• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rocket now has Doom's specializations too. This frees up 20 points for him and gives him a third playstyle with stronger cooldown based grenades/mines.

Battery Specialization

H7 Fleetslayer's damage is increased by X% of your summoned ally bonus damage.
Summoned ally damage increased 30%
Summon power spirit costs reduced 50%
Groot gains 25% critical and brutal chance
Summon an additional Blaster Turret

Assault Specialization

Makes Heavy Gauss Rifle a cooldown layer.
H7 Fleetslayer restores X (scaling) spirit per activation
Gun power spirit costs reduced 25%
Gun damage increased 25% (damage mult)
Adds an extra DoT to Gun powers

Explosives Specialization

H7 Fleetslayer gains 1 extra shot
Gravity Mine gains 8s cooldown & bonus damage
C7 Stun Grenade gains 8s cooldown & bonus damage
Heavy Plasma Shot damage increased 150%, reduced by 15% for 30s when you place a turret (stacking up to 5 times), and an additional 30% if Groot has been summoned

Colossus also got some love.

Crushing Smite - Replaced DoT with execute affix and 4s cooldown. Restores spirit based on remaining Armor.
Titanic Slam - Damage increased and cooldown increased to 8s. When below 50% Armor, gain 50% Armor and deal bonus damage equal to 0.5% per 1% remaining Armor. When above 50% Armor, this damage bonus is doubled.
Colossal Roar - Removed Spirit cost. Now grants a 6s buff which increases Colossus’ maximum health and defense rating.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rocket changes are interesting, I am curious to see how the summon-less explosion build will work out.

MASSIVE LIST OF TUNING CHANGES
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/2581259#Comment_2581259

TL;DR:
1) Every character is getting standardized damage mitigation.
2) Buffs to Colossus (minor), Emma Frost (significant), Loki (significant), Mr. Fantastic (praise the lord, he won't be stuck channeling all day!), Ms. Marvel (significant), Nightcrawler (massive), Rocket Raccoon (massive), Spider-Man (significant), and Taskmaster (significant).
3) Nerfs to Captain America (significant bug fixes), Nova (minor hit to his TTK via bug fix), Punisher (significant), Scarlet Witch (significant hit to her healing and Legion omega), and Venom (massive).

Black Panther
- 10% Damage Negation added to Panther Soul, 10% Damage Negation on melee hit added to Panther Grace

Cable
- 10% Damage Negation added to Veteran Warrior
- Eye for Weakness - now grants Cable 20% damage, critical damage, and brutal damage on activation

Captain America
- Meteor Kick - Double damage affix will now correctly stack additively with execute instead of multiplicatively. (this is a bug fix and effectively a small nerf)
- Star Spangled Strike (Sig) - Damage reduced ~10% (initial tuning did not correctly account for the damage bonus it provided)

Colossus
- Crushing Smite - Replaced DoT with execute affix and 4s cooldown. Restores spirit based on remaining Armor.
- Titanic Slam - Damage increased and cooldown increased to 8s. When below 50% Armor, gain 50% Armor and deal bonus damage equal to 0.5% per 1% remaining Armor. When above 50% Armor, this damage bonus is doubled.
- Colossal Roar - Removed Spirit cost. Now grants a 6s buff which increases Colossus’ maximum health and defense rating.

Cyclops
- 10% Damage Negation added to Martial Arts, with another 10% being added when he hits with a Fighting Expertise attack

Deadpool
- More Bullets - Grants Deadpool 25% bonus damage on Ranged attacks
- 10% Damage Negation added to Superior Healing Factor, 5% Damage Negation on melee hit added to Safety through Stabbing

