• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They've said that Marvel want's them to use a villain's "heroic" costume as a launch costume. That's why Venom has his black costume.

Also money.

except Venom's "heroic" costume would be anti venom...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty disappointed they didn't update Doom's model/texture map. That shit is oooooooold

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
got a 2100 G card for $9

Storm Mohawk, Iron Man Mark III & Cap Stealth Suit here we gooooooooo

except Venom's "heroic" costume would be anti venom...

on that note, i'm pretty surprised Venom hasn't gotten an Agent Venom Enhanced costume

Moondrop

Banned
Just a test Drayco:

John Proudstar (Thunderbird) and James Proudstar (Warpath)- separate characters if introduced in Marvel Heroes?

What about Banshee and Siryn?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just a test Drayco:

John Proudstar (Thunderbird) and James Proudstar (Warpath)- separate characters if introduced in Marvel Heroes?

he thinks every character ever made should be a seperate character in the game. he is actually insane

also that Doom classic skin is just a recolor

post-12466-I-dont-know-what-I-expected-gi-keE7.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The longer the days go on, the less likely it is that TC will go up today. Such disappoint. I want to see doom and teamup revamp. And thing i guess.

Their stated reason is that they want the default costumes for all anti-heroes/villains to be what they wore when they were most associated with doing good guy stuff, which for doom is future foundation.

On top of that, they want to use a different costume than the character wears in their boss encounter in order to avoid confusion. They released Taskmaster before that decision, otherwise the UDON suit would've likely ended up being the default instead.

also that Doom classic skin is just a recolor

What DID you expect? Future Foundation Doom is literally a recolor of classic Doom in the books too.

on that note, i'm pretty surprised Venom hasn't gotten an Agent Venom Enhanced costume

Because Brock Venom and Agent Venom have entirely different styles of fighting. Agent Venom would play a lot closer to Widow or Winter Soldier or Punisher, just with a bit of symbiote goop, rather than brute force claw swipes.
They also said that Agent Venom is going to be a unique character when they were originally announced Venom.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
As soon as we need testing, believe me you will know.

Everyone is head-down working right now, but I think we'll start to open the doors for public feedback in about 5-6 hours. Definitely today.

Tonight is the night, it seems.

Doom, Thing review, and Team Up 2.0 with less than a week testing.

Gaz's track record of patch perfection.

Next patch may, quite literally, break the game. I intend to cosmic prestige Doom via some sort of infinite experience bug.

Drayco21

Just a test Drayco:

None of them should be playable, because they're all dirtbag gene-trash mutie scum. Human rights are for humans.

I would be more okay with Thunderbird being a Warpath costume on the basis that Thunderbird only existed to die and never mattered, but I wouldn't want Banshee and Siryn to be costumes for each other.

Azzurri

Would really like to see a community member make a addon to track buffs/debuffs on bosses and an extra bar add on so you don't have to switch back and forth.

Moondrop

Banned
None of them should be playable, because they're all dirtbag gene-trash mutie scum. Human rights are for humans.

I would be more okay with Thunderbird being a Warpath costume on the basis that Thunderbird only existed to die and never mattered, but I wouldn't want Banshee and Siryn to be costumes for each other.
I respect your commitment to concepts and despise your stance on mutants.

Anoregon

A sig in each tree, and in the right tree you can see some new UI thing that looks to be related to the three damage/resource types.

I also like how the tree is just named "Latveria"

Azzurri

A sig in each tree, and in the right tree you can see some new UI thing that looks to be related to the three damage/resource types.

Any news on his synergy? Almost level 60 with SW and want to start leveling her synergy Hero's. Would love to see if he goes well with her.

Drayco21

Most importantly, looks like Foot Dive is one of his last powers unlocked. Hopefully that indicates it's pretty strong. I hope top tier Doom builds require constant footdives and finger lasers.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe you're on the wrong side of history for a change Tragi. Footdive4lyfe

I can't believe you're on the wrong side of history for a change Tragi. Footdive4lyfe

I never played any of the Marvel vs Capcom games, so I have no idea what all this foot dive jazz is. Conceptually from a comic book perspective, it makes no sense to me. And it's in the tech tree! Tech! All that foot dive technology!

