• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the specifications mechanic doom has is basically stance dancing right ?

Dec

ATLTXHO.jpg

Woo

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also dec it wernt only moony that got a whole hero changing thing IW who not long had her qol got one too lol

Personal Force Field damage shield proc effect converted to 10% Damage Negation

in other thing it seems like they are using a dartboard to the changes

look at this
Human Torch
Protective Flames removed from Torch’s kit. Defense rating moved to Thermal Intensity. 10% Damage Negation added to Thermal Intensity, 10% Damage Negation when using a movement power added to Blazing Speed.

Spiderman
Superior Agility - Damage rating converted to total damage percent. 10% damage negation migrated to Spider to the Fly and triggers when Spidey hits with a melee power instead of when he dodges or uses a movement power.

so they add the mechanic they took from spiderman and add it to human torch LOL

Dec

also dec it wernt only moony that got a whole hero changing thing IW who not long had her qol got one too lol

in other thing it seems like they are using a dartboard to the changes

look at this

so they add the mechanic they took from spiderman and add it to human torch LOL

It actually kind of breaks MK. You want to stay at 30% hp or so to get a lot out of avatar of vengeance, which gives you critical hit rating and critical damage rating the lower health you are (this is the only reason he is good). Previously he had like 70% damage negation when at 30% health which is completely balanced because he has NO regen whatsoever. He has no LoH and almost no health regen per second. He actually loses health with a normal build (overload).

With this new change he will have 30% damage negation when at 30% health (down from 70%). He actually can't survive that low anymore and without being able to be that low, he loses thousands of CDR from avatar and as a result a huge portion of his damage.

30% damage negation is not enough on a hero that fights at 7k health. Most melee heroes have 25%, imagine playing Thor with 10k max health or you are basically The Thing cause you deal no damage in order to have 20k+ health.

So the way Moon Knights works:

For every 1% health is missing he gains crit rating and crit damage rating.

When at 100% health he deals significantly less damage than other heroes in the game, as he gets lower he scales up to where at 30% health he can compete at a high level given you supply him with gear. Since he has to be at 30% health he is always at 6-7k HP, this is only playable because he gets 70% damage negation when this low health.

Post patch he will get 10% damage negation and 10% per 25% health missing. When at 30% health you get 10% + 10% + 10% (2x 25% health missing) = 30% negation at 30% health. With this change he will absolutely need to spec out of psionic overload, probably isn't even AXIS raid viable and in modes like CMM and CICP deals less damage than everyone else because he cannot stay low HP.

Also his unique review just happened which has many procs to give buffs when under 50% health that wont even work if you can't play him that low. He will likely need LoH to do anything taxing now meaning he will swap his slot 1 for twilight and return to a cosmic item in his slot 5 to make up the ranks, rendering his brand new unique review pretty lacking.

Thankfully like I said they are looking into changing it again. That implies though that they think there was something wrong with it before when there wasn't so I'm not very hopeful, it will probably still be worse than before but not as bad as is on test right now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
It actually kind of breaks MK. You want to stay at 30% hp or so to get a lot out of avatar of vengeance, which gives you critical hit rating and critical damage rating the lower health you are (this is the only reason he is good). Previously he had like 70% damage negation when at 30% health which is completely balanced because he has NO regen whatsoever. He has no LoH and almost no health regen per second. He actually loses health with a normal build (overload).

With this new change he will have 30% damage negation when at 30% health (down from 70%). He actually can't survive that low anymore and without being able to be that low, he loses thousands of CDR from avatar and as a result a huge portion of his damage.

30% damage negation is not enough on a hero that fights at 7k health. Most melee heroes have 25%, imagine playing Thor with 10k max health or you are basically The Thing cause you deal no damage in order to have 20k+ health.

So the way Moon Knights works:

For every 1% health is missing he gains crit rating and crit damage rating.

When at 100% health he deals significantly less damage than other heroes in the game, as he gets lower he scales up to where at 30% health he can compete at a high level given you supply him with gear. Since he has to be at 30% health he is always at 6-7k HP, this is only playable because he gets 70% damage negation when this low health.

Post patch he will get 10% damage negation and 10% per 25% health missing. When at 30% health you get 10% + 10% + 10% (2x 25% health missing) = 30% negation at 30% health. With this change he will absolutely need to spec out of psionic overload, probably isn't even AXIS raid viable and in modes like CMM and CICP deals less damage than everyone else because he cannot stay low HP.

yea i know how moon knight works this change they have also breaks his avatar power currently

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im hating the lets slap on summon skills to very hero 2015. seriously fuck giving thing a whole summon tree just for flavourfullness of the fantastic 4.

also if they are giving 10 - 20% damage negation to every hero why not just make every mob to 20% less damage lol its like adding something for sake of it

oh wait we are back to the gaz way of strapping a band aid on and returning in a years time

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You mean relying on a bunch of fighting game moves that have no place in a action rpg setting didn't work?