Dr. Strange
- 10% Damage Negation added to Orb of Agamotto

Emma Frost
- Drain Psyche - Now gains 1% damage for every 1% attack speed, in addition to 20% damage against enemies affected by one of your DoT powers. Wind down time has also been reduced to increase responsiveness. Cost increased to 15 spirit per second (increases damage).
- Psychic Blast, Telepathic Torment, Sudden Dread, and Inspire Minion durations changed to have the same scaling
- Sudden Dread - spirit cost reduced to 20
- Kneel Before Me - Spirit cost removed, Emma restores spirit during the luring effect
- Diamond Armor - Grants 10% damage negation
- Telepathic Mastery - Grants 10% damage negation
- Telepathic Mastery - Constitution buff duration increased from 2s to 8s
- Mental Overload - Damage negation reduced to 5% (10% migrated to Telepathic Mastery)
- Unlock Potential - Now grants total damage bonus to your powers instead of damage rating
- Telepathic Mastery - now has 10% damage negation
- Diamond Armor - damage negation reduced from 25% to 15% (migrated to Telepathy)
- Mental Overload - Emma gains 10% damage negation if she destroys her minion

Gambit
- 10% Damage Negation added to Cheat Death, 10% Damage Negation on physical hit added to Savate Expert

Hawkeye
- 10% Damage Negation moved from Flash Bomb to Combat Training, which grants an extra 10% on melee hit

Human Torch
- Protective Flames removed from Torch’s kit. Defense rating moved to Thermal Intensity. 10% Damage Negation added to Thermal Intensity, 10% Damage Negation when using a movement power added to Blazing Speed.

Invisible Woman
- Quantum Compression - Animation will be slightly faster and base damage increased to compensate for recent changes to animation timing.

Loki
- Cold Snap - Enemies can now be “Frozen” for double damage purposes without being actually frozen with the CC effect, similar to Iceman.
- Frost Armor and Arcane Shield - Now grants 10% Damage Negation while active
- Lay Waste - Spirit cost reduced and enemies in the center of the area of effect take double damage
- Master Sorcerer - Now grants critical hit rating, damage rating has been replaced with a stronger damage affix that amplifies total damage, power duration no longer scales
- Unyielding Power - Cooldown reduced from 1 minute to 45s, spirit cost removed, damage/duration slightly adjusted to account for those changes.

Luke Cage
- 15% Damage Negation added to Unbreakable Skin

Moon Knight
- His version of the Ignore Pain damage negation mechanic has been changed as follows: 10% damage negation per 10% missing Health, up to maximum of 60% (at 40% remaining health)
- Avatar of Vengeance can restore up to 40% health (up from 30%)
- Damage rating, critical rating, and critical damage rating on Tools/Avatar of Vengeance increased so that the values previously given at 30% health are now given at 40% health.

Mr. Fantastic
- 10% damage negation removed from H.E.R.B.I.E., Elastic Body now has 20% damage negation
- Stretch Dash - Animation is quicker and no longer has a hitch at the end
- Super Stomp - Landing animation can now be canceled out of for smoother transition
- Positron Emitter - Now channeled for up to 2s as you hold down the hotkey, instead of being forced to channel for the maximum duration
- Giant Punch - Animation can now be canceled out of slightly sooner
- Elastic Barrage and The Twister - Now have much shorter minimum channel times

Ms. Marvel
- Stellar Beam - has been converted to a spirit spending power that deals 25% more damage after spending Photonic Energy. Also deals slightly less damage to each target it pierces after the first.
- Photonic Devastation - now gains 1% damage per 1% attack speed, but can no longer “Beam Weave”
- Radiant Cascade - now provides near unlimited Photonic Energy for its duration, allowing Ms Marvel to continuously cast her Photonic spenders
- Photonic Wave - DoT duration flattened to 8s
- Energy Infusion - Power has been cut and functionality merged to other powers. Active healing component moved to Infused Regeneration. Spirit component has been moved to Energy Absorption and now passively triggers when you spend Photonic Energy.
- Flight of the Warbird - functionality has been moved to Kree Toughness, and power removed
- Cruising Altitude - has been renamed Flight of the Warbird

Nightcrawler
- X-Slash - Grants critical damage and brutal damage as a percent rather than a rating, and its spirit cost has been reduced
- One Step Ahead - Now grants total damage percent bonus rather than granting damage rating.
- One Step Ahead - Also grants Nightcrawler 15% damage negation for a duration after using a teleport power.
- Righteous Frenzy - Damage rating converted to a percent total damage bonus, and Kurt also gains spirit while active
- Righteous Frenzy - Now has Melee tag
- Advancing Guard - Damage rating and defense rating have both been increased to bring it closer to Heartseeker Guard in viability
- Shadowmeld - Restores spirit while stealthed and no longer has a spirit cost
- Infernal Brimstone - Duration increased to 6s
- Brimstone Blitz - Now has Melee tag
- Bamf Bomb - This power now has a 2s grace period for bonus damage after stealth

Nova
- Blast Off - No longer deals both the forward and backwards damage to the same target if the target happens to have a huge hit box.

