• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Going to be some great costume opportunities come out of Secret Wars.

Hope they do this MK one eventually:

yjteyw2.jpg

Would buy.

Azzurri

Started to play DR. Strange and I really like him, I though because of all the keybinds I'd hate him. But with the keybind work around he's pretty easy to play. His powers looks so good, and he's pretty damn powerful; so much utility and AOE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wish there were dot and debuff icons on enemies but I don't even know how that would work on a top down game :/

Colossus, Ms. Marvel, Emma, and Loki will get their uniques updated the week after the anniversary patch.

Also, damn it has been a long time since I've seen one of these drop.

UlFXS2C.png

I miss when they were only somewhat rare.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Don't count on it. I doubt we will see many more X-men or Fantastic 4 characters and costumes in the future.

We already have the F4 in-game, Kitty Pryde is coming soon, Secret Invasion & Skrulls are on the docket.

I doubt Perlmutter is telling Gaz who they should and shouldn't put in their game, and with Apoc coming next year I'm sure they'll take advantage of that buzz in their own way.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Kitty was already fucked since the only thing that would maybe make her stand out was Lockheed but that was before every hero and their cousin had summons

And War Machine was always going to be a IM clone anyway

Low expectations means you can't be disapointed :p

I actually am not expecting Lockheed to function as a summon for Kitty, at least insofar as her having summon-tagged abilities. I picture him being a part of specific attacks, more like the cyclops (and now Thing) team call-ins.

Also, from Amthua about Doom uniques:

Slot 1: no change
Slot 2: some stats from his old Slot 4 (surfboard). some new ones. rebuilt
Slot 3: no change
Slot 4a: Surfboard (non-summoner)
Slot 4b: Horn (summoner)
Slot 5: portrait

TOOT!

StMeph

Being super cramped on storage space finally pushed me to get some G, so then I also added a pet (Bamf) and team-up (Domino) to take advantage of other stats/bonuses I wasn't getting either.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wow Marvel's really doing its best to not promote anything for Fox huh, even if it means shooting themselves in the foot too. Kind of underhanded.

Pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with "promoting". The setup of the licenses to Fox I believe state that Fox gets split revenue from any merchandising for movie tie-ins. It was the same thing with Sony and Spider-Man. So all Fox would have to do is "show" that an X-Men product is based on an existing or upcoming movie. The problem now is that Fox has FIVE movies (with a 6th incoming) pretty much covering the gamut.

And as someone else pointed out.. the Marvel poster is the 2015 "Marvel image" that also goes out to licensees. It makes no sense for Marvel to include X-Men and Fantastic Four on there if they aren't actively licensing those properties out.

People have also said (and I agree) that it's not Marvel being dicks.. They have to protect their product.. and as the Fox arrangement exists, and now with 7 (soon to be 9) movies under that arrangement, Marvel is slowly running out of licensed stuff they can do with those properties that Fox couldn't jump in on and say "but those are based off of these movies that we made."

I don't see Fox giving up X-Men without a fight. DoFP took in $750M worldwide.. I mean damn. But Fantastic Four.. that kind of paints Fox in the poor light here to me. They can't launch a good FF movie if they tried. Silver Surfer didn't even hit $300M worldwide, and the new reboot looks even worse.

We already have the F4 in-game, Kitty Pryde is coming soon, Secret Invasion & Skrulls are on the docket.

I doubt Perlmutter is telling Gaz who they should and shouldn't put in their game, and with Apoc coming next year I'm sure they'll take advantage of that buzz in their own way.

Would guess (given all I typed above) that Gaz/MH is pretty much safe from Fox as far as characters go. About the biggest effect that situation will have is being doubtful that we will see ANY X-Men focused storylines.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, Rocket is getting pretty significant iteration with his new spec stuff. Changes coming in today's TC build:

Combat Shield now absorbs all incoming damage, but has a much lower capacity - this is an experimental change and could be reverted, but we want to divvy up some of his negation so having the shield up isn't feast or famine. Passive effect now grants 10% damage negation, projectile deflection, more defense rating, and the endurance / shield restoration on orb pickup effect formerly on Razor-Sharp Wits.

Razor-Sharp Wits has gained the cleanse active, Dexterity team buff, and dodge rating of Keen Planning.

Keen Planning has been removed from Rocket's power trees.

Photon Minigun bonus damage affix changed to "Bonus to enemies affected by M78 Plasma Launcher", something that is more controllable compared to the shield effect. Base damage slightly increased.

Tactics Specialization is renamed back to Battery Specialization. The power once again summons 2 turrets per activation. Spirit cost reduction of summons increased to 100%! This should help with the spirit management of summon builds.