I for one am shocked and did not see this coming at all

There are literally like one or two, and it is a cooldown power used only by one spec. Other stuff that is also in fighting games fits him just fine, imo. energy/magic blasts and missiles and shit aren't "LOL MAHVEL", they are the kind of stuff you would expect Doom to have.

Anyway I messed around with him a bit and think he seems pretty rad. Also I don't think stance dancing will be a thing, I could have sworn I wasn't able to switch the three passives on or off while in combat, got the "you cannot change powers while in combat" message you get from messing with anything in the power trees. Could be wrong though.

Also, kind of agree about summons. I think it's weird that they keep putting them on more heroes despite the fact that they have acknowledged that summon mechanics in general need a bit of an overhaul.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got to 200 ES last night, copped Storm and picked up the Mohawk

then the promo art dropped and it looks like Singer is following suit

fuck yeah

After Doom I'm going to have to agree that he's a bit of a mess atm. He feels like they just threw a bunch of ideas into him.

He doesn't seem to have enough powers in one tree so you kinda have to throw some summons in there. If you want to mix though the stance thing seems very clunky to switch between unless I missed a quick way.

I am liking Thing though. They retained his simplicity yet he he was pretty effect from the short time I had with him.

The fantasti-car travel power is great, I love the way he sits in it for some reason.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am hoping that the negative feedback of how the spec passives lockout entire trees is taken seriosuly. The spec passives give pretty massive buffs to an individual tree to the degree that you are obviously going to mostly use the powers from that tree; actually locking the other tree out just seems unnecessary and removes build options. They would have to rethink their resource thing, though, seeing as how it is based on having only one or the other resource active if you are tech/sorc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I havent tried him but cant you just do a ranged spec with a few summons with no specilty on them so they are just...well, non-perma summons, just to distract and whatnot?

I havent tried him but cant you just do a ranged spec with a few summons with no specilty on them so they are just...well, non-perma summons, just to distract and whatnot?

That seems to be the consensus "best build" right now, although all the skills and stats are bugged and not necessarily doing appropriate damage.

Me? I'm going 100% summoner. This game needs a damn proper summoner and Doom sounds closest so far. I like the additional AOE goodies benefiting from + summoning damage, too. I'll look at those like the old D2 necro curses.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That seems to be the consensus "best build" right now, although all the skills and stats are bugged and not necessarily doing appropriate damage.

Me? I'm going 100% summoner. This game needs a damn proper summoner and Doom sounds closest so far. I like the additional AOE goodies benefiting from + summoning damage, too. I'll look at those like the old D2 necro curses.

same but Im a summon fanboy. gimme dat magik. ill probably even make Thing summoner, at least with the yancy street gang posse :p

You mean relying on a bunch of fighting game moves that have no place in a action rpg setting didn't work?

I for one am shocked and did not see this coming at all

If you didn't know they were fighting game moves beforehand, you would never even notice. Footdive isn't even recognizable.

I'm more disappointed in his animations and power options. On top of the fact that if you're going to do a three damage type Power Cosmic setup, your options get limited by the specializations.

same but Im a summon fanboy. gimme dat magik. ill probably even make Thing summoner, at least with the yancy street gang posse :p

I'm totally confused on Magik as a summoner. I don't get it. Are we talking about the same character? She's a sorceress. I mean, I suppose her sword and armor are kind of summons. What am I missing? Was she revamped as a summoner?

Footdive isn't even recognizable.

You realize that makes the case against including it even stronger, right?

Pointless, out of character move being included for pointless reasons, and doesn't even resemble the mimicked move. Why?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, Limbo was fucking broken, everything was a one-shot. Electro's AoEs, lol.

Sad to hear about Doom. I'm not on TC, but do you think he can be "fixed" in a week or two or are the problems too ingrained?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Limbo was like 30+ or something which back then was high level because Marvel Heroes was a fucking hot mess for like 6 months

Anoregon

Sad to hear about Doom. I'm not on TC, but do you think he can be "fixed" in a week or two or are the problems too ingrained?

Honestly I think he will be fine, it's not like he needs a total overhaul. He already has builds that either are or will be powerful and effective once a few bugs are fixed. The spec system locking out the other tree is the only major design decision that I would want changed, but even with that I'm still going to enjoy him.

Moondrop

Banned
Come on, Limbo was fucking broken, everything was a one-shot. Electro's AoEs, lol.
Nothing was literally a one-shot. And I played as pure mental Jean back then.