Punisher
- Damage Negation effect now starts at 10% when at full health and increases to 50% when low on life.
- Head Shot - Reduce+50% damage bonus to +25%, which will now stack additively with execute instead of multiplicatively (had a similar bug to Captain America)

Rocket Raccoon
- Razor Sharp Wits - Added damage rating
- Gravity Mine - Projectile speed increased
- Heavy Plasma Rifle - Projectile speed increased, attack speed slightly increased
- Photon Minigun - Remove Bosskiller in favor of 40% bonus damage while Combat Shield is not empty
- Groot - Increased cooldown to 10s, increase Groot's directed power damage by a large amount to compensate
- H7 Fleetslayer - Removed Spirit cost. Added Specialization tech, converting the old Assault & Battery passives and adding a third option, creating a build that focuses on not using any summons and amplifies explosives:

Battery Specialization
- H7 Fleetslayer's damage is increased by X% of your summoned ally bonus damage.
- Summoned ally damage increased 30%
- Summon power spirit costs reduced 50%
- Groot gains 25% critical and brutal chance
- Summon an additional Blaster Turret

Assault Specialization
- Makes Heavy Gauss Rifle a cooldown layer.
- H7 Fleetslayer restores X (scaling) spirit per activation
- Gun power spirit costs reduced 25%
- Gun damage increased 25% (damage mult)
- Adds an extra DoT to Gun powers

Explosives Specialization
- H7 Fleetslayer gains 1 extra shot
- Gravity Mine gains 8s cooldown & bonus damage
- C7 Stun Grenade gains 8s cooldown & bonus damage
- Heavy Plasma Shot damage increased 150%, reduced by 15% for 30s when you place a turret (stacking up to 5 times), and an additional 30% if Groot has been summoned

Scarlet Witch
- Ravenous Binding - Healing reduced (still has highest amount of passive heal available)

Spider-Man
- Spider-Brawl and Spidey Pummel - Animations have been swapped
- Web Barrage - Gains a stacking damage bonus when hitting enemies
- Leaping Assault - Now always critically hits
- Superior Agility - Damage rating converted to total damage percent. 10% damage negation migrated to Spider to the Fly and triggers when Spidey hits with a melee power instead of when he dodges or uses a movement power.
- Web Shield - Passively gains 10% damage negation
- Amazing Smash - Spirit cost removed

Squirrel Girl
- 10% Damage Negation added to Squirrel Heart, 10% Damage Negation on melee hit added to Squirrel Distraction (replacing current defense rating)

Storm
- 10% Damage Negation added to Healing Winds

Taskmaster
- 5% Damage Negation added to Flawless Emulation on Devil/Captain proc, 5% Damage Negation added to Spider/Archer proc
- Action! - now confers the benefits to Taskmaster without requiring him to stay within the hotspot area. Effect now includes a 50% increase in attack speed to his powers, as well as spirit regeneration for the duration of the effect. The cooldown has been reduced to 45s, while the duration has been adjusted to 10s. Activating this power no longer requires spirit. Power duration no longer affects this power (general rule for Signature and Ultimate powers)
- Flawless Emulation - now restores spirit on critical hits and brutal strikes
- Spider - movement speed affix replaced with a damage bonus after dodging or using a movement power
- Anti-Heroic Charge and Deadly Volley - spirit cost reduced to 10 per activation
- Rebounding Shield - DoT duration has been increased to 8s
- Fearless Acrobat - Melee damage rating increased
- Peerless Archer - Ranged damage rating and Brutal Strike rating increased

Venom
- Infect - Changed percentage missing health regen to flat health regen. (This is the biggest nerf on the list and it should have been set up this way to begin with, similar to the changes to costume cores last year).
- Writhing Tendrils - Fixed the bug which could allow the DoT to stack twice against mobs that resisted the CC effect.

