw it at bosses and tough enemies when you engage to give you breathing room in positioning yourself.

Um, guys. The Odin Marks bonus..that's per hero per day? Like, if I had 5 heroes I could pull 50 marks a day with 5 quests?

Per hero, per day yes, but it's only one bonus mark not 10.

Lanrutcon

It's definitely worth one point. Throw it at bosses and tough enemies when you engage to give you breathing room in positioning yourself.

Per hero, per day yes, but it's only one bonus mark not 10.

Thanks! I bought some random heroes and was looking for an excuse to level em a bit :)

Drayco21

HES LITERALLY A SPACE HORSE WHO WAS GIVEN EQUIVALENT POWER TO THOR BECAUSE ?????????????????? WHAT THE FUCK

Because he's awesome. He had himself spliced up with animal genes to become his people's super soldier because he's such a good guy that wanted to save lives. He's worthy of the hammer not just because he's Horse Thor, but because he's basically Space Horse Captain America too. Plus, he flies around in a ship called Skuttlebutt. Skuttlebutt! That's so stupid, it's awesome!

Cosmic Marvel is best Marvel, so it makes sense that Cosmic Thor is best Thor.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
really wish they would stop making range/energy heros recently having to stance dance etc to get full effectivness. vision is follow the same path.

why the fuck cant some heroes be just straight forward seems like every hero/review or qol they are adding some bullshit barrier / mechanic with them its becoming tedious i think its why i like ms marvel shes just straight either haymaker or full range theres no bullshit in between you need to do to maximise your by toggling shit between each skill to maximise your dps.

really wish they would stop making range/energy heros recently having to stance dance etc to get full effectivness. vision is follow the same path.

why the fuck cant some heroes be just straight forward seems like every hero/review or qol they are adding some bullshit barrier / mechanic with them its becoming tedious i think its why i like ms marvel shes just straight either haymaker or full range theres no bullshit in between you need to do to maximise your by toggling shit between each skill to maximise your dps.
To be fair, vision is really far from what I would call a straight forward character in the comics. There aren't a huge amount of ranged nukers in the marvel u. Everyone's into punch punch antics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people shitting on Beta Ray? MarvelGAF continuing to be a parody of itself I see

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
He had himself spliced up with animal genes to become his people's super soldier because he's such a good guy that wanted to save lives. He's worthy of the hammer not just because he's Horse Thor, but because he's basically Space Horse Captain America too.

No, a bad writer contrived all those things so he could give a space horse all the powers of Thor and for some reason watch people eat it up and not call him out on this fucking Mary Sue horseshit. It should be deeply embarrassing for all involved and Marvel should've pretended years ago that none of it ever happened and the fact that they didn't is absolutely baffling.

Drayco21

No, a bad writer contrived all those things so he could give a space horse all the powers of Thor and for some reason watch people eat it up and not call him out on this fucking Mary Sue horseshit. It should be deeply embarrassing for all involved and Marvel should've pretended years ago that none of it ever happened and the fact that they didn't is absolutely baffling.

Dude, what? Walter Simonson is the definitive all-time Thor writer. JMS, Gillen, Ewing and Aaron have been great, but they're always going to stand in the shadow of what Simonson wrote, including the saga of Beta Ray Bill.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Dude, what? Walter Simonson is the definitive all-time Thor writer. JMS, Gillen, Ewing and Aaron have been great, but they're always going to stand in the shadow of what Simonson wrote, including the saga of Beta Ray Bill.

A BLACK MARK ON HIS CAREER

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the dink needs hugs

QueenOfHunting
11:19PM
i got spoilers from ryolnir on the next ms marvel costume :D

a question though are you making it ?

TheDink
TheDink
11:50PM
She also has not been dived up yet. I really would love to work on her but the community gets a little psycho when it comes to the females and after SW and BW I am having my doubts about doing anymore females >_>

also dat team up 2.0 delay

It will go to public testing in May sometime.

robgrab

Anyone else having a problem logging in? It keeps saying my email or password is incorrect so I tried the marvelheroes.com web site and it said the same thing. I clicked on "Forgot my Password" and it sent me a temporary one and that doesn't work either.

Vecks

Anyone else having a problem logging in? It keeps saying my email or password is incorrect so I tried the marvelheroes.com web site and it said the same thing. I clicked on "Forgot my Password" and it sent me a temporary one and that doesn't work either.

Some of their servers are down. They're working on it.

EDIT: Should be working now.

Top Bottom