That's not my screen shot, bro. Silly response either way. Limbo was broken. So much so that the developer removed it from the game. Think about it.
So every mode that is subsequently removed from a video game retroactively proves it was broken? Or because it's allegedly broken I can't find it fun? I don't understand your argument.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So every mode that is subsequently removed from a video game retroactively proves it was broken? Or because it's allegedly broken I can't find it fun? I don't understand your argument.

that it was bad and you didn't actually enjoy it, you just thought you did

/s

okay but now you're just straight-up lying because lots of things were literally one-shots

Moondrop

Banned
okay but now you're just straight-up lying because lots of things were literally one-shots
I don't appreciate being accused of lying. Electro's AoE's used to be incredibly powerful; I have no recollection that they literally killed any characters with one touch. Please prove it before calling me a liar again.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I don't appreciate being accused of lying. Electro's AoE's used to be incredibly powerful; I have no recollection that they literally killed any characters with one touch. Please prove it before calling me a liar again.

lol how am I going to prove it, let me hop into my wayback machine~

I just know that it was. Electro spawning his AoE under you was instant death in many cases. I'm saying your memory may be faulty, please do not get your jimmies rustled. we're talking about a fkkn video game.

Nothing was literally a one-shot. And I played as pure mental Jean back then.

You really want to double down? You played an elitist "Play better" card at a random screen shot I posted from Google exemplifying how stupid the mode was. Because I'm bad and you're good at the game, and that's why Limbo isn't broken and I need to learn to play.

Then you say nothing was literally a one-shot. Ummm, yes, yes it was. There were plenty of bosses that would one-shot you in there. I can think of four right off the bat. I would know, I played a metric ton of Limbo back when it released. It was the fastest way to level up a character, after all. I took two characters to cap in there. I watched entire teams die to one-shot abilities.

Don't go all revisionist on here, bud. The posts are all still on this same page. I said Limbo was the single worst thing to ever happen to this game. That's a fairly consensus opinion if you visit the forums and read up on the memories. I posted a random screen shot. You were the one that said we died because I let the threat level get too high, which was wrong on two accounts.

I never said you couldn't enjoy a completely broken, terrible mode, Mr. Straw Man. I'm happy you did. Good for you. Keep moving those goalposts.

Moondrop

Banned
I just know that it was. Electro spawning his AoE under you was instant death in many cases. I'm saying your memory may be faulty, please do not get your jimmies rustled. we're talking about a fkkn video game.
First you said I was "straight-up lying;" now my "memory may be faulty." Surely you recognize only one of those is inflammatory.

Perhaps your reaction times are too slow to move out of the way once Electro threw down his AoEs, but the rest of us learned long ago not to stand in the fire. Please don't be upset that I'm insinuating you're a bad player; we're just talking about video games.

You really want to double down? You played an elitist "Play better" card at a random screen shot I posted from Google exemplifying how stupid the mode was. Because I'm bad and you're good at the game, and that's why Limbo isn't broken and I need to learn to play.

Then you say nothing was literally a one-shot. Ummm, yes, yes it was. There were plenty of bosses that would one-shot you in there. I can think of four right off the bat. I would know, I played a metric ton of Limbo back when it released. It was the fastest way to level up a character, after all. I took two characters to cap in there. I watched entire teams die to one-shot abilities.

Don't go all revisionist on here, bud. The posts are all still on this same page. I said Limbo was the single worst thing to ever happen to this game. That's a fairly consensus opinion if you visit the forums and read up on the memories. I posted a random screen shot. You were the one that said we died because I let the threat level get too high, which was wrong on two accounts.

I never said you couldn't enjoy a completely broken, terrible mode. I'm happy you did. Good for you. Keep moving them goalposts.
I'm not intending to revise anything, nor do I understand what goalposts I moved or Straw Man arguments I'm employing.

You stated that it was the "single worst thing to happen to the game" and you posted a screenshot of a dead team. How can you deny that the image does not depict a wipe due to letting the threat level get too high? Look at the bar- it's almost full. Look at the number of waves- 5/7. Look at all the mobs around the dead players- no boss in sight. All the evidence suggests they died to a pack of powered up mobs.

And it can be a consensus opinion that that mode was broken and the worst thing ever and my opinion that it wasn't and I enjoyed it; those concepts can all coexist.

Anoregon

I didn't even play when Limbo is a thing, so my opinion is that butts are nice and boobs are also nice.

Moondrop

Banned
I want to apologize before this gets even more out of hand. I'm sorry. Y'all are good people and it's not my intention to troll you. I'll take some time off from this sub-forum.

Anoregon

children are dumb they can't even buy beer or become licensed insurance auditors

Top Bottom