Wolverine
- 10% Damage Negation added to Adamantium Skeleton

X-23
- 10% Damage Negation added to Heart of a Beast

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its hilarious how Jean doesnt even have one change.

she would benefit from this spec system too

she has been snubbed so badly since her review

also ill be using spiderman when spider gwen comes ^^

also pack it up guys doom is basically only viable as a summone rnow

Dr. Doom changes for 5/30:

Triumph & Torment maximum channel time reduced to 4s.

Fixed Pierce the Veil dealing twice the intended damage.

also ill be using spiderman when spider gwen comes ^^

The changes are looking good when you factor in the unique review. I'm most excited about the love for Mr. Fantastic and Nightcrawler. They are two of the most fun characters to play in game, but Reed had way to many channeled skills and animation hitches, while Nightcrawler had tissue paper durability. It looks like Gaz fixed the key issues on both characters. I'm stoked to give Kurt a serious look.'

Also, summoner Rocket!!!

As a new player still accumulating Splinters, how important are Team-Ups, and are there clear best/better options?

Right now they are butt. You basically unlock Domino and leave her set to passive and never think about it again. The next patch is supposedly overhauling them completely, so I'd suggest holding off for a week or two and seeing what the results are.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The changes are looking good when you factor in the unique review. I'm most excited about the love for Mr. Fantastic and Nightcrawler. They are two of the most fun characters to play in game, but Reed had way to many channeled skills and animation hitches, while Nightcrawler had tissue paper durability. It looks like Gaz fixed the key issues on both characters. I'm stoked to give Kurt a serious look.'

ms marvel for me probs bench scarlet for while. with those marvel changes and her unique review fast aparoaching i know shes gonna be awesome. i cosmic prestiged her for reason :D

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Also, summoner Rocket!!!

Right now they are butt. You basically unlock Domino and leave her set to passive and never think about it again. The next patch is supposedly overhauling them completely, so I'd suggest holding off for a week or two and seeing what the results are.

Got my NC to 30ish, it was so painful I gave up

ms marvel for me probs bench scarlet for while. with those marvel changes and her unique review fast aparoaching i know shes gonna be awesome. i cosmic prestiged her for reason :D

She deserves to be. Great character and a future role in the MCU.

Got my NC to 30ish, it was so painful I gave up

You mean his squishiness? Cause he's a total blast to play, tons of fun. He just didn't hold up at all in 60 content.

Dec

You mean his squishiness? Cause he's a total blast to play, tons of fun. He just didn't hold up at all in 60 content.

Yep he has really nice feeling and fun combat. It just isn't fun to die a ton and his damage is terrible. He will be one of the stand-outs of this patch I think.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah I thought NC was a ton of fun as well, I'm really hoping he becomes viable at endgame. He could easily be one of my main dudes again.

He's still squishy, but most of the cast still is too. The 10% damage reduction bandaid they're throwing everywhere isn't going to make any big difference in cosmic zones. His damage though is in a much better place, as is his spirit management. You can actually kill things now in a respectable amount of time.

You have to gear differently in cosmic patrols, that's just a fact of life. If they've buffed his damage and spirit sustainability, I'll definitely try him out.

I'm most interested in the tweaks to Mr. Fantastic and summoner Rocket.

Also, the updated uniques for Spidey and Thing are ridiculous. Spider-Man's slot 1 is better than Fragment of Twilight...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nobody is talking about the biggest change in the patch

Spider Brawl and Pummel animation swapped

giphy.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody is talking about the biggest change in the patch

Spider Brawl and Pummel animation swapped

giphy.gif

That's beautiful. I was using pummel as main attack becuase of Brawl's awful animation. Pretty sick patch overall.

Sblargh

Banned
Cap and SW being both my mains, I'm ok with the nerfs. I'm not crazy about them, but feel like minor stuff that makes sense.