Assault Specialization spirit restoration per Fleetslayer activation increased to 50, closer to the previous Assault active effect at high ranks.

Explosive Specialization grenade bonus damage increased to 300%. Heavy Plasma Rifle bonus increased to 200%, but decreases from turrets and Groot increased. Adds 2 extra activations to Fleetslayer. This should make it a bit more competitive with the other specs.

Heavy Plasma Rifle now deals bonus critical damage.

Photon Pistols now restore spirit on hit.

My Friend, Groot cooldown change reverted to previous build.

Also, some nice Doom changes coming too, I ESPECIALLY like the look of this:

The Will of Doom now includes a "no specialization" passive that increases Doom's damage output based on the number of different damage types he has used recently. This effect is disabled if a specialization is chosen, highlighting the no-spec full-hybrid build.

Power Cosmic doom for life!

Got Cyclops as a random hero last week and I felt the same. I just got him to Lvl 60 and then stopped playing him. So maybe it's an unfair verdict but: Cyclops sucks.

It's so weird hearing people say how bad and boring Cyclops is. He's my most played character by far with hundreds of hours. I guess I just enjoy the simplistic gameplay. My level 50 Ricochet Blast reks everything.

It's so weird hearing people say how bad and boring Cyclops is. He's my most played character by far with hundreds of hours. I guess I just enjoy the simplistic gameplay. My level 50 Ricochet Blast reks everything.

Got to agree, ricochet blast beats all mobs. He's in a good place and is so much better than he was before his 52 review and still better than a few others currently running around (Black Widow, Torch).

Azzurri

Cable has to be the most boring to play, it's like watching paint dry. Good thing for midtown madness and some xp boosts.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
it's canon nerds, you'll take your weak-ass Cyclops and like it.

I don't like it

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Cable has to be the most boring to play, it's like watching paint dry. Good thing for midtown madness and some xp boosts.

!?!?!??? Dude, I am LOVING Cable!!!!!!!! Seriously, the most fun I've had since Squirrel Girl. Nice rotation, options, survivability and spirit regen. Cable at least makes sense why his 52 review is so far out. The original cable build is super solid.. as opposed to like Deadpool, who is awful and his 52 review is still a ways out.

Anoregon

Yeah I haven't played Cable much at all. I did snag the techno-organic virus for 250g during that sale he had though, so hopefully his review will make him cool next month.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Cable is just intensely boring to me. He's the least interesting hero to play imo. Saving grace is his teleport.

inky

When Cable was released his teleport had amazing range. I remember going to places you weren't supposed to like the edge of the Helicarrier.

Azzurri

Cable is just intensely boring to me. He's the least interesting hero to play imo. Saving grace is his teleport.

That's what it is for me, it's not that he can't do dmg, it's just his gameplay is so boring.

After cable I went to dr strange and it was like night and day. It was much more satisfying.

I have a stats question. What powers consist of Energy? Or is it a general attribute?

Anoregon

Just curious for folks who don't like Doom having a footdive-esque power: Are you fine with him getting a Sea Horn (aka TOOT) unique? It's just as, if not more silly, but actually from comics so I figure it should be kosher.

tumblr_mom90oXc0q1qcf2rso2_400.jpg

Also this truly is one of the best single panels in history.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
When i think of doom i dont think a dude who summons loads of shit yes i get thst he can summon doombots which should have been one skill not a whole tree dedicated to summons and are stronger than his range skills

I feel they really dropped the ball here and considering hes gonna be 600 splinters what warrants thst the specs? Piss off thats just stances modified and he isnt as flashy as i thought where's thr cosmic holes similar to surfer ?

I find it bullshit how dr doom is a better summoner than he is at blowing shit up.

When i think of doom i dont think a dude who summons loads of shit yes i get thst he can summon doombots which should have been one skill not a whole tree dedicated to summons and are stronger than his range skills

I feel they really dropped the ball here and considering hes gonna be 600 splinters what warrants thst the specs? Piss off thats just stances modified and he isnt as flashy as i thought where's thr cosmic holes similar to surfer ?

I find it bullshit how dr doom is a better summoner than he is at blowing shit up.

Dr. Doom should never have to do his own fighting ever. He makes the most sense as a summoner and as nothing else, frankly.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Rocket has a summon-less build now? dope. i love Groot but little homie needs to shine on his own.

just realized we'll get a Black Bolt eventually, and ideally a Lockjaw pet (hopefully lockjaw shows up at the same time as Ms Marvel)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rocket has a summon-less build now? dope. i love Groot but little homie needs to shine on his own.

just realized we'll get a Black Bolt eventually, and ideally a Lockjaw pet (hopefully lockjaw shows up at the same time as Ms Marvel)

Black Bolt with Mic functionality

Top Bottom