Unless someone can link me one example of Doom performing a foot dive type of attack in a comic book, I'm not buying it.
#Purist #WTFIsFootDive

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Very promising. I wonder if they will share a cooldown (seems likely)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
also

regarding patrols and future content

Right now, we have two patrol modes in various stages of development - the patrol that will come near the end of the upcoming Secret Invasion story chapter, and another one that is a stand-alone patrol that will likely come out a few months later.

The Secret Invasion patrol is a new environment that in mechanics is fairly similar to the Midtown Patrol. The reason for this similarity is that we are trying something experimental with this, which is to integrate the story flow into a patrol map. In other words, going through the new upcoming chapter will push you into the new patrol map where there will be both regular story objectives and repeatable patrol objectives.

There are, understandably, both technical and design implications to this, and we are taking some lessons we have learned from Midtown in particular and working that into the physical design of the map, the distribution and type of events, and so on. We're also taking the step of attempting to integrate treasure rooms into the map, something we have historically been cautious about, since there are some potential pitfalls to this.

This patrol is actually quite far along, though we still have some work remaining to do before we can begin iterating internally on the actual end-user gameplay experience.

The stand-alone patrol following that is also a new environment, albeit one based on one of our existing tilesets. This new patrol - which we are just finishing up on the prototype for the first scenario - represents something that is mechanically at the opposite extreme from the Midtown Patrol.

Where the Midtown Patrol is a sprawling, loosely-defined, and has only very generic objectives (i.e., "Defeat the supervillains"), this new patrol experiments with some new tech that we've wanted to do (and been asked to do) for a while now - namely, mob pathing as part of an event.

While we're not (yet) ready to talk about the specifics of what we're doing with this, I'm quite certain you guys will grok the potential of this, some of which dates back to ideas proposed by the community way back when X-Defense was first released.

Oh, and did I mention we're planning on at least a couple of completely new bosses for this?

This second upcoming patrol has already gone through some very promising early playtests internally with a lot of positive feedback, and I am very much looking forward to seeing what we can do with it. While our initial implementation of this will be somewhat specific, if all goes well it offers the possibility of translating this kind of mob pathing tech to other game modes, and possibly even the main story as well.

What about other types of Content?
None of this should not be taken to suggest we are only working on this. We have the aforementioned new story chapter, Danger Room, a new raid, a main story revamp, and a lot of other things (some both big and unannounced) in the pipeline stretching out well into next year.

regarding mob pathing

"Mob pathing" means we have the tech - with some limitations - to tell mobs to, for example, go from one end of the screen to the other, independent of aggro.

We can turn this on and off for mobs at various times depending on player actions or how a mission goes, and so on. This can theoretically be used to do everything from simply allowing civilians to walk around the block before running off in terror from whatever new invasion occurs, to mobs approaching a central location across the breadth of a map.

Lots of possibilities.

regarding limbo

A new Limbo is still currently in the plan, yes. That is currently scheduled to come out much sooner than any of these other things mentioned.

Limbo in its new incarnation is mechanically closer to Age of Ultron, though on a simpler map; you will start as a group, run through a sequence of scenarios, and finish the mode as a group.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
To be fair, most characters feel awful compared to her, and you probably never played Cyclops back when he was one of the worst characters in game. You're playing the vastly improved Cyclops, if you can believe that.

Weird that his classic costume isn't his default, since I imagine that will be his most popular by far.

He's so squishy

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
tuning changes upcoming

What’s On the Horizon beyond simple tuning changes?

Several more game-wide system improvements are planned throughout the next year:

Channeled Travel Powers For Everyone - Sprint and Flight-style powers will be prevalent throughout all heroes, and made free for everyone. We’re currently leaning towards making this a dedicated hotkey and simply a part of the game itself rather than individual powers, so everyone can travel around the world in an enjoyable manner.

Crowd Control Revamp - The Crowd Control system is planned to undergo an overhaul which will make both applying CC to enemies, as well as reacting to being struck by crowd control (cleansing) more enjoyable overall. The details are still in the design, but we know this is a system that is overdue for some improvements.

Visual Upgrades - Slowly but surely, the art team has made improvements to many existing costumes, animations, rigging and visuals. This will continue until everything is up to modern standards. Look for an announcement from the Art Director (@Lord) in the very near future about his next project.