I haven't played since Christmas. Has Punisher gotten any love to make him less boring to play?

Oh yeah, he got a review. Punisher is very fun now.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nice to see a unique item that actually doesnt just pump up your skils by + x hopefully more in future are like this

ODJdVyh.jpg

Azzurri

Does this extended midtown madness happen at the end of every month?

I played way too long and got GR to 60 in 6 hours and Cable to 47 in 4hrs. GR was fun to play, but Cable is such a bore and his DMG is so underwhelming. I know he has his review coming soon, but man is he boring.

Does this extended midtown madness happen at the end of every month?

I played way too long and got GR to 60 in 6 hours and Cable to 47 in 4hrs. GR was fun to play, but Cable is such a bore and his DMG is so underwhelming. I know he has his review coming soon, but man is he boring.

Cable is the DOT and teleport king, and that's about it.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
killing 10k bosses in midtown (achievement max) gives you

HfcKvNR.jpg

for funnier things

95lXpru.png

5hyObJQ.jpg

Azzurri

Cable is the DOT and teleport king, and that's about it.

Yea, I like his Teleport, I was use to playing SW.

BTW, I did that work around so I can get more keybinds by pressing alt and it works awesome. Now I can play Dr Strange well at least level him to 60.

Luke Cage feels weaker than I remember him being. He's not so durable and doesnt dish out as much damage with the Dempsy Roll as I thought he did. At least Misty Knight looks good.

StMeph

What's the best use of 4-of uniques if I'm level 44? Should I roll that into a level 60 unique and save it, roll into 500k credits to sell to reroll legendary quests, or roll into 500k credits to XP my Enchanter level (Pym is at 19)?

Sblargh

Banned
What's the best use of 4-of uniques if I'm level 44? Should I roll that into a level 60 unique and save it, roll into 500k credits to sell to reroll legendary quests, or roll into 500k credits to XP my Enchanter level (Pym is at 19)?

XP credit to crafters if you haven't done that. Relics if you have (imo).

I don't think I ever felt the need to get a unique into lvl 60. You'll find them a lot at 60.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
someone dropped this in Avengers Tower.. I literally did a triple take... huh? Needless to say I equipped it on my SW IMMEDIATELY.

8VYSDIh.png

Here's a guide.

I prefer using Shift over Alt.

be wary. I believe all key bind options outside of F1-6 break target lock. I have a hotbar 2 key bound to Hulk's stun, and that bound to like 'W', and it's annoying because if it was on hotbar 1 I could just periodically cast it. on HB 2 I have to cast, then click the mouse button on the boss again to get target lock. If you do the F1-6 RMB thing it still works, but then have to stretch to hit F1-6.

hopefully the mod stuff with the Curse arrangement will open up more legit bindings.

LuuKyK

Not sure if posted already but apparently its confirmed that after Ant-Man they will release Kitty and War Machine simultaneously.

FBd4YUy.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure if posted already but apparently its confirmed that after Ant-Man they will release Kitty and War Machine simultaneously.

FBd4YUy.jpg

That's one way of getting back on track with months to released ratio

Rhaknar

and a nice way to fuck up two heroes

Kitty was already fucked since the only thing that would maybe make her stand out was Lockheed but that was before every hero and their cousin had summons

And War Machine was always going to be a IM clone anyway

Low expectations means you can't be disapointed :p

sagat2036

Sup guys, just checkin really lovin the game!

Have 6 toons at 60 now.

Hope community stays active cause looks like ill be here for awhile.

This Rab btw!

Drayco21

That's why he keeps getting up everytime he dies; I'm keeping Kaine alive through sheer willpower over here. Besides, why do you think Marvel is really cutting so many marketing ties with the X-Men? Drayco's Marvel Universe has more room for Devil Dinosaur than it does Wolverine.

Should I feel bad that I can't even find Kaine in that photoshopped clusterfuck of a poster? Spotted Pete, Miles, Miguel, Jess and two Agent Venoms though.

Rhaknar

I can't see Kaine either lol, I was just going by what something said in the comics thread

Top Bottom