TUNING CORNER FAQ
How often will you do tuning?

At least once a month, but possibly more frequently at the beginning to step each hero towards top tier. We have a ton of methods to collect data (both hard data, personal experience and anecdotal feedback), so it’s just a matter of moving stuff up in a smart, reasonable manner until the top tier is hard to identify since everyone is in it.

Loki, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler and Spider-Man all have a few specific tuning changes for next week’s patch.

ere's a quick preview of some Nightcrawler buffs from the patch notes:

Nightcrawler changes:
- X-Slash - grants critical damage and brutal damage as a percent rather than a rating, and its spirit cost has been reduced
- One Step Ahead - now grants total damage percent bonus rather than granting damage rating.
- One Step Ahead - also grants Nightcrawler 15% damage negation for a duration after using a teleport power.
- Righteous Frenzy - damage rating converted to a percent total damage bonus, and Kurt also gains spirit while active
- Advancing Guard - damage rating and defense rating have both been increased to bring it closer to Heartseeker Guard in viability
- Shadowmeld - restores spirit while stealthed and no longer has a spirit cost
- Infernal Brimstone - duration increased to 6s

(Under this new tuning philosophy, the team will be empowered to make simple tuning changes like this without revisting the entire kit of Nightcrawler. Larger powers changed can be saved for later once the schedule permits).

NERFS

About 5 powers will receive specific nerfs and there will be several system wide improvements to various powers.

raid changes

How Will This Affect Raid Tuning?

These ongoing hero tuning changes, (specifically nerfing the 3-4 “OP” powers), will likely allow us to reduce the difficulty of Green-difficulty AXIS by a small amount and will ensure that Red-difficulty AXIS is a bit more forgiving than it may have been otherwise.

We do want to go back and do a complete tuning pass of all game content from level 1 to level 60 to make sure it’s challenging (not too difficult, nor too easy), but we’ll wait until the tuning changes are up and running for a few weeks to do that.

We will not release the Red-difficulty AXIS raid until we’ve had at least a few iteration passes on hero tuning. We’re very confident that with a few smart iteration cycles we can have all heroes viable for Red-difficulty AXIS (assuming equal player skill, gearing and point allocation decisions).

Anoregon

Pretty new comprehensive Doomsaw post about hero tuning/buffing philosophy going forward.

Essentially, they want everyone to be "Top Tier" and will be taking a more regular, proactive approach to achieving this, instead of always waiting for specific, individual hero reviews/qol/buffs/whatever. Next week will have buffs for Loki, Nightcrawler, Emma, and Spiderman:

Example: Loki, Emma Frost, Nightcrawler and Spider-Man all have a few specific tuning changes for next week’s patch. In the past we would wait for a larger review to adjust these heroes, but with the new tuning philosophy we’ll buff them as much as we can reasonably do right now and still work on new powers and kit changes for the future (once the level 52 reviews are completed).

Worth reading entirely, here is link:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/202899/2nd-anniversary-tuning-philosophy-initiative/p1

EDIT: QUEEN OF BEATING ME TO POSTING THINGS

Really pumped to see Nightcrawler and Loki buffs. They are two chars I really enjoyed leveling and shelved after being 60 for a bit, I'd love an excuse to play them more.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Might revisit Surfer and Iron Man if their tuning turns out well, since I have costumes for both. Hopefully they won't nerf Scarlet Witch too much, but at least I'll have those characters and Doom to fall back on if she gets nerfed to oblivion.

Anoregon

OH SHIT Doomsaw trolling hard:

Ends his big post about Tuning Philosoph with a picture of Magik

First reply is this:

Now, why did you post an image of best waifu, without mentioning her playable?

Why would you hurt me like this

Doomsaw's immediate reply:

I think you will be happy.

MAGIK CONFIRMED SURPRISE HERO FOR 2ND ANNIVERSARY

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
"Make everyone good, don't make bad characters" all hail this revotionary new design philosophy

joking aside the task of keeping this game up to date must be gargantuan. good on em

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i did say other day expect a hero in june doomsaw mentioned their will be big things in june. and howard the duck was delayed at april due to avengers marketing stuff.

Top Bottom